Berg River Dam Trails

Default Berg River Dam Trails

Hi everyone, I was in the area on the weekend and took a short drive up one of the roads.
    I am curious if anyone else has explored these routes? Surely by now some of our local 4WD clubs have ventured out here?
    There is no signage or gates and the roads lead up to the mountain top. The views are incredible!
    Attachment 584049

Attachment 584050

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rkc7xrVSeW7rQ5FXA
    Last edited by xdoomx; 2020/08/13 at 08:39 PM.
    - Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2014 (Cooper Discover P285/70/17 // Mickey Thompson Sidewinder II's // Teraflex 2" levelling kit // Renegade front/rear steel bumpers)
    - (SOLD 2017/03) Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 XLE 4x2 Manual 2005 (Falken Landair 31/10.5/15)

Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doomrider

Default Re: Berg River Dam Trails

Not wanting to be a spoil sport, but those tracks look like an accident in the making. The erosion looks bad already, not sure what the effect of 4x4's will be. It will have to be managed better I think. Especially with the lack of vegetation after the fires.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

That road looks like the one that leads up to the Sentech and cellphone masts on top.
    If it is the same, I know it very well, having worked for Sentech until last year.
    It used to be a forestry road, reasonably well maintained, until all forestry was stopped on that mountain, well, more of a hill
    AFAIK it falls under the municipality now, so no more road maintenance.
    Gates infrequently gets put up, just so that the locals can steal them again.
    Certain sections are strictly one way, no hope passing another vehicle coming the opposite way, so one of you is in for a butt clenching reverse......
    By the time I retired it was a strictly daytime visit site for us, not sure about the other users.
    So, yes, you might just run into another vehicle up there, not a lot of fun, but yes, the view from up top is stunning.
    Jimny, the most underestimated 4x4xfar

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustav Jimny For This Useful Post:

Thank you so much. A few of us will give it a go tomorrow morning.
    - Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2014 (Cooper Discover P285/70/17 // Mickey Thompson Sidewinder II's // Teraflex 2" levelling kit // Renegade front/rear steel bumpers)
    - (SOLD 2017/03) Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 XLE 4x2 Manual 2005 (Falken Landair 31/10.5/15)

Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doomrider

I hike there a lot. The road to the tower is okay. The others are really eroded and in bad condition. Many bikers ride on the trails (Illegally) - all roads past the 2nd bridge have turned into single tracks.