Defender 2 -3 Pin Ignition Module

Default 2 -3 Pin Ignition Module

I have just received an Allmakes 4 x 4 3 pin Ignition Module for my 1992 3.5 V8 Defender which has the 35DM8 Distributor fitted with a 2 pin Ignition Module.

I don't want to fit it now but just want it in my spares box for "in Case" situation.

The module came with a 2 pin conversion and I would like to make up the lead so long to save trying to do it in the bush. The part however came from China and are not too precise so I want to pick your brains.

See attached Copy of instruction and refer to them.

1. Diagram 1 shows a pair of pliers which I think refer to the cutting / removal of the old 2 pin lead and removing the old module.

2. Diagram 2 shows the wiring of the new lead which is where I am a little confused. The plug shown is numbered 1 -2 - 3 but point 2,2 shows
    the + ve lead being connected to what looks the terminal 3 and the -ve lead being connected to terminal 1. However I read online somewhere
    that the terminal 2 i.e. middle terminal isn't used. Can anyone confirm if I use terminal 1 & 2 or 1 and 3.

3. I have never removed an ignition module from a distributor so I am presuming that the other 2 pin plug (hidden in Diagram 3 - hump beside 3 pin
    plug) plugs into the distributor? Can be seen in 2nd image.

4. Last question - there is a small quantity of grease supplied which I presume is some kind of heat shield (as used in computers under CPU.) and
    would be spread on the metal plate between module and distributor.

Hope this all makes sense
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stc1184.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	579326  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DSouter; 2020/07/11 at 09:29 PM.
    Babushka - 3.5 V8 Defender Highline
    SWAMBO - 1.6 Nissan Livina X-Gear