Coil spring advice - Ironman, Lovells, EFS any good?

Question Coil spring advice - Ironman, Lovells, EFS any good?

I'm shopping for +2" coil springs for my Jeep WJ. I know BDS and OME (Old Man Emu) have good reviews, but the 4 spring kit runs around 8000 ZAR here (yeah, Europe...)
    In comparison, I can get IronMan, Lovells or EFS springs for less than 5000 ZAR. Anyone running a WJ with any of these springs? Would love to hear your opinions and experiences. (for shocks I'm decided on Bilstein 5100s)
    Ironman offers the best price - are they really that bad compared to OME or BDS?

---
    Some "background" info:
    I currently have UpCountry springs +2" poly spacers, but the stock spring isolators have worn out and I'd also like to replace the springs while i'm at it. 95% of the time I drive on paved roads and only do "light" offroad (really no articulation needed), so a comfortable/non-bumpy/swaying ride is my main goal. I have 31.5" KO2s fitted.
    Last edited by Domaso; 2020/07/13 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: Coil spring advice - Ironman, Lovells, EFS any good?

Iron man for if you running a load. They tend to be hard.

BDS or OME best from the others mentioned, EFS seems to be mixed reviews. This is based from what I have read only.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2020/07/13 at 08:10 PM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

I noticed people tend to say Ironmans are hard when comparing kits to kits, i.e. [Ironman coils + Ironman shocks] VS. [OME coils + OME shocks]. I wonder if coils alone play that big of a part if using quality shocks? (i.e. Bilstein 5100)

Also, I've noticed Ironman offers 4 spring rates (A, B, C, and D - No load, Medium load, Heavy load, Extremely heavy load), so I guess putting a B-rated spring with no equipment/load would give a harder ride..

Any other input about running Ironman coils?

Just ordered all four Bilstein 5100s and a full set of new spring isolators, 11k quickly left the pocket... ouch..
    Still can’t decide on coils... What are your guys opinions about UpCountry coils + BB spacers (which I currently have installed) compared to proper extended coils? I mean - would I gain any better street ride quality/comfort with extended springs apart from better articulation? As I said, the rare occasional "offroad" I do is just some gravel or forest roads, no uneven/rocky terrain or anything (it's mainly plains here..). I wouldn't want to spend another 7k if I don't get a noticeable benefit... What do you guys think?

Oh, by the way, would it be too much to ask - anyone who has +2" extended coil lift on WJ - could you measure from wheel hub center to fender lip (front and back) - I'm curious to compare with my UpCountry coils + BB spacers that I currently have installed. That would let me see if my original UpCountry coils are sagged and if I would gain some height with "proper" extended coil lift.
    Measured mine - Rear: 53.5 cm, Front: 51.5 cm (not sure how sagged are they..)
    Greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Domaso; 2020/07/14 at 09:10 AM.

Meh, just bit the bullet and ordered OME... Not sure if I did the right thing, but I ordered heavier load for the front (+40-90kg) and standard/medium load for the back. I wanted to prevent sagging in the front (keeping in mind CRD engine is heavier), and in the back I don't even have a tow hook so...
    Can't wait to get them installed

Think you did the right thing.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD