Trump just wiped R90B of your pension





Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nelspruit
    Age
    60
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 60

    Default Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Trump decided to ban Tik Tok and Wechat from the states in 45 days.
    Result: 10Cents share price drops.
    Result: Naspers share price drops.
    Result: R90 billion wiped off Naspers market cap.
    Result: SA pension funds invested in Naspers loses Billions.

    Still think Trump is cool😳, maybe not anymore if you’re a SA pensioner.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 340 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanked: 1078

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    What does naspers have to do with tiktok and wechat in America? Why would that affect their share price?
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    867
    Thanked: 980

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by 340 View Post
    Trump decided to ban Tik Tok and Wechat from the states in 45 days.
    Result: 10Cents share price drops.
    Result: Naspers share price drops.
    Result: R90 billion wiped off Naspers market cap.
    Result: SA pension funds invested in Naspers loses Billions.

    Still think Trump is cool😳, maybe not anymore if you’re a SA pensioner.
    did he give reasons?

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    482
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    What does naspers have to do with tiktok and wechat in America? Why would that affect their share price?
    they are shareholders

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,483
    Thanked: 1373

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Trump is not supposed to worry about SA pensioners. he is supposed to look after his own citizens first!
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

    Then it it a chisel.


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanked: 1078

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    So... any link to this news?

    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanked: 802

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    they are shareholders
    If Naspers (a Broederbond institution) want to invest in Chinese (communist) companies, I don't care if they suffer. Anyhow, just a matter of time and your pension fund will be invested in SA government schemes so relax
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people - Eleanor Roosevelt.

  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JCMostert For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanked: 3956

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Link: https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/ma...ainst-tencent/

    Trump splits opinion no question about it. He splits it to the extremes

    But your title is misleading. Very misleading.

    Should a replace Trump with Naspers. Where was the due diligence from their side when investing in in these companies. USA was not the first to ban these, and will definitely not be the last. Data mining via TikTok is well known and published.
    Last edited by Redman; 2020/08/07 at 11:39 AM.
    Pieter Kruger le Roux

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanked: 1078

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    To be honest, I had to google what tik tok means.....

    I will never EVER use it



    And why is that skelm lot at naspers investing in some chinese crap?




    The anc is the biggest threat to our pensions, that is a fact
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)


  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    33
    Posts
    826
    Thanked: 1090

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    I generally think I am a fairly clever, but the following comment might either be the smartest comment I have ever made, or the dumbest. You Pick.

    Why on earth would Naspers invest in a Chinese company, knowing full well that Trump has been on a crusade from the day he took office against the Chinese, and in his defense, not unfounded, as European companies like Facebook, whatsapp and so forth is blocked in China, there you only get THEIR stuff.

    So now, in your naivety, you want to blame Trump, whereas you should be putting the blame on the investors, much like South African government sells us to the Chinese in general.

    Gosh, the mind boggles.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

  16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lizardalpha For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Magalieskruin Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanked: 375

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Anything to make ol' Trompie look bad hey......... If only people here would worry more about what is happening right here under their noses, driven by the President of South Africa (whoever that turns out to be) and stop worrying about what the President of the United States gets up to, we will not have all the crap we sit with.
    Henk
    So understand
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
    Face up, make your stand
    And realize you're living in the golden years

  18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Henkus For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanked: 1078

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by lizardalpha View Post
    I generally think I am a fairly clever, but the following comment might either be the smartest comment I have ever made, or the dumbest. You Pick.

    Why on earth would Naspers invest in a Chinese company, knowing full well that Trump has been on a crusade from the day he took office against the Chinese, and in his defense, not unfounded, as European companies like Facebook, whatsapp and so forth is blocked in China, there you only get THEIR stuff.

    So now, in your naivety, you want to blame Trump, whereas you should be putting the blame on the investors, much like South African government sells us to the Chinese in general.

    Gosh, the mind boggles.


    ^
    That one
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    880
    Thanked: 1098

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Link: https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/ma...ainst-tencent/

    Trump splits opinion no question about it. He splits it to the extremes

    But your title is misleading. Very misleading.

    Should a replace Trump with Naspers. Where was the due diligence from their side when investing in in these companies. USA was not the first to ban these, and will definitely not be the last. Data mining via TikTok is well known and published.
    Now you've opened a can of worms Redman. Data mining via Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Truecaller, Huawei and the one I got shot down for on this forum - A connection between your personal information here and the number plate in a picture of your vehicle. All are used for Data Mining. Most here have no idea of what transpired by Cambridge Analytica and what it means for their personal data.

    And people still wonder where the companies that call you on your number or send SMS's with your name to you got their information from?

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mukifu
    Age
    51
    Posts
    311
    Thanked: 581

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    Trump is not supposed to worry about SA pensioners. he is supposed to look after his own citizens first!
    Like any good president should, not like the thieving numbnuts SA and most of Africa ended up with.
    I'd worry more about you pensions ending up in government pockets.
    Neil Rocher
    1997 2.8i Defender 110 (Fats)
    1996 300 TDI Defender 110 (Aqualung)
    1982 Mog 416
    1971 series 2a 109"
    1968 FJ40 (Piglet)
    1967 series 2a (dugudugu) 88"
    1958 series 2 (Betty) 88"
    1955 series 1 109"

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2.8i rocks For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    48
    Posts
    965
    Thanked: 4237

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    In my opinion, rather a software war that warfare.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto Betta For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ezulwini Eswatini
    Posts
    1,702
    Thanked: 2209

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Naspers has dipped down 5% not really a catstophe like Stienhoff, EOH, Tongaat Hullet, Sasol did. They the ones that hurt pension funds the most.

    https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/mark...rs-and-prosus/


    Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

  27. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    59
    Posts
    776
    Thanked: 755

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Naspers made the investment in tencent about 20 years ago. Long before Trump and tiktok.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merwe Erasmus For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    64
    Posts
    18,896
    Thanked: 6609

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by Olyfboer View Post
    Now you've opened a can of worms Redman. Data mining via Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Truecaller, Huawei and the one I got shot down for on this forum - A connection between your personal information here and the number plate in a picture of your vehicle. All are used for Data Mining. Most here have no idea of what transpired by Cambridge Analytica and what it means for their personal data.

    And people still wonder where the companies that call you on your number or send SMS's with your name to you got their information from?
    Well they don't appear to mine very deep.

    Nothing pisses me off more than my own bank/credit company/cell company/blah/blah cold calling and offering me a loan/upgrade/tomato when they know what my situation is.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

    The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hermanus
    Age
    60
    Posts
    936
    Thanked: 448

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by lizardalpha View Post
    I generally think I am a fairly clever, but the following comment might either be the smartest comment I have ever made, or the dumbest. You Pick.

    Why on earth would Naspers invest in a Chinese company, knowing full well that Trump has been on a crusade from the day he took office against the Chinese, and in his defense, not unfounded, as European companies like Facebook, whatsapp and so forth is blocked in China, there you only get THEIR stuff.

    So now, in your naivety, you want to blame Trump, whereas you should be putting the blame on the investors, much like South African government sells us to the Chinese in general.

    Gosh, the mind boggles.
    Are you suggesting that everybody should dis invest from China ?
    I would not disagree but that would be naive.

  32. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,399
    Thanked: 1558

    Default Re: Trump just wiped R90B of your pension

    Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    What does naspers have to do with tiktok and wechat in America? Why would that affect their share price?
    Because Prosus own a major interest in 10 cent and Naspers owns a significant share in Prosus.
    For some of us that have both Prosus and Naspers shares in our portfolios directly and most of us through our retirement annuities, living annuities, pension funds or unit trusts it has a serious impact.
    (Eish !)
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •