Default Mecer 24v inverter

A friend of mine bought himself the mecer 24v inverter I think it is the 1440 not sure.
    The thing is the fan on the inverter runs constantly does not stop is that correct.
    My 12v 720w mecer's fan does not run constantly.

Default Re: Mecer 24v inverter

The fan should stop when it is on mains and once the batteries are fully charged. It may take a while.

Select the 20A charging option.
    Kobus

shouldnt run constantly no.
    mine does run for a couple hours after a load shedding stint charging up again, but not constantly
    Graham Robertson
    Nissan Patrol 4.8

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    shouldnt run constantly no.
    mine does run for a couple hours after a load shedding stint charging up again, but not constantly
    Same here.
    Triton 3.2 A/T D/Cab 4x4 (EGR blanked, Remapped, 63mm zorst)
    BL Vlooi 295
    Platkar - Rav4
    Previously: Isuzu "LUV", Disco D1 TDi, KZ-TE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    A bad day in the bush is better than a good day at the office

Could be that the batteries is down and does not reach the setpoint for charging?

2007 Nissan Navara 4L Auto - Worshond

Quote Originally Posted by dust-devil View Post
    Same here.
    I have exactly the same unit. Sounds like he has faulty batteries and therefore can never got to the "Fully Charged" status in order for it to turn off.

Once the batteries are fully recharged, the unit will stop charging the batterries and the fan will stop running. Make sure, now that the loadshedding is with us that the switch us set to 20 Amp for charging. He may have it set to 10 amp (I set mine to that if there is no load shedding).

Charging at 10 amp i.s.o. 20 amp at the moment, he may find that it is not fully charging the batteries between loadshedding instances.
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2020/09/07 at 02:44 PM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired 2013 but remained in Jhb area for now, maybe will look at moving WC way, Robertson or Wellington type of town, once the wife retires.
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (with front Lokka) - My Platkar...
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL with front Lokka (Use it mainly for Safari business)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (with 160 H/Moon Stargazer RTT and 100 lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari 2.8 Station wagon with 5 speed conversion,
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle).
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Google's search algorithm really promotes this post well. Let me revive it and this is my fist contribution to 4x4 community, please go easy! I have found that the problem persists in a number of "brands" of inverters. All my respect to the manufacturing capabilities and prices of Chinese goods however, when there is a mistake on one it is copied to 1000s of others. I do not claim this will be the fix to all, there are too many - but use it and the STEVAL-ISV001V1(#1): 1000W 230VAC Inverter, 24Vin reference design. For someone that knows the basics of electronic repair to diagnose the problem, you don't need much more than a multi meter and good solder, de-solder tools and some common components. Most of these inverters are EGS002 and EG7500 based and convert DC-DC-AC, there is enough information available via Google and eBay on the driver boards to quickly figure out the internals of the inverter.

Good luck, don't electrocute yourself and never buy anything from dodgy websites.

Name:  PNP+Fix.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  52.0 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RSABear For This Useful Post:

I have a Mecer UPS for my fibre and WiFi routers and I realised that the fan starts running at random times in the day. I recently noticed that it only happens when Eskom gives me low voltage (under 210V) and the unit increases the output to 230V. That generates enough heat to make the fans kick in
    Last edited by naudmeister; 2021/04/15 at 08:58 PM.