Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Isuzu stamp my dood.

Bande is fabrieks wranglers.

Dit is die volledige specs. ALS standaard.

Dankie, Ja ek ry n halwe kajuit of wat ookal ma een van die oues, op sleg grondpad ry ek 1.6 dan ry hy lekker sag.

Die snaakse ding is my pa ry 2017 met 18" duime ma dubbel kajuit en hy ry baie gemaklik op 1.8.

Ek hoop jy kom reg, stuur groete.
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Olyfboer View Post
    Verstaan nie wat jy probeer seg nie. Stootskraper is mos so 'n ding, of hoe?

Attachment 586966
    Kyk daai ding is nog splinter nuut, hier naby Klerksdorp sukkel ons om so 'n ding op die grondpad te sien. Ek dink al die geld is gesteel nog voordat daai ding kan begin werk.
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

My 2017 KB300D/C 4x4 is hard on the dirt roads. I have tyres at 2.1 because I do mostly tar with about 10% gravel. I have developed a habit of tackling the gravel at slightly higher speed to load the suspension and make it more comfy. Switching to 4x4 makes control much better too.
    My previous 2014 KB300D/D 4x2 was even worse and the rear end stepped out for no reason, even with a canopy on it.
    However, my previous to that 2007 KB300S/C was a dream on the dirt roads. It was so comfortable on even bad corrugations.

On my 2017 at the moment I have a Rhinolite canopy on at approx 60kg and a 50kg drawer system in and it feels supple on the rear but the front is still harsh. On a recent Richtersveld trip I dropped the tyres to 1.4bar.
    But I don't feel comfortable driving a bakkie on less than 1.8 regularly as this will wear the edges of the tyres unevenly to the center.

I've had Isuzu's since 1997. Single cab.
    Then a furd clubcab (Disaster) (I now even spell the name wrong when talking about that vehicle). Went back to Isuzu.
    My current Isuzu is an extended-cab 4x4 2008 (Can fit the 40l Engel deep-freeze behind the driver's seat).
    I have travelled all-over: Lesotho (many times), Luanda, Tanzania and all points lower.
    I have also only driven on Firestone ATX's and had raised the clearance (F&R). The more rubber between me and the road, the better (logical).
    The biggest change I made was Monroe shocks about 3 years ago.
    I think you will get better ride from changing tyres and shocks.
    Last edited by Mick; 2020/09/09 at 09:02 AM.
    Life starts
    where the comfort-zone ends.

Mapog, die nuwe's het 'n onaanvaarbare rit. Ek stem saam. Dit is die hoofrede dat ek nie in een belang stel nie en my 2008 dteq sal ry todat die wiele af val. Mens kan ook nie elke keer as mens wil vrag dra wiele wil pomp nie. Goedkoopste opsie sal dalk 'n stel Rancho verstelbare shocks wees (alhoewel dit belaglik is dat mens moet ander shocks op 'n nuwe plaasbakkie sit)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frikkie5000 For This Useful Post:

Yes chaps I agree 100% about the hard ride of these newer Isuzu's, Im also a farmer in the eastern cape, I roads are totally buggered, corrugated and rocks coming out the rd, I miss my 2012 bakkie with its torsion bar front suspension, so I guess changing the shocks sounds like the only option, but as it was mention , its ridiculous to have to change my shocks on a new bakkie, otherwise I love the bakkie, drives very nicely in the veld , good ground clearance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3