Ford Ranger 3.2 auto

Default Ford Ranger 3.2 auto

Hi Guys,

Need some technical assistance, my Ford Ranger is a 2017 facelift, intermittently but not frequently over the last 3-4 months the car would cut-out when i approached a stop position, actually while driving and slowing down to stop i notice that the car will lose power and when i applied the brake the car cuts off - i put the car back into "P" and start again easily. Two weeks ago i did this cut out twice in one morning, i took the car to battery center, they tested the battery and said it had some charge and suggested before i decide to replace the original battery i show take the car to my Ford dealer. I did it the same morning but they could not find on the computer any error code and suggest i leave the car with them so that they can do a proper battery check. After the check they phoned saying the battery is not holding the charge, so i decided to fit a new battery ( as mentioned the old battery was the original installed at the factory ). Sunday, September 27, 2020, near my home i could feel the same lose of power and as i pulled into my driveway and applied the brake the car cut out, as before put it into "P" as before the car started easily. This morning zero issues - has anyone experience this before.
    Last edited by Jose de Sousa; 2020/09/21 at 09:31 AM.

Default Re: Ford Ranger 3.2 auto

Quote Originally Posted by Jose de Sousa View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need some technical assistance, my Ford Ranger is a 2017 facelift, intermittently but not frequently over the last 3-4 months the car would cut-out when i approached a stop position, actually while driving and slowing down to stop i notice that the car will lose power and when i applied the brake the car cuts off - i put the car back into "P" and start again easily. Two weeks ago i did this cut out twice in one morning, i took the car to battery center, they tested the battery and said it had some charge and suggested before i decide to replace the original battery i show take the car to my Ford dealer. I did it the same morning but they could not find on the computer any error code and suggest i leave the car with them so that they can do a proper battery check. After the check they phoned saying the battery is not holding the charge, so i decided to fit a new battery ( as mentioned the old battery was the original installed at the factory ). Sunday, September 27, 2020, near my home i could feel the same lose of power and as i pulled into my driveway and applied the brake the car cut out, as before put it into "P" as before the car started easily. This morning zero issues - has anyone experience this before.

You need to go and ask your money back from that Ford dealer. There is no way a diesel engine with an electronic fuel pump will die due to a faulty battery if the alternator is still working..

I suggest letting them check the diesel filters, if they are ok then it is most probably either a diesel pump, DPF or Cat issue. It could also be a faulty MAF sensor

Edit: It could also be your throttle regulator from the gearbox control module.... It could be many things, but it definitely cannot be your battery
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2020/09/21 at 09:42 AM.

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.