Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Default Re: Land Cruiser 300 - 3.3L V6 diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    Geez here we go......I merely asked a question, touchy much?
    I actually love the 200 and would donate a nut for a 300, but if its going to make me all emotionally defensive then perhaps not.

Why not just answer the question with actual facts, im atually sincerely curious about it, if you dont have facts rather not bother.
    If you where sincerely curious about the fact, why would you immediately add your judgement (calling the 10k km interval "archaic") without knowing anything about the reasons behind it and already knowing that a shorter maintenance interval ISN'T good for the engine. If you are such an expert, you surely wouldn't have to ask at all?
    Seeing how touchy you get when it's about Ford...
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser -sold-

I have never slated a brand....ever, I am also not emotionally protective over the brand of vehicle I drive, you can call my Ford a POS to its face , i don't really care I'm an adult, it's a vehicle.
    Fact is Name another current vehicle that has 10 000km intervals?
    I agree that 25000 is stupid, but 15000 has been the norm for years.
    Hilux, fortuna etc are all 15000......and they run for huge mileage......see what I did there I even complimented another brand. And yes my question was sincere, I am honestly trying to understand why, if you can't get that then that's your issue
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    I have never slated a brand....ever, I am also not emotionally protective over the brand of vehicle I drive, you can call my Ford a POS to its face , i don't really care I'm an adult, it's a vehicle.
    Fact is Name another current vehicle that has 10 000km intervals?
    I agree that 25000 is stupid, but 15000 has been the norm for years.
    Hilux, fortuna etc are all 15000......and they run for huge mileage......see what I did there I even complimented another brand. And yes my question was sincere, I am honestly trying to understand why, if you can't get that then that's your issue

Ek.mag verkeerd wees maar dink hilux en fortunar is ook 10 000 km dienste ?

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hein100 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Ek.mag verkeerd wees maar dink hilux en fortunar is ook 10 000 km dienste ?
    The current LC200, 79, 76, Prado (TD & petrol) FJ Cruiser, Hi-Ace, Hilux and Fortuner all have a 10k km service interval.
    But let's not spoil this with facts.
    2012 FJ Cruiser

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugoNotte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    My wife had a VW bus with a 15000km service intervals. Once out of warranty and motor plan I took over the sevices. Have done two. On both cases I took oil samples and had WhearCheck annalise them.
    Both cases it were way out of spec.

In person I would not push a service beyond 10000km in SA conditions.
    Interresant Christo.
    Ek het laasjaar begin n Isuzu bakkie gekoop, ek was maar skepties oor die 15000km diensintervalle(ek glo nog aan 5k intervalle&#128514.

Op 10000km het ek n olie analise gedoen, oor my skeptisme.
    Die verslag was dat die olie nog piekfyn(mooi woord) en diensbaar was vir nig n goeie wyle.

Op daardie noot(of topic), maar hulle het selfs vir my gese dat dit nog die eerste olie is, hulle kon slefs die assembly grease optel……
    Ongelooflik

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mapog For This Useful Post:

Ok so all archaic, corolla? Those run longer than luxes, anyway please forgive my insulting quest for a factual answer, clearly nobody knowledgeable enough here to actually give an answer ?
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.

Ek stem saam 10000km intervalle is outyds. Tegnologie het ver gevorder sedert die ouer dae.
    M Benz vragmotors besluit nou self wanneer die diens nodig is. My 2015 Actros is nog op 20k. Die nuwe 2019 Actros kan tot 100k gaan. Die rekenaar besluit self aan die hand van rytoestande. Dit onder ń 5 jaar waarborg.
    Die nuwer sedans beweeg ook in daardie rigting maar nooit onder 20k nie. Ook onder diensplan wat waarborg beskerming het.
    Dit maak meer sin as 10k met 3j waarborg
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:

So, watse olie gebruik die 300? Normale olie? Indien so, dan stem ek, hou by 10k intervalle. Maar meeste gebruik deesdae sintetiese olies en dan kan mens die intervalle rek.

10k intervalle vir my is irriterend. Dis net "te vinnig". Dink net, vir dieselfde hoeveelheid dienste (9 in die geval van die 300), kan jy die diensplan van 90k km uitrek na 135k km as jy 15k intervalle doen. Dit maak meer sin, vir my in elk geval.
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Ek stem saam 10000km intervalle is outyds. Tegnologie het ver gevorder sedert die ouer dae.
    M Benz vragmotors besluit nou self wanneer die diens nodig is. My 2015 Actros is nog op 20k. Die nuwe 2019 Actros kan tot 100k gaan. Die rekenaar besluit self aan die hand van rytoestande. Dit onder ń 5 jaar waarborg.
    Die nuwer sedans beweeg ook in daardie rigting maar nooit onder 20k nie. Ook onder diensplan wat waarborg beskerming het.
    I agree, Toyota seems pretty much alone with their 10k km service interval. Even Nissan's Patrol & Navara have got 15k km intervals.
    Toyota has always been more conservative in their approach and it might simply be that.
    Then again, the Land Cruiser Range has retained the ability to serve as a working vehicle on all continents, even the luxury barges. Maybe that is a reason for the shorter service intervals.
    In general, oil change intervals are determined not only by the ability of the manufacturer to reduce engine wear (and with it particles in the lubricant) through manufacturing and design, but also by application. Dusty conditions, towing, less than optimal fuel, frequent and short heat cycles, all play a roll.
    The Actros range you mention is a good example. If used in long haul operation, the oil change intervals can possibly stretched out quite a bit, since there are fewer heat cycles and the engine operates most of the time within the optimum temperature range. Those engines are probably quite clean inside, very little residue built up.
    Take the same truck and put it on urban, short haul delivery duty with frequent start / stop cycles, and lots of idle. That engine would spend more km at less than optimum operating temperatures, more built up of residue and possibly more fuel contamination in the oil. Fuel contamination of the oil does happen, specially while the engine warms up. If the oil is given enough time at operating temperature, the fuel tends to evaporate. In this short haul scenario, I would expect the oil change interval to be shorter than on the long haul operation.
    2012 FJ Cruiser

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugoNotte For This Useful Post:

Another thing to remember is that more frequent servicing means more money for your dealers and in doing so keep them alive and profitable.

Hugo I agree with you.

Does not matter which engine. They all be ifit from frequent services.

TSA offer extended warranties for all their vehicles, AFAIK you can extend the warranty to 5 or 6 years. Further than that I saw a add the other day, TSA offering a 2 year warranty as long as a vehicle is less than 10 years old and have FSH with TSA.
    So potentially you can end up with a 7 or 8 year warranty for a couple extra bucks if you choose. At the prices of new vehicles these days paying a bit extra for a extended warranty is nothing.

Maybe they feel confident enough to warrant their vehicles for so long because of the 10k km service interval.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    Another thing to remember is that more frequent servicing means more money for your dealers and in doing so keep them alive and profitable.
    As per my previous post, you can have the same amount of services and 'satisfy' you customer a bit more by extending the 'time'.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    Hugo I agree with you.

Does not matter which engine. They all be ifit from frequent services.
    Is 5k really that material from a service perspective. It is from a client perspective though.

i.e. if I change my oil for my cruiser to synthetic, will it really be so bad to do 15k intervals?

NB - I am not mechanically minded by any stretch, so my queries are genuine (before I also get labled)
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

'n Vriendin het 'n Mini gehaad wat ook so gewerk het binne sy waarborg. Dit het eintlik nie baie lekker gewerk in terme van budget want mens het nooit geweet wat die ding gaan besluit. Vandag se hy jy moet olie ruil, more se hy dis tyd vir brieke, volgende week die filter.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2021/07/31 at 04:16 PM.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    TSA offer extended warranties for all their vehicles,... .
    My GD6 Fortuner came standard with a 7 year unlimited mileage warranty.

I think people are knotting their knickers a bit soon about the warranty on the 300....
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post

I think people are knotting their knickers a bit soon about the warranty on the 300....
    You have to compare apples with apples... For example, the GWM P series is standard with a 5 year warranty, but a Bedfordview dealer offers a 7 year warranty. The Land Rover website states 3 year, the same as Toyota, but some offer 5 years. Extended warranties are only a cost factor on the overall deal and dealers may offer that as an incentive, where another may offer you a "trade in assist"; it's a numbers game. With an Everest I bought in 2013 I opted for the 7 year extended warranty, standard then was 5, now it is 4. Boil it down to what is offered across the board before add-ons. It is amazing that people accept low year warranties on such expensive, top brand cars. Compare other brands, and I think in this case Toyota took their eye off the ball. One should look at the whole picture, the car, its capabilities and appeal, all which are top notch here, as well as maintenance, insurance and the what-if-it-breaks. I shiver to think I have only paid 36 months off on such an expensive car and something expensive breaks. It has happened to me before, therefore I am cautious in this department. In essence I want (excluding wear and tear articles) a cost free experience from a new car for a decent number of years, except of course insurance and the like. If you have cash to burn and go that route by all means, but is that really worth it? Many years ago I supplied IT products and gave a decent warranty. As a top car brand, if I have faith in a product, I will offer a decent warranty.
    In the market

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pointer41 For This Useful Post:

I don`t want to derail this thread. Add dust water and mud and the situation changes. One of the mines around here I am working on are dumping their Mercedes trucks for Hino`s. They have endless problems with dust and mud on their electrical and electronic systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    Interresant Christo.
    Ek het laasjaar begin n Isuzu bakkie gekoop, ek was maar skepties oor die 15000km diensintervalle(ek glo nog aan 5k intervalle&#128514.

Op 10000km het ek n olie analise gedoen, oor my skeptisme.
    Die verslag was dat die olie nog piekfyn(mooi woord) en diensbaar was vir nig n goeie wyle.

Op daardie noot(of topic), maar hulle het selfs vir my gese dat dit nog die eerste olie is, hulle kon slefs die assembly grease optel……
    Ongelooflik
    Ek het die inligting oor die VW se olie monsters hier iewers op die forum gepos. My siening is as jy olie monsters gebruik as verwysing vir diens intervalle en dit dui daarop dat die olie nog vry van kontaminate is, die diens intervalle verleng kan word.

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post

I get the idea some people want the 300 to be a failure

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast