Analogue/digital audio interface unit

Default Analogue/digital audio interface unit

A question to the audiophiles, please ( - from a fence-straddler when it comes to tech)

-I have all the digital music stored in various computer/phone/tablet devices, and currently playing through a Bose Midi Bluetooth speaker -which is fantastic in quality, and very handy in portability, for general listening

But -sometimes the need exists to really listen to some music thoroughly -and to actually feel it! -and the Bose does not quite achieve that

For this , I have dug out my old Mission 780se bi-wireable speakers, and Rotel 930bx amplifier. ( apologies in advance to my neighbours!)

I am looking , hopefully for a one-step solution,... to be able to transmit via bluetooth, to a plug-'n-play bluetooth receiver, that can simply plug into one of the back of the amp, and do the digital-to-analogue translation.

I'm sure there exists such device, and hope that someone can relay their experiences with brands/variant.

Any sound advice will be heard!-thanks!
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

- Charles Bukowski

Default Re: Analogue/digital audio interface unit

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    A question to the audiophiles, please ( - from a fence-straddler when it comes to tech)

-I have all the digital music stored in various computer/phone/tablet devices, and currently playing through a Bose Midi Bluetooth speaker -which is fantastic in quality, and very handy in portability, for general listening

But -sometimes the need exists to really listen to some music thoroughly -and to actually feel it! -and the Bose does not quite achieve that

For this , I have dug out my old Mission 780se bi-wireable speakers, and Rotel 930bx amplifier. ( apologies in advance to my neighbours!)

I am looking , hopefully for a one-step solution,... to be able to transmit via bluetooth, to a plug-'n-play bluetooth receiver, that can simply plug into one of the back of the amp, and do the digital-to-analogue translation.

I'm sure there exists such device, and hope that someone can relay their experiences with brands/variant.

Any sound advice will be heard!-thanks!
    You are opening a whole pandoras box.
    Bluetooth is not the best for sound quality so basically you need a streamer that will work on your wifi.
    Now there are literally thousnds of different ones out there but the one I use is a Bluesound Node 2(current one is node2i).
    This will do exactly what you need and more.
    If you subscribe to a music streaming service like Tidal it is all integrated into the node and with Tidal specifically it can also decode MQA(if you want to explore that).
    The bluenode has a nice app(bluos) for your tablet/phone which controls your music.

Much more can be said but that is a start.
    www.lani4travel.com

Louis Le Grange

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oradba69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oradba69 View Post
    You are opening a whole pandoras box.
    Bluetooth is not the best for sound quality so basically you need a streamer that will work on your wifi.
    Now there are literally thousnds of different ones out there but the one I use is a Bluesound Node 2(current one is node2i).
    This will do exactly what you need and more.
    If you subscribe to a music streaming service like Tidal it is all integrated into the node and with Tidal specifically it can also decode MQA(if you want to explore that).
    The bluenode has a nice app(bluos) for your tablet/phone which controls your music.

Much more can be said but that is a start.
    Thanks for your response-

The only Pandora's Box I ever opened before was at the Hobas (?) Roadhouse -and that made a big noise!

Hoping to keep it simple -and cheapish -like the car-cig-lighter bluetooth transmitter unit that let's me listen on the car sound system ( granted -not great quality due to radio-signal interference) I expect a direct plug in/ wire in unit would provide acceptable sound quality, because it would omit the 'radio signal' aspect of function.

The Bluesound unit looks right and cool -but R15k is a bit too rich for me!
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

- Charles Bukowski

Default Analogue/digital audio interface unit

Just recently, two weeks ago, we needed to do the same, just the other way around. We needed a bluetooth transmitter for bluetooth headphones.

In your case you would need a bluetooth receiver with RCA capability, so you can plug it into your amp.

After a lot of homework, I found a supplier here in Centurion who could provide one at a cost of R400. It is a Bluetooth adapter that can transmit and receive bluetooth signals either via 3,5mm jack or RCA cables. We needed an adapter with an optical input, so I did not take this one, so it might actually still be at the shop.

Please contact the following lady at Huge PC. For reference purposes, you can refer to the dealings she had with me regarding the subject. She sent me, Anton van Graan, an invoice for this particular unit on 28 July 2020.

Danileigh Steyn
    Sales Consultant
    Tel: (012) 663-1666
    Email: [email protected]
    Address: 1294 Heuwel Ave, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
    Last edited by OettingerTDi; 2020/08/13 at 02:33 PM.
    Anton van Graan

2009 Touareg 3.6 VR6
    2007 VW Caddy Life TDi
    2004 VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline
    1997 Citigolf 1.3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OettingerTDi For This Useful Post:

I have one of these. (https://www.philips.co.za/c-p/AEA200...-hi-fi-adapter) Seems they're no longer available, but there are plenty of manufacturers make similar items: https://bit.ly/3iDeO4p
    Chris
    ZS5CMA
    '17 Hilux 2.8GD-6 D/C 4x4 A/T

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cainslie For This Useful Post:

Neil

10. The Following User Says Thank You to neoT For This Useful Post:

If it comes to audio quality your source is important, if your digital music on the devices is Mp3 or another similar space saving format then you'll be very limited in terms of audio quality no matter which devices you put after the player in the chain, you'll need good quality music files to begin with.
    As already said, if you want really good audio quality, streaming over bluetooth isn't advised at all. With a decent quality source it's fine for the majority of people though.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

I use a few different ones and really like them. But as stated the quality is highly dependent on your source. (MP3 is normally what its stored at but not good for Audiophile stuff).

Options below that I can vouch for.

Yamaha seems scarce lately.

https://e-piphany.co.za/product/yama...hoCE9QQAvD_BwE

Very good quality sound and easy to work.

https://e-piphany.co.za/product/pion...hoCMLsQAvD_BwE

Not tested but seems ok and cheap. It seems to be an elegant solution for cheap

https://pclinkshop.com/products/acem...xoCZ6MQAvD_BwE
    Gerhard
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
    Mercedes GLA 2.0 diesel (SWAMBO)
    And a Summit Everest trailer that SWAMBO loves.

The comments here about BT are simply not true.

Yes, older versions of BT were not optimal, but that changed a few years ago.

Modern BT systems have near Zero latency, and incredible uncompressed audio performance and extended range. Performance that almost certainly exceeds all but the very finest source devices and storage media.

I build high end 2.1 BT Audio systems for a hobby.

Have a look at BT adapters from Version 4.1 up with Qualcomm chipsets.

The ones I use even have optic fiber interfaces, RCA digital links, etc.

Using BT not only gives you that high performance link that you are looking for but also opens up you system to all the BT equipped smart devices in your home.

So a modern device, for example, will automatically support Apples AAC encoded audio. This means that you can stream HiRes AAC encoded lossless audio direct from you iPhone/pad/Mac to your receiver.

For external devices I use Avantree Oasis Plus Long Range Audio Transceiver with Qualcomm aptx HD X. For built in devices I use embedded transceivers which I import.

Itís late, I can post some pics in the morning if anybody is interested.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillysCJ View Post
    I use a few different ones and really like them. But as stated the quality is highly dependent on your source. (MP3 is normally what its stored at but not good for Audiophile stuff).

Options below that I can vouch for.

Yamaha seems scarce lately.

https://e-piphany.co.za/product/yama...hoCE9QQAvD_BwE

Very good quality sound and easy to work.

https://e-piphany.co.za/product/pion...hoCMLsQAvD_BwE

Not tested but seems ok and cheap. It seems to be an elegant solution for cheap

https://pclinkshop.com/products/acem...xoCZ6MQAvD_BwE
    That Pioneer unit looks brilliant. If itís in your price range itís a no brainer.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Itís late, I can post some pics in the morning if anybody is interested.
    I'd love to see some of the stuff you build.
    Chris
    ZS5CMA
    '17 Hilux 2.8GD-6 D/C 4x4 A/T

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cainslie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    That Pioneer unit looks brilliant. If itís in your price range itís a no brainer.
    Agree. If that was a Roon endpoint I would have bought it.
    Also agree on the bluetooth. Problem being that most of the cheaper options have poor bluetooth implementation. Would love to see your goodies. Please post more info.
    www.lani4travel.com

Louis Le Grange

Fluffy,yes please want to see

I haven't had bad results using a Sennheiser BT transmitter that links to the BT receiver of my Marantz AVR. I try to stick to FLAC, but have some 320kb/s MP3 as well. Doing the opposite, I have a Logitech BT receiver that also performs admirably. This is all for convenience of course, for serious listening I stream from my Daphile server to the Marantz via the LAN.
    ZS6VL

22. The Following User Says Thank You to An3s For This Useful Post: