Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanked: 238

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    The gen4 remains one of the nicest allround vehicles i ever owned..It has a big boot,big interior,good allround visibilty and a decent engine.
    Its good but not one of the nicest all round vehicles. I would consider 7 seater capability as a criterion in all round function, and it fails very miserably there. That 3rd row contraption must have been designed by .... I don't even know what to say. It's absolutely useless.

    The Sport however is really nice too.
    If you have to put a brand new sport or brand new gen4 infront of me and say choose......i will post reply when i can decide
    Of course the sport. Technology and design has overtaken the gen 4. And I don't mean by exterior, but interior design. For example, Mitsubishi could have chosen to modernise the cockpit and dash design a couple of times if they wanted, and even redesign the 3rd row. The facelifts too at the front and rear could have been redone much better, and NVH could have been improved even with the 3.2 motor, and the gen4 would have been a winner always.

    See how the 150 has evolved from the ugly shape of 2009 to the not-so-ugly variant today. In fact if you ask me, Toyota have done a stellar job on the current facelift to the 150.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanked: 238

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingSunsets View Post
    The love that people have for the Gen 4 is not because it is a perfect car, much like a land rover Defender it has its faults, yet their following is steadfast. The people who drive these cars learn to see those "issues" as idiosyncrasies that they can live with in exchange for having a robust car that just does everything rather well..
    Those people are not enough to justify production. Unfortunately. They however would have been enough had Mitsubishi put in effort to improve esthetics and more tech both inside and outside.

    Its the same reason someone buys a 79 or a 76, ..
    The 70 series LC sells in drones globally. Not the gen 4. I wonder why...

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,562
    Thanked: 1058

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Not sure why you say the 3rd row is useless..I used mine often and it worked great and folds away well leaving loads of boot space.
    The fortuner 3rd row must be the worst designed

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Brackenfell
    Age
    39
    Posts
    128
    Thanked: 274

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Not sure why you say the 3rd row is useless..I used mine often and it worked great and folds away well leaving loads of boot space.
    The fortuner 3rd row must be the worst designed
    I think he is referring to the Gen 4 Pajero and not the PS.
    The third row in the PS is brilliant, regularly have 6/7 people in the car with backpacks when we go hiking. Easy to set up and fold away.
    2018 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 4X4
    2016 Mazda CX-3 2.0 Dynamic Auto - Sold
    2012 VW Tiguan 2.0TDi Bluemotion - Sold
    2009 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 3 door - Sold

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanked: 238

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Not sure why you say the 3rd row is useless..
    Because it was designed to carry people, and I presume children. But even kids back there can't fit unless they are 3 years old, and won't be there long enough while at it. Secondly, the process of stowing and unstowing is just terrible.

    I used mine often and it worked great
    Did you carry people in there, am curious..
    The fortuner 3rd row must be the worst designed
    Fortuner 3rd row is not the best, but when in use, it's comfortable and spacious and leaves reasonable space behind it for your stuff.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,149
    Thanked: 632

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Are you referring to the Pajero or the Sport? If it is the Pajero I can assure you that my high school daughter and her friends use the back seat on a regular basis. And I can set it up in a couple of seconds. The biggest advantage is that stowed away I can fit four bycycles in the back which you cant do with those seats that just flips up. And with the seats up you use the space underneath the lid for packing wich you also don't have in the Fortuner setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    Because it was designed to carry people, and I presume children. But even kids back there can't fit unless they are 3 years old, and won't be there long enough while at it. Secondly, the process of stowing and unstowing is just terrible.

    Did you carry people in there, am curious..

    Fortuner 3rd row is not the best, but when in use, it's comfortable and spacious and leaves reasonable space behind it for your stuff.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanked: 238

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    If it is the Pajero I can assure you that my high school daughter and her friends use the back seat on a regular basis.
    I give up
    It seems gen4 fanboies are kinda like old defender fanboies.
    OK so you can have your high school daughter and her friends squat back in that cramped seat, yes, and that's really okay when there are no other options at that particular moment in time. But it doesn't make it any more spacious. And I don't think they will be there for more than an hour.

    Point here really is that over the 21 years Mitsubishi has stuck to this design, they could have gotten to improving it, because the space is really there.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,149
    Thanked: 632

    Default Re: The new 2020 Pajero Sport

    Correct, never for long trips but useful nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    I give up
    It seems gen4 fanboies are kinda like old defender fanboies.
    OK so you can have your high school daughter and her friends squat back in that cramped seat, yes, and that's really okay when there are no other options at that particular moment in time. But it doesn't make it any more spacious. And I don't think they will be there for more than an hour.

    Point here really is that over the 21 years Mitsubishi has stuck to this design, they could have gotten to improving it, because the space is really there.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •