Anyone know this Amarok (White 2014 BiTDI Highline Auto)

Default Anyone know this Amarok (White 2014 BiTDI Highline Auto)

Browsing the used cars today I noticed this Amarok for sale.

Now, I won't buy anything from a seller in Joburg Central, but thought this could be a good time to check whether my assumptions in that regard, are indeed correct. If I'm correct then the vehicle might be a Code 2 or 3, or the mileage may have been tampered with?

Listed as having mileage of 138000km, full service history, but it's "cash deal only".

Just to be clear, I am not intending to buy the bakkie, just wanting to check something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	578976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	659.5 KB 
ID:	578977  
    Henk
    2011 Pajero Sport 3.2 Auto

Default Re: Anyone know this Amarok (White 2014 BiTDI Highline Auto)

Quote Originally Posted by henk_o View Post

Now, I won't buy anything from a seller in Joburg Central, but thought this could be a good time to check whether my assumptions in that regard, are indeed correct. If I'm correct then the vehicle might be a Code 2 or 3, or the mileage may have been tampered with?

Listed as having mileage of 138000km, full service history, but it's "cash deal only".

Just to be clear, I am not intending to buy the bakkie, just wanting to check something.
    Your assumptions are correct. Most bargains are listed from dealers in JHB central. At that price, i'll take 2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by henk_o View Post

Alle twedehandse voertuie is kode 2. Kode 3 is 'n ongeluk beskadigde voertuig wat afgeskryf is deur versekering en reggemaak is.

Dalk bestaan die bakkie nie eers regtig nie. Daai spesifieke model se trade en retail is R275k en R315k dink ek... Of dit of die top is gekraak en hulle weet dit, so wil die bakkie vinnig swaai en jy sal nooit 'n bakkleiery wen om die fout reggemaak te kry as dit wel daar is nie...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WillemT For This Useful Post:

Jip, ek stem.

Interessant van die kode 2, ek was onder die indruk dat dit beteken gesteel en ge-"recover", maar het nou gaan kyk en jy is reg...
    Henk

I bought my ford ranger from a dealership in Joule Street. A friend of mine from Boksburg said that the guys in boksburg would be scared of dealing with a guy in Joule Street! I had just moved up here from Dbn so I did not really know any better. Vehicle was fine and financially was the best vehicle I ever owned, having paid 145k, put on a little over 120k in a three years and sold for 100k so it cost me around 15k/yr.

I also bought my current amarok from Hatfield Braamfontein, which I think I would consider to the deep in the dark heart fo JHB and that has also been fine apart form some teething issues I had early on.

I would say look over the vehicle and if the deal is good, and you are confident, then don't be put off by it not being in a snobby area. Remember these guys may well have much lower overheads or just be keen on some post covid cashflow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenplumb For This Useful Post:

Not the type of first hand experience story I was expecting, thanks for sharing!
    Henk