2006 Ranger Bonnet

Default 2006 Ranger Bonnet

Good Day All

I can't open the bonnet of my 2006 Ranger. Battery is fine. Tried sticking my my hand through the grill and pulling the cable as suggested elsewhere on the forum. No luck. Hoping there is a forum member who has had the same problem and knows how to solve it. Anybody out there with The Midas Touch? I'm in Cape Town's northern suburbs. I can come to you or meet you somewhere. If you're somewhere else in the country, I can call you and you can talk me through it. Please, please, pretty please.
    Pack your luggage; but leave your baggage behind!

Default Re: 2006 Ranger Bonnet

Try this.
    You may indeed use the supplied cigarette lighter kit that works off your mates battery.
    However the lock mechanism can be overidden with a bit of patience. You need a hard wire tool that is bent with a narrow point, the bend is so that you can approach the lock clip through your grill. If you look at another Ford you will see that the mechanism has a small hole in it, it is this hole that you want to hook your probe into, once there you yank on it and the lock will open.
    If you like, remove the battery and then the locking mechanism solenoid, use two good cable ties to take up the slack left by the solenoids removal. The bonnet will now open manually, some say that this defeats the object of anti theft, I do not belive so as the bonnet can be opened anyway.

Default Re: 2006 Ranger Bonnet

Thank you for the advice. Had already tried pushing wire through the hole, but had no idea of what I was supposed to be pushing, pulling or twisting. Eventually got it open and had a good look at the mechanism after removing the top spring. Now I know what the wire is supposed to push and where it is. Will know what to do if there's a next time. Thanks again.
    Pack your luggage; but leave your baggage behind!