Can it get crazier





Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanked: 3574

    Question Can it get crazier

    Fight at a church. Arrested members include various police department members, army and correctional services. Large amount of guns, 5 dead and people in hospital, 34 guns confiscated up to now...

    https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...drama-20200711

    According to SWAMBO this place is outside Soweto towards Potch.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,691
    Thanked: 1449

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Fight at a church. Arrested members include various police department members, army and correctional services. Large amount of guns, 5 dead and people in hospital, 34 guns confiscated up to now...

    https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...drama-20200711

    According to SWAMBO this place is outside Soweto towards Potch.
    Iíve seen/heard far crazier.
    Sent from my iPhone


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,358
    Thanked: 1482

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Our country is already crazy.

    Define "crazier".

    OK, I know.

    So, so very sad.

    When I was young I told my friends and associates that South Africa would be (within my lifetime) the Unites States of Africa.
    (Yes, "USA" - Ver. 2.0)

    I guess I got it wrong.
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1949 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Friemersheim, Southern Cape
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanked: 3249

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Whatever happened to brotherly love?
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it." -Ronald Reagan.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mukifu
    Age
    51
    Posts
    225
    Thanked: 439

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    Our country is already crazy.

    Define "crazier".

    OK, I know.

    So, so very sad.

    When I was young I told my friends and associates that South Africa would be (within my lifetime) the Unites States of Africa.
    (Yes, "USA" - Ver. 2.0)

    I guess I got it wrong.
    Guns, God and a crap government, what did you get wrong?
    1996 300 TDI Defender 110 (Aqualung)
    1997 2.8i Defender 110 (Fats)
    1982 Mog 416
    1980 FJ45 (Piglet)
    1967 series 2a (dugudugu)
    1958 series 2 (Betty)
    Amarok (platcar to fetch eggs)

    Self made nilionaire

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2.8i rocks For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Posts
    806
    Thanked: 806

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    All about money.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kola For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rangeview Krugersdorp
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6,493
    Thanked: 1291

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Sure the pastor can heal the dead ?
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !



    Ford Figo 2016

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Swakopmund
    Age
    50
    Posts
    494
    Thanked: 204

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Blm
    Last edited by JJ-Namibia; 2020/07/11 at 08:07 PM.
    2014 Land Cruiser 76 V8 SW
    1994 Defender TDi 200
    -----------------------------
    Drive it like you stole it!!
    -----------------------------

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,407
    Thanked: 14158

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Read today a bus driver in France died from injuries sustained when he insisted passengers wear masks and got assaulted for that. Crazy world indeed.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    63
    Posts
    941
    Thanked: 35

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Seems there is massif in-fighting going on there. What is the reasons? money or power of dormancy?

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Posts
    806
    Thanked: 806

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico H View Post
    Seems there is massif in-fighting going on there. What is the reasons? money or power of dormancy?
    Both money and power.
    In these cases those go together.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    46
    Posts
    85
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Name:  F4B01353-7BE8-4029-BE97-AF1F97F344D7.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  91.6 KB

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,925
    Thanked: 2258

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    All about money.
    Wrong.

    Its all about A LOT OF money.
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,358
    Thanked: 1482

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Why would any sane person trust any government anywhere ?
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1949 For This Useful Post:

    FWM

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    393
    Thanked: 763

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboef View Post
    ***Quote removed***


    So, rather, he should drive a bus all day - making his living, at a higher risk for catching a dangerous disease which could either make him or his family/friends ill, or dead, while hundreds, or thousands, of passengers come and go, 1m from his face, thru the front door? And it is too much to ask that these individuals are slightly inconvenienced by wearing a piece of cloth over their nose and mouth while in public?

    You do understand that the main reason to wear a mask is that it REDUCES the potential of someone who is infected (and may very well be asymptomatic) from infecting OTHERS. I can somewhat see the argument that you as an individual should have some say in what measures you take to protect YOURSELF. That's not the issue or the point here. And further - by protecting YOURSELF, you are protecting OTHERS, because you reduce the spread.

    That justifies his death?

    I'd most certainly throw you off my bus... You're most welcome to walk.

    Lemming indeed.
    Last edited by Family_Dog; 2020/07/13 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Quote removed

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,925
    Thanked: 2258

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    So, rather, he should drive a bus all day - making his living, at a higher risk for catching a dangerous disease which could either make him or his family/friends ill, or dead, while hundreds, or thousands, of passengers come and go, 1m from his face, thru the front door? And it is too much to ask that these individuals are slightly inconvenienced by wearing a piece of cloth over their nose and mouth while in public?

    You do understand that the main reason to wear a mask is that it REDUCES the potential of someone who is infected (and may very well be asymptomatic) from infecting OTHERS. I can somewhat see the argument that you as an individual should have some say in what measures you take to protect YOURSELF. That's not the issue or the point here. And further - by protecting YOURSELF, you are protecting OTHERS, because you reduce the spread.

    That justifies his death?

    I'd most certainly throw you off my bus... You're most welcome to walk.

    Lemming indeed.
    You care too much when addressing limited cognitive ability.

    A reply of more than 10 words is a waste of your time.

    https://www.psypost.org/2020/07/covi...outbreak-57293
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    393
    Thanked: 763

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    You care too much when addressing limited cognitive ability.

    A reply of more than 10 words is a waste of your time.

    https://www.psypost.org/2020/07/covi...outbreak-57293

    Lol, yes, you are probably right. I just found the lack of empathy for another human being pretty shocking.

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,925
    Thanked: 2258

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Lol, yes, you are probably right. I just found the lack of empathy for another human being pretty shocking.
    A trait they share with their idol...

    Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man.
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Zululand
    Age
    54
    Posts
    132
    Thanked: 97

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboef View Post
    Viva le France.
    Serves him right for being a stupid lemming.
    This statement is a terrible reflection on you and your personal values. Iím glad we donít know each other

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew D For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,982
    Thanked: 1219

    Default Re: Can it get crazier

    Quote Originally Posted by LandyLove View Post
    15 posts in 4 years, and this is what comes out?

    Geez I hope the other 14 is more constructive. No matter what context it is said in it is in poor taste.
    This case of Richard Rose is very sad; unfortunately there are many cases like his (young & healthy), and many more to come. I follow the rules, but don't deny me my booze ever again!

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/he...9-23fe5d937559.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •