Car Radio

Thread: Car Radio

Default Car Radio

Hi
    Hope everyone is good. So last month I purchased a radio for my car,it was advertised on facevook and I purchased it from there,however the person that was selling it had it on his car so he didn't have any information about it,he literally pulled it out of his car the day I bought it and just gave it to me. So I tried to do some research and I found out that it's called a Chinese double din radio,now the issue I'm having is when I press the GPS button on the radio it tells me that it can't find navigation software . I will upload a link to the pictures so if anyone knows where I can get the software or how I can get it sorted out it will be highly appreciated
    The second part that I want to know is that is it possible to load a android software on it.Because i seen on YouTube a guy loading android 4.4 on it and he just did a review on it, nothing about where he got the software or how he did it . So if anyone can help me out please do ....thanks :-)[QUOTE][IMG="What it showing me"]https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11oqynnUO1PstdLwqOBIUuOiI8TtASBvc

Default Re: Car Radio

You have "Windows " on that radio. You need a windows CE based bit of navigation software.

https://www.google.com/search?client...ation+software

https://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/PocketPC/wince.htm

https://maplorer.com/

I don't know how good the above software is for South Africa, use at your discretion.

I am not sure if Android will work on that model as you will have to remove Windows CE from it, totally depends on the BIOS they are using.
    My Life Loving It

So how do I download it and install it?is there any specific way or what ?also the radio has a GPS antenna plug in the back ... I do not have one installed.does that affect the GPS system in any way ?if yes where can I get one in South Africa

The maplorer site should have all the tools and explanations that you need to install. browse through the site and you should come right.
    However if you did not get the GPS antennae with, don't bother. It should not work as a GPS device unless it also has a built in antennae, but I doubt that.

Maplorer also has a google map grabber function that should allow you to use parts of Google maps. I have not tried this though
    Last edited by Chris G; 2020/07/05 at 03:38 PM.
    My Life Loving It

Most Radios with GPS need an GPS antenna even the Toyota Radios all have External GPS antennas that are either stuck to the windscreen or under the dash , but it will not work if the antenna is not connected.
    1995 Discovery V8 ( Thor intake system , controlled by Spitronics Mercury 2)
    Land Rover 3.9 V8 " Defender 90 " Under Construction
    Hilux 2017 D/Cab 2.8 GD6 ( Company Vehicle)

You can normally load the software onto a micro sd card and it goes into the front of the radio.

I would call the seller and try get the antennae, he probably still has it and just forgot/couldn't be bothered to uninstall it from the dash of his car.

That being said, i've found the navigation to be very slow, so unless its something you really want I would not bother. I have not used mine much at all.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2020/07/06 at 10:54 AM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Hi
    I hope everyones well ... So I bought the GPS antenna from scoop here in midrand.ive installed it and it seems to be working,but it's still giving me the same issue that it can't pick up the software. The problem I'm having is that I'm not picking up the SD card for the GPS on the radio itself,but when I plug the memory card into my laptop it seems to be working fine on it and even picks up the GPS software on my laptop. I've also tried resetting the device but that front button on it doesn't seem to be resetting it ... Anyone know how I can get this sorted out ?also it doesn't pick up the SD card on the normal side

Some of these radios can only read a certain size (i.e GB) micro SD card. Can't recall what size mine was but was not very big....
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 iMT
    2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi
    2019 Bush Lapa Miskruier BL1861