Toyota Full Service History

Default Toyota Full Service History

My curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to ask what other people have to say? When I bought my second hand Fortuner last year (2015 Fortuner 3l 4x4 manual with 115000km on the clock) from a Toyota dealership they told me that a vehicle can have a full service history but it is allowed to miss 1 service. Doesn't matter which service it was Is this true?
    2015 Toyota Fortuner 3lD 4x4 Stick Shift

Default Re: Toyota Full Service History

I can promise you that if you miss a service under warranty Toyota will definitely not honour the warranty.

Utter nonsense. Full service history means it did not miss any services otherwise it is Partial Service History.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    My curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to ask what other people have to say? When I bought my second hand Fortuner last year (2015 Fortuner 3l 4x4 manual with 115000km on the clock) from a Toyota dealership they told me that a vehicle can have a full service history but it is allowed to miss 1 service. Doesn't matter which service it was Is this true?
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Download the MyToyota App and register it on your name. You just need the VIN if I'm not mistaken.
    I did it with my FJ when I bought it in Feb, had a Full Service History with Toyota, and the app did luckily proved it too.
    You should be able to see exactly what was done to it when and where.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

--2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L V6 - aka Ratel
    --1998 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0L V6 - SOLD
    ___________________________________WHEN IN DOUBT... THROTTLE OUT!___________________________________

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flipoff94 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    That's like saying I will give you a full case of beer, but I am allowed to leave 1 out of the case.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Toyota does honour its warranty if one service is missed ! We had numerous customers skip 1 service and the warranty was still accepted by Toyota SA . Unfortunately we do have dealers wo will not put in a Warranty claim at Toyota if this is the case . Our Workshop manager even got warranties approved when 2 services had been missed as long as they are not 2 in a row or then a mayor service. It is mostly dependant on the Dealer itself.
    1995 Discovery V8 ( Thor intake system , controlled by Spitronics Mercury 2)
    Land Rover 3.9 V8 " Defender 90 " Under Construction
    Hilux 2017 D/Cab 2.8 GD6 ( Company Vehicle)

Semi related. Where can one download details of what needs to be done at each service for a Toyota?
    Chris
    ZS5CMA
    '17 Hilux 2.8GD-6 D/C 4x4 A/T

Quote Originally Posted by cainslie View Post
    Semi related. Where can one download details of what needs to be done at each service for a Toyota?
    The detail on the internet are mostly from overseas and differ widely from Toyota SA requirements. Our services are adopted to our environment and use of the vehicles in SA. The details are only available to us Dealers on the Toyota Portal.
    1995 Discovery V8 ( Thor intake system , controlled by Spitronics Mercury 2)
    Land Rover 3.9 V8 " Defender 90 " Under Construction
    Hilux 2017 D/Cab 2.8 GD6 ( Company Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    The detail on the internet are mostly from overseas and differ widely from Toyota SA requirements. Our services are adopted to our environment and use of the vehicles in SA. The details are only available to us Dealers on the Toyota Portal.
    Thanks. Rather a pity. I would love to know which are the major and minor services and at what point to expect the more costly replacements.
    Chris
    ZS5CMA

On the Toyota app it tells me in advance what my service is going to cost. Not sure if it can do it further into the future than the next service.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    On the Toyota app it tells me in advance what my service is going to cost. Not sure if it can do it further into the future than the next service.
    Awesome, thanks. Is that when you use the function to book it, or is it somewhere else in the app that I haven't found yet?
    Chris
    ZS5CMA

Awesome, thanks. Is that when you use the function to book it, or is it somewhere else in the app that I haven't found yet?
    Just for info - but i got detailed service info on my LC79 from a link found on the LCCSA site. Long list at each stage and even covers after the 100k service period. Hours per service and part numbers etc. Will look for link. Many folk got their service info etc for their variants and models. I saved all pdf i think and self service post warranty.

When you make a booking on the app, it shows you the breakdown of what the service entails, as well as the price.