Pajero given the final nail in the coffin......what a shame - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Pajero given the final nail in the coffin......what a shame

I was fortunate to have worked for DCSA and had 3 LWB and 2 SWB Pajeros , 2 colts , 1 triton from the misubishi stock of company vehicles ; also had CJ and of course MB cars;those days DCSA company cars were out of the box , brand new and entitled to petrol and maintenance free and in my case , 30000km for a duration of 8 months contract .
    The enduring overland trips with the Mitsubishi vehicles were fantastic and reliably always completed , from botswana to mozambique , to zambia , namibia etc ; retired now I drive a 2.8 4x4 club cab of my own ! Regards to all !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayefe For This Useful Post:

It's certainly sad to see the Pajero go. But it also makes sense, not from an enthusiast point of view, but from a financial one. The current Pajero has not seen a serious update in YEARS! Which means that if Mitsu was to bring a stunner into the market they would need to invest billions into a new platform. The Pajero Sport and the Triton are the ones that received most of the funding and what a gift, those are some serious vehicles and at amazing prices. As I said, it's sad - we will be losing an icon, but I think Mitsubishi had to direct funds elsewhere. The PS and the Triston are lighter, cheaper and more economical vehicles. They compete in a very lucrative market. Money goes where there is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Schambies View Post
    The current Pajero has not seen a serious update in YEARS! Which means that if Mitsu was to bring a stunner into the market they would need to invest billions into a new platform
    Mitsu were a bit lazy me thinks.

They did not necessarily have to change much under neath the Paj.

They only needed to mordenize it's facelifts. And also interior. The dashboard and all interior panels can be redesigned without billions in research. The third row seating could be redesigned and made more useful easily because there is enough space.

Toyota have kept the LC200 alive that way since 2008. And the Prado since 2009. Mitsu could have made an effort too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4