Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MediaRelease: Volkswagen’s Amarok Double Cab bakkie gets a power boost

In celebration of a decade in South Africa, Volkswagen has launched the most powerful derivative of the Amarok

Johannesburg – In the last quarter of 2020, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will be introducing its most powerful bakkie yet, the Amarok Double Cab with 190kW of power.

The Amarok range which was launched in South Africa in 2010, has sold almost 35 000 units (single and double cab) in the local market. The Amarok Double Cab was Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ best-selling derivative last year with 2 596 vehicles sold. As of November 2020, the Amarok model range in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana will consist of the following engines; the 2.0 TDI 103kW, 2.0 BiTDI 132kW and the 3.0 TDI V6 190kW.

The biggest development with this addition to the Amarok range is under the bonnet. The most powerful Amarok distinguishes itself from the rest of the range through the new 3.0-litre V6 190kW TDI engine, which has 25kW more power as well as 30Nm more torque than the outgoing 165kW derivative.

The Amarok 3.0-litre V6 TDI generates 190kW from 3 000 to 4 500 rpm and 580 Newton metres of torque from 1 400 to 2 750 rpm which is channelled through its standard eight-speed automatic gearbox. The Amarok with the V6 engine completes the zero to 100 km/h sprint in just 7.6seconds and has a top speed of 207 km/h. It has an average fuel consumption of 9.5 litres per 100 kilometres.

With an over boost function that powers the Amarok to a maximum power output of 200kW for 10 seconds, it is also one of the most powerful bakkies on sale in South Africa at the moment.

The Amarok 3.0-litre V6 190kW TDI 4MOTION® will be available in the following model lines: Highline and the top-of-the-range Extreme. It is available in the following exterior paint finishes; Candy White, Mojave Beige, Indium Grey metallic and Deep Black Pearl Effect.

In the Highline model line, a host of features come standard such as the Vienna leather seats, winter package (seat heating), increased GVM from 2.8t to 3.0t (including heavy duty leaf springs), Bi-Xenon headlights, font and rear Park Distance Control with rear-view camera, climatronic air-conditioning as well as the 18-inch Manaus alloy wheels. Optional features on the Highline are the Discover Pro Media system which includes satellite navigation, rubber floor covering and 19-inch Milford alloy wheels.

In addition to the standard features on the Highline, which are also available on the Extreme, the top-of-the-range model is further customised through the addition of ‘Special Edition’ Nappa leather seats, Discover Pro Media system which includes satellite navigation and 20-inch Talca alloy wheels which also come standard. The optional features on the Extreme are the Increased GVM from 2.8t to 3.0t (including heavy duty leaf springs), rubber floor covering,
    19-inch Milford alloy wheels and a sports bar painted in body colour.

Recommended Retail Price (VAT and emissions tax included)

Amarok Double Cab 3.0 V6 190kW Highline R908 300
    Amarok Double Cab 3.0 V6 190kW Extreme R974 600

The Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Amarok comes standard with a 3-year/100 000km manufacturer warranty, 5-year/90 000 km Genuine Easy Drive Service Plan and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. The service interval is 15 000km.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: MediaRelease: Volkswagen’s Amarok Double Cab bakkie gets a power boost

Sjoe, wish I had 900K+, out of reach for my pocket.
    Last edited by HannesS; 2020/09/09 at 12:31 PM.

Default Re: MediaRelease: Volkswagen’s Amarok Double Cab bakkie gets a power boost

I know cars are getting more expensive every year, but paying over R900k for any d/cab is just wrong.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Amarok for R500k, people were shocked that d/cabs were that expensive. Now it seems like bargain......

Having said that, I would definitely not mind having all that power under foot.

Its a pity they don't have a suv based version of this instead of carrying on with the new touareg.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MediaReleases View Post
    Amarok Double Cab 3.0 V6 190kW Extreme R974 600.
    This is Touareg money.

I feel like R300K of what you pay is simply going towards keeping the VCV factory that makes this platform alive.

But I'm willing to bet that even if they do switch to sharing the Ford Ranger platform and decrease production costs,
    they will STILL charge R1m for a V6 and it will be an X-Class/Navara scenario all over again.
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.6 Sahara
    2008 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Base
    2004 VW Touareg R5 TDi Air Rear Locker - Facelifted - SOLD

It's Either You Get Your Hands Dirty Or Let Your Hard Earned Money Get Dirty Instead #4x4community

Gees, they getting expensive now!

Just checked Autotrader, seems with my model and mileage I've lost about 15% off the purchase price in 2 1/2 years. Not bad at all I think!
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

In my mind if you put the new 190kw and an old 165kw version on the same dyno back to back the power will be the same. Its more a marketing thing I think
    Darryn Van Rooyen
    2014 D/C Amarok 4Motion H/L Auto - 76mm Decat Downpipe and Revo Stage 1 Tune
    Current: 1987 Citi Sport 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    In my mind if you put the new 190kw and an old 165kw version on the same dyno back to back the power will be the same. Its more a marketing thing I think
    165kw was the same output as the original T1 V6 Tdi touareg BKS/casa engine code

190kw is the same out put as the current new touareg V6 tdi engine

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    That does not make sense.....
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Let's hope they upgraded the cooling to go with all that extra power
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

That is only the vat you lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooba View Post
    Gees, they getting expensive now!

Just checked Autotrader, seems with my model and mileage I've lost about 15% off the purchase price in 2 1/2 years. Not bad at all I think!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaReleases View Post
    In celebration of a decade in South Africa, Volkswagen has launched the most powerful derivative of the Amarok

Johannesburg – In the last quarter of 2020, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will be introducing its most powerful bakkie yet, the Amarok Double Cab with 190kW of power.

The Amarok range which was launched in South Africa in 2010, has sold almost 35 000 units (single and double cab) in the local market. The Amarok Double Cab was Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ best-selling derivative last year with 2 596 vehicles sold. As of November 2020, the Amarok model range in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana will consist of the following engines; the 2.0 TDI 103kW, 2.0 BiTDI 132kW and the 3.0 TDI V6 190kW.

The biggest development with this addition to the Amarok range is under the bonnet. The most powerful Amarok distinguishes itself from the rest of the range through the new 3.0-litre V6 190kW TDI engine, which has 25kW more power as well as 30Nm more torque than the outgoing 165kW derivative.

The Amarok 3.0-litre V6 TDI generates 190kW from 3 000 to 4 500 rpm and 580 Newton metres of torque from 1 400 to 2 750 rpm which is channelled through its standard eight-speed automatic gearbox. The Amarok with the V6 engine completes the zero to 100 km/h sprint in just 7.6seconds and has a top speed of 207 km/h. It has an average fuel consumption of 9.5 litres per 100 kilometres.

With an over boost function that powers the Amarok to a maximum power output of 200kW for 10 seconds, it is also one of the most powerful bakkies on sale in South Africa at the moment.

The Amarok 3.0-litre V6 190kW TDI 4MOTION will be available in the following model lines: Highline and the top-of-the-range Extreme. It is available in the following exterior paint finishes; Candy White, Mojave Beige, Indium Grey metallic and Deep Black Pearl Effect.

In the Highline model line, a host of features come standard such as the Vienna leather seats, winter package (seat heating), increased GVM from 2.8t to 3.0t (including heavy duty leaf springs), Bi-Xenon headlights, font and rear Park Distance Control with rear-view camera, climatronic air-conditioning as well as the 18-inch Manaus alloy wheels. Optional features on the Highline are the Discover Pro Media system which includes satellite navigation, rubber floor covering and 19-inch Milford alloy wheels.

In addition to the standard features on the Highline, which are also available on the Extreme, the top-of-the-range model is further customised through the addition of ‘Special Edition’ Nappa leather seats, Discover Pro Media system which includes satellite navigation and 20-inch Talca alloy wheels which also come standard. The optional features on the Extreme are the Increased GVM from 2.8t to 3.0t (including heavy duty leaf springs), rubber floor covering,
    19-inch Milford alloy wheels and a sports bar painted in body colour.

Recommended Retail Price (VAT and emissions tax included)

Amarok Double Cab 3.0 V6 190kW Highline R908 300
    Amarok Double Cab 3.0 V6 190kW Extreme R974 600

The Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Amarok comes standard with a 3-year/100 000km manufacturer warranty, 5-year/90 000 km Genuine Easy Drive Service Plan and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. The service interval is 15 000km.
    To believe Toyota sells 35000 units of the hilux in a 10 months.
    #teamhilux
    Matthew T Mutepfa
    ”don’t be too serious about it’s just life after all”

Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    I know cars are getting more expensive every year, but paying over R900k for any d/cab is just wrong.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Amarok for R500k, people were shocked that d/cabs were that expensive. Now it seems like bargain......

Having said that, I would definitely not mind having all that power under foot.
    Well that was a rip off why didn't you just buy a hilux or wildtrak. 6 year old car compared to a year old
    Matthew T Mutepfa

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewMutepfa View Post
    Well that was a rip off why didn't you just buy a hilux or wildtrak. 6 year old car compared to a year old
    Because I like to get modern day equipment for modern day prices. Not ten year old tech that Toyota disguises as new cars.

Anyway, trolling much?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

Chop!
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Because I like to get modern day equipment for modern day prices. Not ten year old tech that Toyota disguises as new cars.

Anyway, trolling much?

I think you guys both misunderstood eachother.

Mathew, the 2014 Amarok was purchased for R500k in 2014. clubbie never bought a 6 year old Amarok for R500k.
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ooba For This Useful Post:

Mathew, the 2014 Amarok was purchased for R500k in 2014. clubbie never bought a 6 year old Amarok for R500k.
    That is why I called Matthew a chop! At least he thanked me..😁

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Hi Rollers,
    I am considering trading up my 2015 Bitdi for a 2018 V6.
    What is my Rok worth, approx, 2015, 4Mot bitdi auto. 159k km. Lots extras, all bars including roof racks. Good condition. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200912_160915.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	588377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200912_160935.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	588378

Ohhhhhhh I understand that makes so much sense I guess it was okay back then considering that bakkies are about to cross the 800k mark when new models arrive.
    Sorry to anyone who thought I was trolling I was genuinely concerned on how that purchase happened
    Matthew T Mutepfa

Ohhhhhhh I understand that makes so much sense I guess it was okay back then considering that bakkies are about to cross the 800k mark when new models arrive.
    Sorry to anyone who thought I was trolling I was genuinely concerned on how that purchase happened
    Haha, all good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast