Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Aftermarket tyre pressure monitoring system

Waar kan ek hierdie battery te koop kry?

Ek verneem by "hobby shops" maar ek het geen idee waar sulke winkels op die OosRand is nie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

Try Battery Guys in Edenvale.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PRA For This Useful Post:

If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PRA For This Useful Post:

@JohanMaree

Also try Grandprix Models in Boksburg - cnr. 1st Road and First Rand Road
    Anton van Graan

2009 Touareg 3.6 VR6
    2007 VW Caddy Life TDi
    2004 VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline
    1997 Citigolf 1.3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OettingerTDi For This Useful Post:

Hi Johan,
    Yes, I have such a battery you may have for free.
    Not new, but tested 100%.
    Arrange collection/delivery via e-mail.
    Abe53.

Just some info

These guys can build/rebuild just about any non lead acid battery:

http://www.akita.co.za/
    Last edited by Dungbeetle; 2020/12/03 at 01:26 PM.
    Donít blame yourself over past mistakes. Itís like driving down the N1 while looking in the rear view mirror only.

2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) "old-timer" and wise at 857 000 km
    2014 Patrol GU 3.0CRD "teenager" in puberty at 123 000 km
    2007 Echo3 Trailer "the nest" Braked Axle fitted at +60 000 km
    2012 NP300 YD2.5 D/C 2x4 High Rider "platkar" at 125 000 km

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dungbeetle For This Useful Post:

Had the internal sensors fitted on 2020-12-03 at Supa Quick. R80 per tire to fit and balance.

Linked with the App. So far so good, picks up changes in tire pressure quite well.

I've got an iPhone so I also make use of the gateway. No complaints there. Connects automatically. Will have Swambo's installed on the CX5 hopefully next week

Name:  IMG_5749.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  33.2 KB
    Rooies, Red, Redman (Pieter)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:

I ordered 6 external units from Cawe to monitor the car and caravan and should be here soon.

I'm looking forward to testing them next week from Centurion up to Sondela.
    Anton van Graan

2009 Touareg 3.6 VR6
    2007 VW Caddy Life TDi
    2004 VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline
    1997 Citigolf 1.3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OettingerTDi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FatHuey View Post
    Good Morning,

Bought and installed external vehicle sensors x 4, trailer sensors x 4 and fridge sensor. Initially worked well until I had a flat tyre. Obviously had to remove the sensor to repair the tyre. Then that sensor would not update the app. Checked the battery and it was flat. Changed the battery and now all vehicle sensors not working!

Have been in touch with supplier and waiting for them to tell me what to do next....

Regards,
    Not sure what was wrong but all sorted out for now. Sent the sensors back for testing. No fault found. Then refitted the sensors after reinstalling the app and all working now.

Very impressed with suppliers as they have been really keen to find out why I wasnt able to sort out the issue.

Kind regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 *** 2015 Conqueror Companion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatHuey For This Useful Post:

Just a bit of a story that may help others.

I have the CAWE internal sensors installed. On my way to Berakah on Friday morning, I noticed I was losing about 0,1bar every 2-3km. Short story, two garages tried to find a leak without success, so I returned home. Took the wheel off and also tried using a hosepipe with a trickle of water, and then copious amounts of soapy water. No sign of a leak. Tyre centres all closed on New Year's Day, so had to wait until Saturday morning. TWT took wheel off, and used one of those "submersion baths". Still no luck finding the leak, so they offered to replace the inner valve. Guy comes back to me saying he finally spotted the leak around where the valve seats to the rim. Tightened the nut, and all now seems to be well.

So, if you have these sensors installed and you get a slow leak while driving (didn't appear to leak at all on short trips around town, nor overnight, only appeared to leak at around 120km/h on the highway), first check that the nut is tight - it might be that. I don't believe the sensors are at fault, more the installation of them. I'm still very happy with the CAWE system.

If I had done that first (checked the nut), I wouldn't have missed what appeared to be an awesome trip to Berekah! Hope this might help someone.
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

So my CAWE tpms just paid for itself.

Just as Swambo was about to turn onto the highway she received a warning for the left rear tire. She managed to stay of the highway and made it to the nearest filling station.

Most likely saved me a tire, but most important my wife wasn't parked next to the N1 with a flat tire in this weather.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-01-25 at 09.09.53.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  41.6 KB
    Rooies, Red, Redman (Pieter)

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with the nGauge tyre pressure sensors. I don't think they are reliable enough to be depended on. Initially, one of the supplied sensors would not work as expected but a replacement sensor sorted that issue out. One of the reasons for getting the sensors was that we were booked to go to Kgalagadi on the 1st April. Prior to the trip, the sensors worked well even after I removed them and replaced them for tyre maintenance. And, once we were en route to Kgalgadi, the sensors were communicating with the app and all the sensors (4 vehicle, 2 caravan, 1 fridge and 1 battery monitor on caravan battery) seemed to be working okay.

The first sign of trouble was that as we arrived at our overnight stop in Kimberley, the right rear sensor alarmed. I checked the tyre and the tyre was fine. I removed the sensor and replaced it only to find that now it was not communicating with the app at all. As it was late, I thought I would leave it and sort it out when we got to Twee Revieren. Of course, at Twee Revieren, I had to remove them anyway to deflate my tyres, and after replacing them, all the tyre sensors except the front 2 vehicle tyres stopped communicating. I then changed batteries on the rear vehicle sensors but this did not help. I then reset the app and rescanned the codes for the sensors but still no luck. The sensors would not work. There was no way to sort this out so we continued with only the front 2 sensors apparently working as well as the fridge and the battery sensor.

Then on our second last day, we thought we had a leaking rear tyre so I moved the 2 functioning sensors from the front to the rear of the vehicle. The sensor on the suspect tyre kept alarming even though when I checked the pressure with a gauge, the pressure were fine. And, as we were driving from Nossob to Twee Revieren that day, it meant stopping unnecessarily and getting out of the vehicle in the wilderness areas on multiple occasions to check the tyre when the tyre was actually fine. The sensor was alarming incorrectly. Once I realised the sensor was faulty, I switched the app off for the rest of my journey home.

When I got home, I emailed the supplier to ask them to take their sensors back but I got a reply asking me to send the sensors back if I wanted a refund. After all the hassle I had with their product, I would have expected them to arrange a courier and sort out the refund asap. So poor customer service to boot, in my opinion. You have been warned.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatHuey For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with the nGauge tyre pressure sensors.
    You have been warned.
    Ooops - I too have just bought six TPM sensors, two voltage monitors and a gateway.
    On a recent trip all seem to work OK and still seem to be alright - holding thumbs.
    One cap/marker of one of the tyre sensors has dislodged and is gone though.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PRA For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with the nGauge tyre pressure sensors.
    Eish... actually quite sad about this.

I had planned on getting the internal sensors for my bakkie, with externals for my van. Now I don't know what to do... really liked the fact that it linked to your phone, rather then having a separate display.
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

Quote Originally Posted by BobMabena View Post
    Eish... actually quite sad about this.
    Also a bit sad myself that it didn't work out. I also liked the concept of using an app and extending the sensors to more than just tyres.

So sorry to hear you guys have problems with the Ngauge from Cawe, myself and a friend have purchased 6 internal sensors each for vehicle and caravan as well as two fridge sensors each and 4 external sensors for spare tyres and we have fitted them 2 months ago and all working 100 percent. Just done a 17 day trip to the Kgalagadi no issues, the fact they work on your phone is so cool and the are super easy to add/remove and set its just a game changer- compared to my last system that had a thick manual I had to read every time i wanted to do any changes.
    Contact CAWE, my dealings with them have been nothing but friendly and helpful. Hope you come right.
    Last edited by tango; 2021/05/19 at 09:54 AM.
    NEVER ASSUME !!!
    Born to Conquer, Prepared for Battle, Equipped for Victory!

VW Amarok 4 Motion
    Bush lapa 618 sold
    Bush Lapa 2401 - Dungie

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tango For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    So sorry to hear you guys have problems with the Ngauge from Cawe, myself and a friend have purchased 6 internal sensors each for vehicle and caravan as well as two fridge sensors each and 4 external sensors for spare tyres and we have fitted them 2 months ago and all working 100 percent. Just done a 17 day trip to the Kgalagadi no issues, the fact they work on your phone is so cool and the are super easy to add/remove and set its just a game changer- compared to my last system that had a thick manual I had to read every time i wanted to do any changes.
    give Karl a call he will surely sort you out. Hope you come right.
    I also liked the idea of a phone app and simple installation. That is why I purchased my set last September. I did contact them initially when one of vehicle sensors wouldn't work after I couldn't get it to work. After I asked for a replacement, I was told that if I gave them 20 minutes on my phone over Teamviewer, they would sort it out. 20 minutes later no luck after we went through all the settings I had already checked. Then they agreed to send me a replacement sensor. Then for a while the sensors behaved themselves until we got to Kgalagadi.

I don't know what the issue is because I changed batteries, reset the app, rescanned the QR codes but no luck. They want me to arrange courier back to them but I refuse to spend any more time or effort on these sensors that did not work when I needed them to work. If they did arrange for a courier to fetch them, maybe they could work out what happened. But now we wont know. In the end I had them for less than 1 year and during that time, they were not reliable enough, in my opinion, to rely on. not worth relying on at all.

I have also had issues. First the yellow marker caps fell off 2 of the 10 that I purchase.

The 1 keeps telling me that the maximum parameter has been reached and sets off the alarm. We ave checked all settings but still it is unresolved.
    2016 V8 D/Cab Cruiser
    Land Cruiser VDJ 71
    2020 LC 200 GXR
    2020 LC FJ

Based on what I'm seeing, it seems a bit "hit and miss", BUT I think that the fact that CAWE are local, for me, helps matters... when I replace my tyres, I'll be buying a combination of internal and external sensors for bakkie and van.
    Holding thumbs
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

So I opted for a loose monitor on my dash. I definitely did not want another damn app on the phone... After I burst a tyre at 150km/h I want to see them when I look up...
    As I'm running two spares I opted for the 6 sensor model with internal sensors. Works a charm, no removing the sensors when I want to deflate etc...
    Also once you have the sensors fitted, spares inflated and registered on the monitor, it will not bother you or set off alarms when you leave the one wheel in the garage.
    If you switch a spare you can easily just tell the monitor which wheel you moved where...

Will upload a youtube video soon about the fitment of the tpms...

6 Wheel TPMS with internal sensor battery replaceable (4x4direct.co.za)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillemT For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4