Ranger Tow Bar

Thread: Ranger Tow Bar

Default Ranger Tow Bar

Hi all, I want to fit a tow bar to my Ford Ranger T6. I've been browsing through the web and also through the forum but I just cannot seem to find the right answers. Ideally I would want something that does not reduce my departure angle too much and I also do not want to spend a fortune. Anyone have some pointers for what I should look for?

Default Re: Ranger Tow Bar

No one? Somebody must have an idea on tow bars? I would also appreciate suggestions, who to talk to for further advice. I'm in Pretoria.

I thought they all came standard with one?

Look for a factory one from a scrap yard

Does your Ranger already have a rear bumper? You basically have 3 options - One that works with the standard bumper, if you don't have a rear bumper you can fit the so called double tube full step bar, or you can fit a replacement steel bumper with towbar included.

Towbar doesn't come standard, nope. There is a standard towbar from Ford though, which significantly affects the departure angle. That's why I am hesitant to go for that one.

@Wicd: I've got the standard Bumper from Ford on it, yes. Thanks for pointing out those options. Any brands coming to mind?

Well, I can supply If you wish For the towbar that works with the standard bumper we normally do Brink and for the replacement rear bumpers we do either Stofpad or Gobi X. Both have steel bumpers that do not take carriers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wicd For This Useful Post: