Default Land cruiser 200 v8 Diesel - new car price history

I am doing a bit of research on Land Cruiser 200 resale - and I need your help please. (I will share my report)

If you bought/sold a new Land Cruiser 200 Diesel V8 VX or know of someone who did, what was the price of the car when new?

2008 - R?
    2009 - R?
    2010 - R?
    2011 - R?
    2012 - R?
    2013 - R?
    2014 - R?
    2015 - R?
    2016 - R?
    2017 - R?
    2018 - R?
    2019 - R?
    2020 - R 1 540 000

Default Re: Land cruiser 200 v8 Diesel - new car price history

Any reputable car dealer will provide that info using their bank approved trade and retail guide books.

However, since a lot of features might have been extras, would you want a base value or a final value?
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

The base price of the vehicle please

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Any reputable car dealer will provide that info using their bank approved trade and retail guide books.

However, since a lot of features might have been extras, would you want a base value or a final value?
    ps. I welcome the input from any reputable car dealers on this forum - even if its a PM? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    ps. I welcome the input from any reputable car dealers on this forum - even if its a PM? :-)
    Send Petri a PM.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

I am doing a bit of research on Land Cruiser 200 resale - and I need your help please. (I will share my report)

If you bought/sold a new Land Cruiser 200 Diesel V8 VX or know of someone who did, what was the price of the car when new?

All prices are in the month of June except 2017.

2007 100GX (D) R481 100
    2007 100VX V8 R680 980
    2007 100VX (TD) R691 915

2008 200VX R770 000 (D)
    2008 200VX R738 000 (P)

2009 200VX R885 000 (D)
    2009 200VX R848 300 (P)

2010 200VX R917 100 (D)
    2010 200VX R876 200 (P)

2011 200VX R917 100 (D)
    2011 200VX R902 400 (P)

2012 200VX R968 400 (D)
    2012 200VX R934 300 (P)

2013 200VX R988 000 (D)
    2013 200VX R953 200 (P)

2014 200VX R1 044 600 (D)
    2014 200VX R1 017 200 (P)

2015 200VX R1 097 800 (D)
    2015 200VX R1 069 100 (P)

2016 200VX R1 228 700 (D)

2017 200VX R1 297 700 (D) (January)

2018 200VX R1 372 800 (D)

2019 200VX R1 433 700 (D)
    Last edited by LCamper; 2020/07/20 at 02:24 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCamper For This Useful Post:

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Pleasure. I always knew there was a reason why I was keeping hundreds of old CAR magazines

In 2008, I purchased my 5th Land Cruiser - A 200 Series VX from a Toyota dealership in Durban (Kingsmead) for a just under ZAR 880,000... It was fitted some extras such as a Warn 9,000 Lb winch, different tyres from OEM, and a towbar and etc...

I live in Ballito, and it was serviced at the Toyota dealership in Gateway (Umhlanga Rocks area) At 138,000 a light came on on the dash, which I was told were the EGR (Exhaust Gas Reticulation Valves) which the Toyota people charged ZAR 14,500.00 to fix. 6,000 kms further the light came on again, so I took it back. (I only use this vehicle for towing and long trips as it is too big for regular city running around.) It sat with them for over a month and they did nothing, apart from tell me it was intermittent, but they were too busy to do anything more about it!...

I removed it from them and gave it to a local, highly qualified mechanic who works on vehicles himself. He service my other vehicles, and is one of the finest mechanics I have ever met. He is not a "spanner boy" who just replaces parts. He tested the vehicle and had to remove the engine which took over 24 man-hours (That's how long it takes to remove one of these engines) He told me that there were no were no spanner marks on the bolts of the EGR valves! But on further inspection he did find one turbo was blown, one attenuator was malfunctioning, and the Cat converter was seized, and the water pump had rust marks!

I immediately notified Toyota SA directly, and after an inspection by their local representative, and numerous vigorous discussions, Toyota SA instructed a Toyota dealership in Newcastle (who have the correct tooling which was installed there by Toyota SA) who removed the whole vehicle and loose engine, and ended up replacing the entire engine with a brand new engine, including a new fuel pump, and uptake in the fuel tank etc... At no charge. They also fully reimbursed the mechanic who removed the engine..... The point I am making is that no matter what anyone says, you choose a Toyota because of the professional back-up that Toyota SA provides.

My vehicle is running beautifully with its new engine and and our insurers have insured it at an agreed value because it isn't really a 2008 model. A 2008 Land Cruiser with a new engine should not be valued according to "The Book" as dealerships like to dictate... Do you believe that they would sell a 2008 model with a new 2018 engine for the same price as a 2008 model...according the "The Book"? Just saying...

BTW: I have been in the transport industry for >40 years, have had fleets of Volvo, of Scania, and Internationals, as well as having had >30 support vehicles (Toyota), and this is my 5th Land Cruiser. ( My son is on his second Land Cruiser.....I have never had, or signed ONE warranty on any vehicle... I only purchased vehicles in terms of The Common Laws of SA, and my Common Law rights, which entitle any owner to receive vehicles free of any latent or patent defects.

That means in effect, that any motor vehicle dealer only sells vehicles on behalf of the manufacturer... The only reason why they issue a warranty is to ring-fence a contractual obligation to repair certain elements, and parts of that vehicle. You accept that, and you are ring-fencing yourself by legal contract, and also ring-fencing your rights. Dealerships are given a percentage of their sales as "Returns funding" to cover them on minor claims, which is why they will wriggle when asked to fix stuff which doesn't work through no fault of the customer, and that's what really upsets customers... The dealerships are also trying maximise their profitability, and what they don't have to pay for repairs, goes onto their bottom line...

Most dealers will will shy away, and refuse to sell a vehicle under Common Law rights, but that is sheer ignorance on their part!.... The Common Laws of SA protect both the dealerships (Sellers), as well as the customers... If you don't believe me, feel free to ask an attorney who will confirm what I say...

I have been a loyal Toyota supporter for >40 years for good reason...Hope this helps anybody contemplating the purchase of any vehicle.

Tim Driman
    Ex Chairman of the TLD Group and Interlogix Group.

2008 - R?
    2009 - R?
    2010 - R?
    2011 - R?
    2012 - R?
    2013 - R?
    2014 - R?
    2015 - R?
    2016 - R?
    2017 - R?
    2018 - R?
    2019 - R?
    2020 - R 1 540 000

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Driman For This Useful Post:

Tim, when are you selling that vehicle of yours? I think you should sell it to me? 😊

great info, thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boesman88 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Driman View Post
    In 2008, I purchased my 5th Land Cruiser - A 200 Series VX from a Toyota dealership in Durban (Kingsmead) for a just under ZAR 880,000... It was fitted some extras such as a Warn 9,000 Lb winch, different tyres from OEM, and a towbar and etc...

I live in Ballito, and it was serviced at the Toyota dealership in Gateway (Umhlanga Rocks area) At 138,000 a light came on on the dash, which I was told were the EGR (Exhaust Gas Reticulation Valves) which the Toyota people charged ZAR 14,500.00 to fix. 6,000 kms further the light came on again, so I took it back. (I only use this vehicle for towing and long trips as it is too big for regular city running around.) It sat with them for over a month and they did nothing, apart from tell me it was intermittent, but they were too busy to do anything more about it!...

I removed it from them and gave it to a local, highly qualified mechanic who works on vehicles himself. He service my other vehicles, and is one of the finest mechanics I have ever met. He is not a "spanner boy" who just replaces parts. He tested the vehicle and had to remove the engine which took over 24 man-hours (That's how long it takes to remove one of these engines) He told me that there were no were no spanner marks on the bolts of the EGR valves! But on further inspection he did find one turbo was blown, one attenuator was malfunctioning, and the Cat converter was seized, and the water pump had rust marks!

I immediately notified Toyota SA directly, and after an inspection by their local representative, and numerous vigorous discussions, Toyota SA instructed a Toyota dealership in Newcastle (who have the correct tooling which was installed there by Toyota SA) who removed the whole vehicle and loose engine, and ended up replacing the entire engine with a brand new engine, including a new fuel pump, and uptake in the fuel tank etc... At no charge. They also fully reimbursed the mechanic who removed the engine..... The point I am making is that no matter what anyone says, you choose a Toyota because of the professional back-up that Toyota SA provides.

My vehicle is running beautifully with its new engine and and our insurers have insured it at an agreed value because it isn't really a 2008 model. A 2008 Land Cruiser with a new engine should not be valued according to "The Book" as dealerships like to dictate... Do you believe that they would sell a 2008 model with a new 2018 engine for the same price as a 2008 model...according the "The Book"? Just saying...

BTW: I have been in the transport industry for >40 years, have had fleets of Volvo, of Scania, and Internationals, as well as having had >30 support vehicles (Toyota), and this is my 5th Land Cruiser. ( My son is on his second Land Cruiser.....I have never had, or signed ONE warranty on any vehicle... I only purchased vehicles in terms of The Common Laws of SA, and my Common Law rights, which entitle any owner to receive vehicles free of any latent or patent defects.

That means in effect, that any motor vehicle dealer only sells vehicles on behalf of the manufacturer... The only reason why they issue a warranty is to ring-fence a contractual obligation to repair certain elements, and parts of that vehicle. You accept that, and you are ring-fencing yourself by legal contract, and also ring-fencing your rights. Dealerships are given a percentage of their sales as "Returns funding" to cover them on minor claims, which is why they will wriggle when asked to fix stuff which doesn't work through no fault of the customer, and that's what really upsets customers... The dealerships are also trying maximise their profitability, and what they don't have to pay for repairs, goes onto their bottom line...

Most dealers will will shy away, and refuse to sell a vehicle under Common Law rights, but that is sheer ignorance on their part!.... The Common Laws of SA protect both the dealerships (Sellers), as well as the customers... If you don't believe me, feel free to ask an attorney who will confirm what I say...

I have been a loyal Toyota supporter for >40 years for good reason...Hope this helps anybody contemplating the purchase of any vehicle.

Tim Driman
    Ex Chairman of the TLD Group and Interlogix Group.
    Hi Tim,
    Your experience with Toyota South Africa is extraordinary - would that all manufacturers responded this way. When I got to the end of your post, read about your business (logistics?), purchasing of lots of vehicles and saw your previous CEO position, my cynical nature wondered if Toyota SA didn't make a commercial decision to look after an important customer (or potential customer). Not sure if us ordinary owners would have got the same treatment. The irony is that if they were to follow a similar pattern with all their customers they would achieve a huge loyal following - at a fraction of the millions they spend on ad campaigns every year.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyba View Post
    Hi Tim,
    Your experience with Toyota South Africa is extraordinary - would that all manufacturers responded this way. When I got to the end of your post, read about your business (logistics?), purchasing of lots of vehicles and saw your previous CEO position, my cynical nature wondered if Toyota SA didn't make a commercial decision to look after an important customer (or potential customer). Not sure if us ordinary owners would have got the same treatment. The irony is that if they were to follow a similar pattern with all their customers they would achieve a huge loyal following - at a fraction of the millions they spend on ad campaigns every year.
    Good Observation.
    Having owned a Toyota for 8 years, all I can comment is that there is nothing special about TSA, or driving and owning a Toyota, compared to other brands I have had.
    Last edited by Makaira; 2020/07/29 at 11:34 AM.