Kgalagadi Trip Report - November 2019

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kgalagadi Trip Report - November 2019

Greetings all. In November 2019, following a 5 week stay in Namibia, we had entered Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park at Mata Mata. KTP would be our home for the next +/- 6 weeks moving between the SANParks campsites and the 2 Botswana wilderness campsites, Rooiputs and Polentswa. The attached .pdf file is the first part of our stay, further reports will be posted over the next week or so. Please feel free to join us on our journey. I have also attached the second part of our report below, the third and final part will be added over the weekend. For those with extreme stamina the 3rd and final part of our trip report is attached, thanks for your perseverance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2020/08/01 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Adding files
    John 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

Default Re: Kgalagadi Trip Report - November 2019

You are up very early?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mudgrubber For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mudgrubber View Post
    You are up very early?
    We are sitting out Covid on Thursday Island, a tiny island off the northern tip of Australia. Our daughter is in labour with our first grandson and we've been awake all night!!
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

Excellent, thanks John. Glad all was well medically and I can only reiterate your experience with KTP staff, they really are fantastic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RobH For This Useful Post:

Trip reports are like gold, thank you so much!
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Thank you John for yet another report with great pictures. Looking forward to the rest.

"In nature, nothing is on order - appreciate what you do get to experience" - Myself
    Everest 2.0 BiT - BL Boskriek
    Namibia Trip Report, Kaa Wilderness Trip Report, Wildcoast Trip Report, Botswana Trip Report, Kgalagadi Trip Report, Lesotho Trip Report

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frans 90 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Excellent, thanks John. Glad all was well medically and I can only reiterate your experience with KTP staff, they really are fantastic.
    Yes Rob, if any confirmation was needed we had it amplified with our medical issue, it isn't only KTP, before entering KTP we had visited KNP, Augrabies and Richtersveld as part of our Southern African "expedition" and we can confirm that the pleasant SANParks staff are a feature of all parks we have visited. I think the way you approach them certainly has a bearing on how they treat you. The way some visitors approach staff at parks makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Trip reports are like gold, thank you so much!
    Pleasure Stan, as you know we have just started this pastime. I have to be honest, whilst this takes up a lot of time in some respects it is a selfish creation, we've found that creating the reports brings back some great memories and certainly preserves them for the future for us too. I'm certain you are aware of that from your "slow donkey" report.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans 90 View Post
    Thank you John for yet another report with great pictures. Looking forward to the rest.
    Thanks Frans, there are likely to be 3 sections, I'm busy with the second one as we speak, as I mentioned to Stan this allows us to relive the trip whilst we are bottled up on Thursday Island in Australia
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Awesomeness. Thank you.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

As above Geertsema

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luka For This Useful Post:

Greetings again, please find attached a .pdf for the second part of our November 2019 KTP trip report, hope you continue to enjoy our journey. The third and final part of the report will be added later this week. I have also attached this report to my initial post for first time visitors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks, so many memories.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

As above Geertsema

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luka For This Useful Post:

Thanks again John & Linda. Great read, great shots and some great sightings you had. You are making me think to change 2022 plans again.

"In nature, nothing is on order - appreciate what you do get to experience" - Myself
    Everest 2.0 BiT - BL Boskriek
    Namibia Trip Report, Kaa Wilderness Trip Report, Wildcoast Trip Report, Botswana Trip Report, Kgalagadi Trip Report, Lesotho Trip Report

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Frans 90 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Awesomeness. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Thanks, so many memories.
    That is a pleasure Luka, thanks for taking time to read our reports, as you can tell KTP is our favourite all time park, so very many memories
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

Quote Originally Posted by Frans 90 View Post
    Thanks again John & Linda. Great read, great shots and some great sightings you had. You are making me think to change 2022 plans again.
    Such a blessing to have visited these parks and to be able to share a little of our experiences with others. I hope that we meet somewhere down the road, hope that we don't have to wait for 2022 and that we will be back on the road in 2021, we are still hoping that we can spend May next year in Botswana
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

Thanks again John and Linda, you've had amazing sightings and experiences. Thanks for the superb trip report and the equally good photos. Much appreciated.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to wilfwalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks for sharing John, some stunning sightings
    Tobie Oosthuizen
    2020 Pajero 3.2L DiD Exceed
    Frontrunner Slimline roofrack

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tobie4x4 For This Useful Post:

Very interesting to see the contrast between November and end of December. There doesn’t seem to be a blade of grass for your trip, whilst it looked like the midlands in summer north of Bedinkt a month later.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RobH For This Useful Post:

With your great photos you've proved that if you put in the hours you get the results - mostly anyway ! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing - thanks for taking the time to put it all together.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to wilfwalk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tobie4x4 View Post
    Thanks for sharing John, some stunning sightings
    Thanks Tobie, we were certainly very blessed, I think anyone being there for as long as we were would hope for some special sightings but I think we have definitely had more than our fair share of "once in a lifetimes". If you have 5 minutes look at the two YouTube postings shown in our signature bar at the bottom of this post, these were both our sightings but placed on YouTube by Five Zero Safaris
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

Quote Originally Posted by wilfwalk View Post
    Thanks again John and Linda, you've had amazing sightings and experiences. Thanks for the superb trip report and the equally good photos. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfwalk View Post
    With your great photos you've proved that if you put in the hours you get the results - mostly anyway ! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing - thanks for taking the time to put it all together.
    That is an absolute pleasure Wilf, it is our privilege to be able to share. Thank you for acknowledging our post, it's great doing something we feel so passionately about
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Very interesting to see the contrast between November and end of December. There doesn’t seem to be a blade of grass for your trip, whilst it looked like the midlands in summer north of Bedinkt a month later.
    Hi Rob, yes you are correct. When we complete the 3rd and last part of my trip report you will see that the rain had started before we departed on 7th December. The rain was of course required desperately, many of the animals were starting to shows signs of stress in late November. Hopefully the rain extended all the way to Union's End, that was where it was at its worst.
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast