Custom leisure tech roof top add a room.

Default Custom leisure tech roof top add a room.

I rcenently purchased this tent that came with an add a room. I would like to see peoples reviews of an add a room with a roof top.

I how ever dont think I will be able to use it and will end up selling as I normally spend only a night before driving and my vehicle is a lot higher than the pajero sport that the tent came off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael11 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Custom leisure tech roof top add a room.

It has it's pros and cons and very much to a specific persons liking. I once had such an extension to my RTT but never used it. Mostly when I used the RTT it was for one night stay overs so I didn't want to have the added effort of pitching something that I have to remove tomorrow morning in the cold. The only place where I see this to be practical is for people (mostly older) that can't dress etc inside the RTT and need some private space to access the vehicle and get dressed etc and perhaps for a Porta potti.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Add a room in our trailer rtt, magic. Will never camp any other way, add a room on our vehicle rtt, mmm not for me.

Especially theses that you must unpack and zip/clip/velcro in place. Too much unnecessary work taking away from relaxing time.
    Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

2012 Hilux 2x4 D/L
    A few basic mods.

I would think its only usefull where you camp 2 or 3 nights.
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval

We also had one on our Tentco RTT, used it once if I remember correctly. That particular Tentco tent comes standard with it and the tent roof extends further and then down to the floor level of the tent to allow the add a room to be zipped at the bottom. What is nice about that setup is that the door to the tent is always under cover, especially when it rains as you have more of a roof extending over the door rather that just an "afdakkie". The disadvantage, though, is that you cannot see what is out there until you are down. Otherwise you have to lie down in the tent and peek under the roof to see if it is safe to get out. HaHaHa.

Bit off topic. I am looking at buying one of these tents. Would like you guys to comment on pros and cons. Got a frontrunner roofrack on Fj. Would it easily fit?
    Thanks
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval