Camp shower

Thread: Camp shower

Default Camp shower

I have a 5L gas geyser and run a 6l/min pump on it.
    With my water flow set on highest and gas on lowest water is still too warm for little one's to shower.
    Experts pls. help do I need a stronger pump and if so which one with out costing me too much.

Default Re: Camp shower

Quote Originally Posted by fatbike View Post
    I have a 5L gas geyser and run a 6l/min pump on it.
    With my water flow set on highest and gas on lowest water is still too warm for little one's to shower.
    Experts pls. help do I need a stronger pump and if so which one with out costing me too much.
    Are you using a mixer to add cold water to the hot water from the geyser?

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Are you using a mixer to add cold water to the hot water from the geyser?
    No no mixer not sure how to install a cold water line.
    Not sure if installing cold water line will reduce pressure of hot water.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fatbike For This Useful Post:

Install a T piece before the geyser and a valve after the T before the geyser. Also place a valve on the branch of the T and connect this pipe between the geyser outlet and the shower head. Now you can can controll the heat as in your house shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    Install a T piece before the geyser and a valve after the T before the geyser. Also place a valve on the branch of the T and connect this pipe between the geyser outlet and the shower head. Now you can can controll the heat as in your house shower.
    Do you have pics.
    In valve you saying a tap why put a tap between t piece and geyser.

Seems to be the sort of thing you are looking for.

https://m.takealot.com/waterhouse-12...SABEgJsjPD_BwE

If you have low volume as in this case the t will only reduce it even more and could limit the flow through the geyser so as to prevent it from firing. these geysers have a safety that will prevent it from firing up if the flow is not enough.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post
    If you have low volume as in this case the t will only reduce it even more and could limit the flow through the geyser so as to prevent it from firing. these geysers have a safety that will prevent it from firing up if the flow is not enough.
    Jip my thought also thanks for all the advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fatbike For This Useful Post:

My idea would be to use the blue submercible pumps to feed a cold water line as to not reduce the flow through the gas geyser. You then have cold and hot water to a mixer and you can adjust the temp to the shower. The cold water could be the same container feeding the geyser via it's pump.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/08/02 at 06:22 PM.

Yes a tap. You can then control the flow to the geyser andalso the flow on the cold side. Thus if it is to hot open cokd side more or close inlet to geyser. Same as in your house. 2 taps. One hot one cold. You can also place it on the outlet side of the geyser before the T bringing in the cold line but then the tap might get hot and burn your hands
    Do you have pics.
    In valve you saying a tap why put a tap between t piece and geyser.

Just a question: The heading is "Camp Shower", but you are talking about 6l/min shower, with even a higher flow rate if you add extra cold water for temperature control.

Is this for camping? If so, where do you get all the water from or is this drawing water from a dam, river or plumbed tap?
    Mike Lauterbach

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeml For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    Just a question: The heading is "Camp Shower", but you are talking about 6l/min shower, with even a higher flow rate if you add extra cold water for temperature control.

Is this for camping? If so, where do you get all the water from or is this drawing water from a dam, river or plumbed tap?
    Yes camping draw water from water tank.

Yes camping draw water from water tank.
    Ok thanks. That's why I do not like these fancy showers - you have little control of how much water you use and by the time the water temperature is adjusted, you have already wasted some water. And with the high shower flow rate, you can use far too much water in no time. 2 of us shower with 10 litres of perfectly warm water using a shower bucket. But if you can fill your water tank often it's not a problem I suppose.

This however does not answer your question, and I don't know if your unit can operate with a reduced gas flame? If not, adding cold water, like others advised, is the only other solution. One solution not mentioned however is not what you will want to hear after spending money on your gas heater and that is to use your gas heater purely to heat water for your bucket shower. This way you will have water at the perfect temperature, plus you will be able to manage your water usage accurately.

Another solution is similar to what I will be doing in my camper, as I do not have head space for a camping shower: I'm making a transparent 10 litre tank, mounted in the bathroom. This gets filled from my hot water tap (diesel heater), and then I will have a small pump which will pump this to my shower head. I will have an in-line valve to control the water flow-rate. Like the shower bucket, this gives me a shower with the perfect water temperature, and I can visually see how much water I'm using or have left for my shower.
    Last edited by mikeml; 2020/08/03 at 06:40 AM.
    Mike Lauterbach

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeml For This Useful Post:

Maybe a silly question, but do you have the correct gas pressure regulator on the geyser?
    Maybe you could use a lower pressure regulator to get a “smaller” flame thus giving less heat?
    2012 Bi Turbo 4Motion, on Bilsteins with a 50mm suspension lift and 20mm body lift. 76mm pipe and software.