Changing license disc from 2 seater to 4 seater

Default Changing license disc from 2 seater to 4 seater

Can anybody guide me as to the possibility of the above please. We’re replacing our campervan and the ones we’re interested in seem to be generally 2 seated licensed.
    1993 Toyota Landcruiser Camper
    2015 Ford Kuga 2.0T AWD

Default Re: Changing license disc from 2 seater to 4 seater

Following as well.
    In the process of changing our second hand bought ,VW 8-seater Crew Bus Transporter from Limpopo to Gauteng number plates the peanut doing the registration changed our license disk from a 8 seater to a 5 seater. It is a 8 seater VW OEM bus as per VIN and was registered as such on the Limpopo disk. No aftermarket "conversations" done.

I have not done any homework so far to get this paper exercise fixed. Suspect at most the roadworthy will have to be redone
    Last edited by vlakkie; 2020/08/13 at 03:13 PM.
    Old:1998 Hilux SC 3000D
    Old: 2001 Hilux DC KZTE
    Old: 2007 Fortuner 3.0D4D
    Current: VW T5.1 BiTdi Transporter

Default Re: Changing license disc from 2 seater to 4 seater

You can not change the seating in a vehicle it was done because the taxi industry bought panel vans and then fit seats in them to get cheaper vehicles.The car industry lobbied government and the law was passed. Chris I'll make the time to go to the licensing department and sort out the seating issue with your bus soonest as you face stiff fines for carrying more passengers than specified on the license disc.