Camping Shower and Pump - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Camping Shower and Pump

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Very neat idea to pressurize container. I made a diff oil filler by pressurizing a spray paint gun resevoir using a tyre 12v electric tyre compressor . Oil only flows when electric tyre compressor is on and does not over pressurize the container causing an accident. I know you said you avoiding 12v but check out my idea. https://youtu.be/2Xn0sEyrWdQ
    I have the option of adding the compression as I have an onboard compressor in my van, and will use it with the compressor, but wanted the portable option in case there is no way of connecting to the compressor for whatever reason. For the flow rate, I got smaller hose and connected it at the spout where the 12mm pipe comes out, so my pipe in the tank is 12mm connected to the 10mm, this works 100% to get the flow the way I like it. I used it last night as my shower and happy with the result. Will be easy enough for Tracy to work too.

Anyone have a double barrel foot pump lying around? Will make thing even more "less effort"

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
    I have the option of adding the compression as I have an onboard compressor in my van, and will use it with the compressor, but wanted the portable option in case there is no way of connecting to the compressor for whatever reason. For the flow rate, I got smaller hose and connected it at the spout where the 12mm pipe comes out, so my pipe in the tank is 12mm connected to the 10mm, this works 100% to get the flow the way I like it. I used it last night as my shower and happy with the result. Will be easy enough for Tracy to work too.

Anyone have a double barrel foot pump lying around? Will make thing even more "less effort"
    So in other words wrt the foot pump, you want Tracy to keep fit and trim without telling her... Very clever
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

So in other words wrt the foot pump, you want Tracy to keep fit and trim without telling her... Very clever
    Its like saying 'bomb' in a airport... You just don't do that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tall Paul For This Useful Post:

Morning everyone,

So after reading and having a look at what some guys have, I came up with my own idea. Some of you guys have great setups, but none here had what I had in mind and I asked a couple of questions and did not get the answers I was really looking for.

My current setup is a simple pot to warm the water and then wash. This got me thinking. I wanted something to heat up as quick as possible, it must be portable, no 12v cables, no electric pumps, nothing, must be durable and I wanted to heat it once and get two showers from it, so from a single heat, my wife a I need be able to shower. Simple enough for Tracy to use, portable and light weight for transporting and must pack easily.

So, off I went, bought the following:
    1x 20L JERRY CAN
    2 X TYRE VALVES
    1X HOSE (2.5M X 12.5MM)
    1 X SHOWER HEAD
    1 X BICYLCE FOOT PUMP
    1 X SPOUT

Below is the end result. I timed it, within 10 min I boiled 10L of water, added 5L of cold water and had 15L of warm water to shower with. I need to tweak it a bit to minimize the water flow and maybe add a double barrel foot pump.

Comments welcomed
    Tall Pall - I hope you have long arms too with the showerhead (in your photos) it might be a tad difficult to wash your hair if you have short arms Perhaps there is a reason why you prefer this one?
    ZS1ETphonehome

Quote Originally Posted by EHoffmann View Post
    Tall Pall - I hope you have long arms too with the showerhead (in your photos) it might be a tad difficult to wash your hair if you have short arms Perhaps there is a reason why you prefer this one?
    I am the "long arm of the law" in the house....
    I bought 2m of it as I did not know what the desired end length should be. It has been shortened, but one can still fix it to a branch if need be with rubber cable ties. I have attached a much smaller head to assist with a decent flow, one of those heads you get with those camping shower bags. Being almost 2m tall, and tracy at about 1.5m I had to compromise. She brought me to my knees again...

I have a 10mm steel dropper I normally take with when we travel, so it will be easy to hammer into the ground and fix it in such a way that it will make for a comfortable wash.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tall Paul For This Useful Post:

I am trying to assist people with what I have done to solve the same problem and then I got deleted.
    This message has been deleted by hbannink.

Reasonlets go commercial for this

I am dum what does this mean?
    please tell me in simple afrikaans so that I can understand

Quote Originally Posted by bertus View Post
    I am trying to assist people with what I have done to solve the same problem and then I got deleted.
    This message has been deleted by hbannink.

Reasonlets go commercial for this

I am dum what does this mean?
    please tell me in simple afrikaans so that I can understand
    What did you post, were you selling something
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Wow excellent idea! I want to build one.

Morning everyone,

So after reading and having a look at what some guys have, I came up with my own idea. Some of you guys have great setups, but none here had what I had in mind and I asked a couple of questions and did not get the answers I was really looking for.

My current setup is a simple pot to warm the water and then wash. This got me thinking. I wanted something to heat up as quick as possible, it must be portable, no 12v cables, no electric pumps, nothing, must be durable and I wanted to heat it once and get two showers from it, so from a single heat, my wife a I need be able to shower. Simple enough for Tracy to use, portable and light weight for transporting and must pack easily.

So, off I went, bought the following:
    1x 20L JERRY CAN
    2 X TYRE VALVES
    1X HOSE (2.5M X 12.5MM)
    1 X SHOWER HEAD
    1 X BICYLCE FOOT PUMP
    1 X SPOUT

Below is the end result. I timed it, within 10 min I boiled 10L of water, added 5L of cold water and had 15L of warm water to shower with. I need to tweak it a bit to minimize the water flow and maybe add a double barrel foot pump.

Comments welcomed
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts" : Bertrand Russell

2014 Nissan Navara 2.5 4x2
    1995 Nissan Sani 3.0 V6 4x4

What did you post, were you selling something
    I am job less, I am a pensioner, my business is my own business.
    I posted two suggestions for pumps, they are high volume pumps, the guys try to use the wrong high pressure,low volume pumps.
    Myself own one of them.
    As you can see it got deleted 3 times. Why? Explain it to me.

I am job less, I am a pensioner, my business is my own business.
    I posted two suggestions for pumps, they are high volume pumps, the guys try to use the wrong high pressure,low volume pumps.
    Myself own one of them.
    Haven't check the spec of the pump you showed, but these camp geyser need a certain minimum flow and minimum pressure else they will just frustrate.
    Johan Kriel

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    Haven't check the spec of the pump you showed, but these camp geyser need a certain minimum flow and minimum pressure else they will just frustrate.
    I do have a beautiful Dew hot. Dont ask me ask the person who were so big to delete the post I dont want to be deledted twice. He must show now how big he is.

I do have a beautiful Dew hot. Dont ask me ask the person who were so big to delete the post I dont want to be deledted twice. He must show now how big he is.
    I deleted your posts or should I say three of them redirecting to a facebook site (already enough cause for infraction) there was no explanation or any backing experience or write up on the product just 800l /h submersible pump with a video on the redirect of the pump being plugged in to a JoJo tank with how many thousand liters of water head feeding it. posting so many adverts "your business" becomes mine especially if you redirect this forum's traffic to another page or if I have reason to suspect commercial interests from a normal member.

I don't know how I must react to your challenge of "He must show now how big he is." do you want me to rate the product because from the video I am not impressed or what do you want me to do?
    This water system thing has been part of the best part of my life with my first installation being done when I was still at school. I have done a couple of hundred installations of different pumps and systems and all I can say there is no university for experience

What I know about the product is that it is a low pressure pump delivering a max of 0.45bar and as far as I could make out it is not self priming and best part is it costs about R799 for a low pressure pump that has a varied delivery volume, dependant on the quantity of water above it in the tank. You can get spares for the pump, the gardena adapters on the front and back are interchangeable and can be replaced if dammaged or lost as for the rest of the unit ..... the other spares availability was avoided so no one knows. Did I mention that the unit is not a submersible unit and can only be used outside the tanks so for a little more you can get a decent high pressure water pump with a much higher delivery and super quality.......

I did my homework and if I was half convinced that you were commercially involved I would have done more than just delete your post, the local Builders are the agents in your neck of the woods.

PS I am reporting this post to the other moderators so they can judge if I was too harsh in my reply
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

So I finished the geyser setup and started it off the 3,8lt/minute pump. We went camping this weekend and it was fine for filling the basins for dishes. I am however not convinced that it will provide enough pressure to push water through the pump and up to a shower head 2m high, 3m away. Should I spend the bucks and upgrade to a 7,5 or 11lt /minute pump or should it be fine? I also don't want to risk pumping out all the water in my tank in 1 shower....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LandyLove; 2020/08/11 at 07:33 PM.
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

Dawie van der Merwe
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by LandyLove View Post
    So I finished the geyser setup and started it off the 3,8lt/minute pump. We went camping this weekend and it was fine for filling the basins for dishes. I am however not convinced that it will provide enough pressure to push water through the pump and up to a shower head 2m high, 3m away. Should I spend the bucks and upgrade to a 7,5 or 11lt /minute pump or should it be fine? I also don't want to risk pumping out all the water in my tank in 1 shower....
    What is the requirement of the geyser, flow and pressure? I think the 3.8l/m will work but not 100%. If a 5 l/m geyser then min 5l/m at 30psi pump is required.
    Last edited by JLK; 2020/08/11 at 07:40 PM.
    Johan Kriel

6.8l/min shurflo pump I hear that it works.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fatbike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    What is the requirement of the geyser, flow and pressure? I think the 3.8l/m will work but not 100%. If a 5 l/m geyser then min 5l/m at 30psi pump is required.
    Geyser can supply max 6lt/min. The 3.8 pump can heat up the water to 50 degrees on a medium setting. The geyser actually restrics the flow to het it hotter. So the 3.8 works, but with short pipework. My concern is to get the water further and higher, so a higher flow rate pump or higher pressure pump should work.
    12 Conqueror courage

Dawie van der Merwe

Geyser can supply max 6lt/min. The 3.8 pump can heat up the water to 50 degrees on a medium setting. The geyser actually restricts the flow to get it hotter. So the 3.8 works, but with short pipework. My concern is to get the water further and higher, so a higher flow rate pump or higher pressure pump should work.
    Why not fill your tank and test the setup at home with the shower head and all. if it does the trick, great and if it does not .... nothing to lose other than a bit of gas and water.
    As far as I am aware the geyser has a safety cut out at 50 and Humans burn at 55. play with the settings and see what temperature you are getting on high at the end of your shower set up. We use flow from the bigger pump to control the temperature on a one pipe system. Throttle back the flow and the water becomes hotter and open for cooler.

I like your set up and just want to add some constructive crit. That geyser is all steel and will rust so keep that in mind, I would invest in a travel bag to keep it out of the vehicle dust and grit and also keep it dry. The burners do not like dust and rust
    Last edited by hbannink; 2020/08/11 at 10:54 PM.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

I like your set up and just want to add some constructive crit. That geyser is all steel and will rust so keep that in mind, I would invest in a travel bag to keep it out of the vehicle dust and grit and also keep it dry. The burners do not like dust and rust[/QUOTE]

I waited for Landylove to comment on this, and I see he was online a bit earlier. He only hangs it there while in use. When traveling he place it inside his bakkie with an aluminium canopy on. So no issues with dust etc

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bassfisher For This Useful Post:

Geyser can supply max 6lt/min. The 3.8 pump can heat up the water to 50 degrees on a medium setting. The geyser actually restrics the flow to het it hotter. So the 3.8 works, but with short pipework. My concern is to get the water further and higher, so a higher flow rate pump or higher pressure pump should work.
    Jip, you will be able to get much better reaction on the settings on the geyser.
    Last edited by JLK; 2020/08/12 at 07:15 AM.
    Johan Kriel

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfisher View Post
    I like your set up and just want to add some constructive crit. That geyser is all steel and will rust so keep that in mind, I would invest in a travel bag to keep it out of the vehicle dust and grit and also keep it dry. The burners do not like dust and rust
    I waited for Landylove to comment on this, and I see he was online a bit earlier. He only hangs it there while in use. When traveling he place it inside his bakkie with an aluminium canopy on. So no issues with dust etc[/QUOTE]

Jip. It gets hooked there when we stop. I made it this way to be used when I travel by vehicle only as well. Otherwise its safely inside the vehicle when travelling.
    12 Conqueror courage

Dawie van der Merwe

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast