Newby to the offroad world

Default Newby to the offroad world

HI Guys

I thought its about time I introduce myself.
    I've been lurking on this forum on and off for years and now finally signed up.

I've been heavily involved in the Aircooled VW Scene in SA building high power engines for people all over the country.
    But I've finally made the effort to begin going offroad and overlanding with the family, hopefully as something we can do together.

I bought a 93 Isuzu Trooper just over a year ago that was (still is) in fantastic condition. I absolutely love this truck and plan on many miles in her.

Other than general servicing and a full range of oil changes, I've also lifted the rear 35mm by making my own coil spring spacers to fit on top of the OME 919's and fitted 235/85/16 BFG KO2's

Here is hoping that I can get involved in some outings around the CPT area and further in the near future

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony Z For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Newby to the offroad world

Looks like Somerset West way Tony?
    They have a somewhat cult following those Troopers from what I understand. Enjoy!

That was out in Paarl area, doing a basic course. It was my wife driving in that photo.

I got the Trooper because of its good reputation and it was also at a good price. The engine and suspension is nearly bullet proof from what I've come to understand.
    I suspect that an equivalent Land Cruiser or similar would have cost me 3 times as much

Who was the course with Tony?

I also looked into them, but could not find a clean one available here in the Cape Town area.
    Many happy miles to you!

It was with Craig at http://offroad4x4.co.za/default.php
    I was happy with the course. I'm a petrol head who plays with cars for fun and I didnt feel like I wasted my time. So thats gotta mean something at least