Lithium vs Lead Acid - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Default Re: Lithium vs Lead Acid

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Yoh, that's above my pay grade as a padmaaker!
    Me, being a Win10 supporter, even I got that to work as it all is Linux based!

And as I cannot get it to work 1-time, Louis investigates and updates his instructions to make it easier ... so there is that too.

But, that is to interface the BMS with Victron (soon more inverters), so once the gogga has bitten you, and you want to interface ... you learn very quickly how easy it actually is.
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the_terrible_triplett For This Useful Post:

As a matter of interest what 220v chargers are you using for your lithium batteries, the ones I can find that are suitable are 5amp. Seems rather light in power.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

As a matter of interest what 220v chargers are you using for your lithium batteries, the ones I can find that are suitable are 5amp. Seems rather light in power.
    If the question is directed at me, I don't have any chargers bar the Victron inverters, using solar power.

I've never looked for a lithium battery charger, for when I looked for lead acid charger years ago, they where very expensive, the ones with big amp capability.
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    If the question is directed at me, I don't have any chargers bar the Victron inverters, using solar power.

I've never looked for a lithium battery charger, for when I looked for lead acid charger years ago, they where very expensive, the ones with big amp capability.
    It was a general question but thanks for replying nonetheless, I am thinking of a Victron IP65 10amp which should be enough for a typical overlanding cycle for just under R2.5k

7. The Following User Says Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanJ View Post
    This was a rock band!

If you mean Lithiumbatteriessa.co.za (Bain), then no, he sells rebranded Daly BMS's........
    Rock band indeed, sorry, my bad made in the haste to assist you.

You did not specify that re-branded BMS's are not acceptable?

It was a general question but thanks for replying nonetheless, I am thinking of a Victron IP65 10amp which should be enough for a typical overlanding cycle for just under R2.5k
    I bought the 15 amp one (Victron IP65) fron AME Power Solutions for about R2250, end last year. Montana Park 012 5477715. Had to replace my 7 amp CTek
    Last edited by hatjohan; 2021/02/22 at 03:56 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13