COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP





Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oudtshoorn
    Age
    59
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 2

    Question COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    Hi there,

    We have had to postpone a 3-week trip to Botswana (booked for August 2020 owing to Covid/lockdown issues) to August 2021.

    The Maun agent we are working with has told us that she has successfully postponed all our camps EXCEPT those managed by the DWNP (in CKGR).

    My question is simple: Is anyone else struggling to get their postponed 2020 trip confirmed for 2021, especially the DWNP properties? I'm just wondering whether this is a specific issue for me, or a broader issue with DWNP...

    Thanks,

    Phil

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Paarl
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    Hi Phil,

    Ultimate Routes has successfully postponed our clients trips including DWNP bookings in CKGR and Kgalagadi. Cannot see why they can't do this postponement for you... it may be that there is no availability for these specific new dates, has the agency given you a reason for not being able to postpone?

    Have a look at our website(www.ultimateroutes.co.za). We will be happy to assist in future bookings throughout Southern Africa.
    If you have any more questions pop us an email at: [email protected]

    Regards,
    Francois Erasmus

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Posts
    826
    Thanked: 732

    Default Re: COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilP View Post
    Hi there,

    We have had to postpone a 3-week trip to Botswana (booked for August 2020 owing to Covid/lockdown issues) to August 2021.

    The Maun agent we are working with has told us that she has successfully postponed all our camps EXCEPT those managed by the DWNP (in CKGR).

    My question is simple: Is anyone else struggling to get their postponed 2020 trip confirmed for 2021, especially the DWNP properties? I'm just wondering whether this is a specific issue for me, or a broader issue with DWNP...

    Thanks,

    Phil
    We had a June/July booking to CKGR through Bigfoot. Although we've had some email comms a few times in the last 4 months I am still waiting for final confirmation of the postponement to 2021. Our booking is a mix of Bigfoot and DWNP managed sites. Last email to them on 20 July, no response yet.

    Truly hope we will be sorted for 2021.
    Dirk Theron
    ‘18 Land Cruiser FJ - build to play
    ‘19 Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Auto 4x4 - my best build ever
    ‘17 BL865 Ratel4 - the house on wheels
    Life’s a journey, enjoy the ride

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ghanzi, Botswana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,936
    Thanked: 1039

    Default Re: COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilP View Post
    Hi there,

    We have had to postpone a 3-week trip to Botswana (booked for August 2020 owing to Covid/lockdown issues) to August 2021.

    The Maun agent we are working with has told us that she has successfully postponed all our camps EXCEPT those managed by the DWNP (in CKGR).

    My question is simple: Is anyone else struggling to get their postponed 2020 trip confirmed for 2021, especially the DWNP properties? I'm just wondering whether this is a specific issue for me, or a broader issue with DWNP...

    Thanks,

    Phil
    I have postponed all my CKGR bookings from this year to 2021 successfully without a problem. Maybe your agent couldn't find space for a campsite you specified. Some i had booked for KORI 02, but on postponing it was moved to KORI01, so be flexible, even though i dont know the reasons why your agent is failing.

    _______________________________
    2011
    VW Amarok BIturbo TDI 4Motion
    2019 Land Cruiser 79 4.2 S/C
    _______________________________

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Simon's Town
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,004
    Thanked: 288

    Default Re: COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    I was able to change my April, Rooiputs and Polentswa bookings over the phone with DWNP, for next year. I even managed to swop a couple of days at Two Rivers for 2 nights at Rooiputs, as it was there that how trip was cut short this year.
    Malcolm
    2015 Pajero 3.2 LWB
    Bushwakka Sundowner No. 31

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    311
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: COVID Cancellations with Botswana DWNP

    I have also Sent a mail to them about 2 weeks ago, and no response yet.
    All my other campsite bookings for kgalagadi has been moved, accept the one being managed by dwnp.

    Why is it that it is such a schlep to work with them?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •