ASPW's latest build in Oz

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default ASPW's latest build in Oz

This came through on Friday. Reading the comments from the Aussies is the best part...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RV4v_9HGU
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 *** 2015 Conqueror Companion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: ASPW's latest build in Oz

I've been a fan of ASPW's videos for a long time, I know he's not very popular on this forum.
    I liked his Africa trips much more though, there's just something about the Aussie trips which doesn't do it for me. I can still rewatch some of his old Africa trips and actually can't wait for him to do another with his 100 Cruiser which he built over here.

I don't like where he took this latest 79 build, I also believe it's much too heavy, when he started out he went on and on about weight, how light he will make it and with the chassis extension I thought something wow is coming, but I don't like it at all. I would much rather tow a trailer, something he is totally against, than to have that heavy camper on the back.
    I liked his Troopy much more.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

I also enjoy his trips and builds.

been a YT subscriber to his channel for some time now..

Would love for him to get hold of the new defender and test it proply

"Don't have to worry about crocodiles"

Ja nee. Ozzie crocs are fresh and salt water versions and the Pilbara is right on the edge of their known domain.

I wouldn't assume nuffing.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

one thing I like watching on his channel is product reviews - real life use review. Same with Ronnie Dahl, who also purchases most of his stuff himself and tests it and then says it is rubbish or darn good.

If you also watched ASPW's last couple of videos about the build. He made use of an south african manufactured item and was not overly excited about it and said how it could be improved. Next video he spoke on how he was threatened with a lawsuit if he says anything bad about the product again. I would reach out to such a person and say let chat about your idea etc. By going the route they did, the video was watched by thousands and he removed it from his system and replaced it with one where the supplier probably is willing to listen and work with him on improving it.

How many other people would also now not consider the product because of this attitude towards a customer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwayne P For This Useful Post:

ASPW is persona non grata on this here forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne P View Post
    I also enjoy his trips and builds.

been a YT subscriber to his channel for some time now..

Would love for him to get hold of the new defender and test it proply

Nah I'm already over the new Defender, he won't say something which hasn't already been said by someone else. It will simply be a long rant, something he got quite good with over the last year or 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always agree with him and sometimes he can get annoying, but I still like watching him. Probably the best was a year or so back when he did that long clearly promotional video at a 4x4 show on lead crystal batteries, just how amazing they are, going on and on, comparing them to deep cycle but not a word about lithium. If I recall he also got ripped apart in the comments on that video, because by that time a lot of people started using lithium, it was the talk of the town, but here he was going on about lead crystal like it was the best thing since sliced bread hot on the market. Then shortly after he started using lithium, all of a sudden it was amazing and the best thing ever. His excuse, back when he did the lead crystal video he didn't know enough about lithium, he didn't have enough info on it, but now suddenly it was amazing before he actually used lithium, before he had any experience with it.

one thing I like watching on his channel is product reviews - real life use review. Same with Ronnie Dahl, who also purchases most of his stuff himself and tests it and then says it is rubbish or darn good.

If you also watched ASPW's last couple of videos about the build. He made use of an south african manufactured item and was not overly excited about it and said how it could be improved. Next video he spoke on how he was threatened with a lawsuit if he says anything bad about the product again. I would reach out to such a person and say let chat about your idea etc. By going the route they did, the video was watched by thousands and he removed it from his system and replaced it with one where the supplier probably is willing to listen and work with him on improving it.

How many other people would also now not consider the product because of this attitude towards a customer.

I actually forgot about that, I still meant to go back to figure out who that manufacturer was, a attitude like that really stinks, some manufacturers simply don't quite realize yet how much social media and platforms like YT matters, how much influencers really influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaira View Post
    ASPW is persona non grata on this here forum.

My opinion has always been that many of those on here who don't like him, who talk out against him are closet fans of his channel.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    I actually forgot about that, I still meant to go back to figure out who that manufacturer was, a attitude like that really stinks, some manufacturers simply don't quite realize yet how much social media and platforms like YT matters, how much influencers really influence.
    Agree. I have looked at some of his older to try and find it... Me thinks he was forced to remove it.
    Same happened recently to YTuber BisforBuild. he was doing a replica of eleanor mustang built on 2015 base. Far into the build panels on and almost at stage of weld and primer of new panels he got notified that the phrase eleanor and mustang was trademarked by the movie gone in 60 seconds and had to remove all yt posts about the build and got it confiscated or other option was lawsuit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwayne P For This Useful Post:

My opinion has always been that many of those on here who don't like him, who talk out against him are closet fans of his channel.
    nee wat

He's a knob, and I'd much rather watch Shaun and Graham.
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

I've been a fan of ASPW's videos for a long time, I know he's not very popular on this forum.
    I liked his Africa trips much more though, there's just something about the Aussie trips which doesn't do it for me. I can still rewatch some of his old Africa trips and actually can't wait for him to do another with his 100 Cruiser which he built over here.
    I'm pleased I'm not the only one! Perhaps its the fact that he is still finding his feet in Oz, its hard enough to plan a trip in a new country let alone film the whole thing but unfortunately I get the feeling that Oz is a lot of the same?

I also think that the lack of game must also reduce the appeal somewhat?

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    nee wat

He's a knob, and I'd much rather watch Shaun and Graham.
    they have become a bit too sponsored lately. I still enjoy it very much though, I just hope they don't become like the SA crowd met al die verklein woordjies - Safari

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dwayne P For This Useful Post:

I'm surprised and impressed with ASPW. That such a blunderer (I had his 2000 odd "GPS" maps) with an irritating delivery can do very well out of "4x4" videos shows his persistence at least. I find his manner and delivery irritating but content interesting. I rate Ronnie Dahl higher.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mudgrubber For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Pint View Post
    I'm pleased I'm not the only one! Perhaps its the fact that he is still finding his feet in Oz, its hard enough to plan a trip in a new country let alone film the whole thing but unfortunately I get the feeling that Oz is a lot of the same?

I also think that the lack of game must also reduce the appeal somewhat?

Ja I can't quite put my finger on it, but I also get the idea that Aus is much of the same and being much of the same he must work much harder to keep it interesting, to create fresh content, to keep the viewer interested. A example of this is his second big vehicle build within 3 or so years, no trip will generate this much interest, let's do another build. He must be careful though, constant new builds can also get old, eventually he will spend more time on building than on trips.

In the beginning of lock down I watched his series on finding the source of the Okavango again, series like those were some of his best in my opinion and there's no way he'll be able to replicate that in Aus.

Personally yes sure I want to see Aus one day should I get the opportunity, but I'll much rather spend my time and money in Africa.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2020/09/07 at 02:08 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

ASPW ..... Pajero

Nuff said.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

they have become a bit too sponsored lately. I still enjoy it very much though, I just hope they don't become like the SA crowd met al die verklein woordjies - Safari
    Verkleinwoordjies en dan "alvorens". Alvorens word elke 3de minuut gebruik.
    Cheers
    MANDREAS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Sponsorship means better trips. They also abuse the products supplied. And the best thing is that you never need to hear ASPW waffle for 80% of the video.
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

they have become a bit too sponsored lately.
    Agreed 100%!
    I used to love their shows, I couldnt get enough of them, but, these days I actually struggle to get through a whole show, its just plugging ontop of plugging, and, as I mentioned in another thread, I was initially ok with that as I thought they were backing brands they really believed in, then I see the other day theyre going on and on about a completely different seat cover company to the one they used to 'love'.
    Graham Robertson
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan Patrol 4.2td

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    ASPW ..... Pajero

Nuff said.
    Still smarting over that one are you?
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast