Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Car Hire

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    68
    Posts
    325
    Thanked: 547

    Thumbs up Car Hire

    The Snail has to go in for some major surgery, so I need to hire a car for a few days.
    Any suggestions on cheap/reasonable places on the west rand?
    Mark Backler
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.
    Thermo Electric Cooling fan.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rangeview Krugersdorp
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,843
    Thanked: 1597

    Default Re: Car Hire

    Hertz at Action Ford seem cheap now .
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !



    Ford Figo 2016

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,357
    Thanked: 4916

    Default Re: Car Hire

    In the past there were several small rental companies who rented cheap cars. They were old. One company had even cars that they said "Do not take out of JHD. If you need to go further please let us know and we give better car for the trip.". This was Rent-a-Wreck. http://www.rentawreck.co.za/ Last time somebody I knew rented from them was well over 10 years back. Several students were happy with the company. There are other "similar" companies around. We have used one in CT without any issues. These places delivered the cars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    The Snail has to go in for some major surgery, so I need to hire a car for a few days.
    Any suggestions on cheap/reasonable places on the west rand?
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    68
    Posts
    325
    Thanked: 547

    Smile Re: Car Hire

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    In the past there were several small rental companies who rented cheap cars. They were old. One company had even cars that they said "Do not take out of JHD. If you need to go further please let us know and we give better car for the trip.". This was Rent-a-Wreck. http://www.rentawreck.co.za/ Last time somebody I knew rented from them was well over 10 years back. Several students were happy with the company. There are other "similar" companies around. We have used one in CT without any issues. These places delivered the cars.
    Funny coincidence, I used to do all their brake repairs when I was in JHB! Many years ago.
    Mark Backler
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.
    Thermo Electric Cooling fan.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,357
    Thanked: 4916

    Default Re: Car Hire

    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    Funny coincidence, I used to do all their brake repairs when I was in JHB! Many years ago.
    So you know that they could be considered Their business idea must be good. They have been in the business for a long time.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    68
    Posts
    325
    Thanked: 547

    Thumbs up Re: Car Hire

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    So you know that they could be considered Their business idea must be good. They have been in the business for a long time.
    I'd actually forgotten about them! They used to be based down the bottom of town, cant remember the street, but it was Doornfontein?
    I'll give them a ring tomorrow morning.
    Mark Backler
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.
    Thermo Electric Cooling fan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •