Gypsy beach toy

Thread: Gypsy beach toy

Default Gypsy beach toy

Sad story, in 4 years of owning my Gypsy I'd only been to the coast once, very briefly, spent about 30 minutes on the beach and I was in 4x4.

A friend that also owned a Gypsy always told me he does not need 4x4 on the beach except where the Land Cruisers messed up the place.

I had a few days in Henties end of May, took the scenic route so I'm not a rolling roadblock on the tar, threw down everything at the guesthouse and met my cousin at Trappies, nice Kabeljou on the first cast

Over the next few days I played around a bit and realized the truth of what my friend said, being at sea level the 1300 has enough power to putter along at low revs, all you need to do is anticipate and get the revs up a bit when it gets sticky, 2x4 gets you everywhere, which saves a lot of petrol.....
    Used 4x4 once after that when I slowed down for an oncoming bakkie in a sand pit the big boys had milled around a bit.......pull the lever and on it went.
    The Gypsy put a smile on my face, if I was 20 years younger the hooligan would've come out
    2016 Suzuki Gypsy MG413 - The PopeMobile

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DustGypsy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Gypsy beach toy

Valid comments there.

Back in the 1980's I used to travel down to the then remote Sodwana area and stay over at the camp. We used to spend days driving on the beaches exploring, swimming, and snorkeling, in my first SJ410. Even with its 970cc motor there was an abundance of power when compared to back in JHB, and we simply couldn't get the vehicle stuck.

Great fun, and some great memories flooding back.....
    Eric L
    ---------------------

ME_______ - '09 SUZUKI JIMNY - Pipe Bumper / Under body Protection / Winch / Snorkel / Roof Rack / VHF+UHF Comms
    SWAMBO__ - MAHINDRA BOLERO - Feels like an SJ / loads like a truck / tows like a tank!
    RETIRED___ - '99 Gen 1 Grand Vitara / 1.6 Vitara JLX ...x2 / SJ413 SWB ...x3 / SJ413LWB ...x1 / SJ410 ...x2.