Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Default Re: So I took the plunge

The bubbling can be REALLY therapeutic. I work next to my fermentation fridge, and hearing the steady plop-plop of the airlock is soothing to me.

You maybe need to tell us based on current requests, that is what you can produce? And leave it up us to buy in,? I was at brewcraft, today, damn you want to go ballistic, but some of your old customers want the simple way? Like me.

Just picked up my blond today, will do the sanitizing of EVERYBLOODYTHING tomorrow and start the fermentation in my 25L bucket. 2 - 3 weeks will do I hope.

Gots me a bottle filler wand tap thingy from brewmart that will hopefully make the bottling process less of a mess and more of a joy.
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    Just picked up my blond today, will do the sanitizing of EVERYBLOODYTHING tomorrow and start the fermentation in my 25L bucket. 2 - 3 weeks will do I hope.

Gots me a bottle filler wand tap thingy from brewmart that will hopefully make the bottling process less of a mess and more of a joy.
    Same here even stepping up, got some glass bottles, a capping thing, what can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by caesarcp View Post
    Same here even stepping up, got some glass bottles, a capping thing, what can go wrong?
    I bottled my last batch of pale ale in 750ml SAB beer bottles, with a hand capper and it worked very nice, but because the tap on my bucket was close to the same size as the beer bottle opening it was a bit of a mess with more spillage than I would have liked.

Still the ales came out very lekker and not too much fizz, but just enough to keep it interesting. I was a bit too conservative when I added the sugar though.

But ja each time, I learn something new and improve my technique.

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24