Default Montana Park PTA

So after about 12 years of renting in complexes in Pretoria East, and feeling pretty safe, with no robberies (just 1 attempt which failed), we have decided to buy a free standing house in Montana Park.

We know a few people who have lived there for years, and never had any issues with break ins or crime. But wanting to feel a bit safer, we investigated armed response companies as well as the comunity sector policing teams.

Both of them paint a very different picture, makingnit out like we are about to move into a warzone where you fight for your life everyday.

I want to find out if we have members on here who stay in Montana Park and what has your experiences been like.

We are moving into a duet, with the only entry point being the gates through the driveway. All walls have electric fencing and neighbors sound like they have massive dogs.

Will likely add some beams, like RoboGuard, and also getting armed response.

But it would be nice hearing from others who live or have lived there in the past.
    2006 Land Rover Discovery V8 SE (Sold to DD, then bought it back again) Boomerang
    2018 Ford Ramger D/C 2.2 TDCI 4x2 XL Auto (Company car)
    2014 Ford Ranger D/C 2.2 TDCI 4x2 (Company Car) Retired
    2013 VW Polo 1.6 (swambo) SOLD

Default Re: Montana Park PTA

Stay in Besembessie close to the highway, above Oppiestoep. No hassles in that area. Although at the bottom next to the highway people do moan about robbies.

Where in Montana are you locating to? Get a house doggy and a dog outside and they will pass your house rather than drawing att with barkin dogs. And the people in the area are always on alert. There is a group that you can join aswell.

I hope I will also be able to learn something from your thread, just bought a house in Doornpoort, moving in rnd of the month. From all the research we did before hand, it is really not that bad. Old Doornpoort below the airport gets a bit rough, and Montana Park area behind Builders, toward the highway also a bit more hogh risk
    Nissan Hardbody 3.3v6
    Nissan Pathfinder 2.5dci Manual (Wife's)
    1966 Datsun Bluebird
    Wildebeest Kalfie

My parents stay in Montana Park fot 20 years now, above Builders towards the N1, had one break-in couple of years back after they had the driveway painted, none of the neighbors had any issues the last 20 years, my parents take a walk dayly without issue or feeling scared. Nice quiet neighborhood, well looked after houses and engaging and caring neighbors.
    Last edited by neoT; 2020/08/15 at 09:17 PM.
    Neil

Thanks for moving the thread Mods.

Thank you for the feedback so far, seems more re-assuring. Will get better info from the neighbours once we move in.

Its in Dabchick str, so about half way between Builders and the Kolonnade, up against the mountain.

When i lived with my parents we stayed in Doornpoort, close to the small Spar/Engen centre. No issues that time, but that is about 13 odd yeara ago.
    2006 Land Rover Discovery V8 SE (Sold to DD, then bought it back again) Boomerang

We stay in Montana Park, for 5 years now, also in Besembiesie Str above the Kollonade.

Moving from Centurion, where I stayed for more than 10 years since moving from KZN, I also had my doubts. Now, I do not see myself moving anywhere else. There are the occasional house robberies as mentioned, but in no way more than any other area. The area closer to the highway will for obvious reasons be more of a risk as the escape to the highway is closer, but I have never had the feeling that the area is more unsafe or even close to being a war zone.

Also to note the amount of people you see early mornings and late afternoons in the street walking about with their children, should also give a bit of comfort.
    Life's a journey..................even longer by foot

2018 Ford Everest 3.2 XLT
    2006 Mazda Drifter X 2500 Td D/C (Ossie) - Sold
    1993 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 Sportline (VERY plat kar) - Sold

That is a beautiful area, against the mountain. I drove through there the other day.

I think all suburbs go through a spike of crime every other year. We in Moreletapark in the east currently having our spike. But a good CPF and private security company does make a big difference.

We stay in Montana Park since 2005, had only 1 burglary since then. This is 1 block above builders. There are more burglaries here in Strand (past 2 years that we are here) than all the time in Montana Park. You won't be sorry.
    I might be a FOOL, but I am an OLD fool - from unknown.

I live just on the other side of the mountain. Quiet area, very little trouble. Security company installed cameras on basically every corner.

Thanks everyone.

The few times we have been in that area looking at houses, it did seem like a safe and quiet area.

Going to thr new place tomorrow to clean and paint before the move. Also having some security companies come by to quote on beams and stuff.

We would like some early warnimg if anyone is in the yard, and at least have someone to contact for some peace of mind.