(Fake) Fuel Shortage - Page 2





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,741
    Thanked: 4266

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    so maybe it will spill over to Bots eventually?
    Yes it might have eventually. But the voice note, fake news, caused panic buying which did indeed cause a massive fuel shortage.

    There are far less vehicles on the road in Botswana than in SA in normal conditions. With the lack of tourists even less. So even if there was a slightly lower supply than usual, Botswana would have been fine had it not been for the fake voice note.

    Just confirms my ethos, if it comes via whatsapp it is most probably fake. A whatsapp voice note I treat as fake 100% of the time.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/06/29 at 07:33 AM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,260
    Thanked: 969

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    I wish there was a way to track down the origin of "fake news" and give the originator a decent AAK.
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Connan For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kobus

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kobus

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    37
    Posts
    145
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    And still the queues continue. People just dont seem to understand that thier panic is causing even more issues. They have stopped filling containers, next they need to say that if you are above quarter tank you cant get fuel. Or close fuel stations for 24hrs to allow they trucks to get to them and fill them up. Altho I'm not sure that would help since everyone will just queue up again and finish it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikefenton For This Useful Post:


  8. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,877
    Thanked: 1023

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by mikefenton View Post
    And still the queues continue. People just dont seem to understand that thier panic is causing even more issues. They have stopped filling containers, next they need to say that if you are above quarter tank you cant get fuel. Or close fuel stations for 24hrs to allow they trucks to get to them and fill them up. Altho I'm not sure that would help since everyone will just queue up again and finish it.
    Maybe a lock-down could help to ease the situation, it proved to the effect to have (a lot) less vehicles on the road
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    37
    Posts
    145
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Maybe a lock-down could help to ease the situation, it proved to the effect to have (a lot) less vehicles on the road
    Dont jinx us like that. Altho I would have an essential permit so refuling wouldn't be an issue

    I just wonder if everyone in the queue is filling up or simply putting in 50 bucks. If thats the case then maybe they should have 2 queues..... one for people who want a full tank and one for people with lots of time to waste. In theory once you fill your car up you should be good for 4 days to a week at least. That would also help with queues no?

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Struisbaai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    614
    Thanked: 840

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Wonder if there will be a REAL shortage soon.

    https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...maged-20200702
    Last edited by LC Man; 2020/07/02 at 11:52 AM.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    2000 Prado 90 KZTE SWB.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    I see there is a load of Unitrans Tankers at the Fairgrounds Showgrounds .

    Looks like all incoming cross border trucks must go there.

    It has something to do with the testing and waiting for results.
    Kobus

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by LC Man View Post
    Wonder if there will be a REAL shortage soon.

    https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...maged-20200702
    Botswana gets their fuel from the depot at Tarlton.

    Tarlton gets fuel by Transnet pipeline from Durban.
    Kobus

  13. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,877
    Thanked: 1023

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    I see there is a load of Unitrans Tankers at the Fairgrounds Showgrounds .

    Looks like all incoming cross border trucks must go there.

    It has something to do with the testing and waiting for results.
    I am sure that's the case.

    Although there would be a simple solution:
    Allow the tanker through the border, swap the towing truck with the driver and deliver.
    The towing truck could then return with the empty tanker.

    Why does Unitrans not think out of the box

    One set of drivers doing the SA side, the other the BW side and NO DELAY.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  14. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,500
    Thanked: 324

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Hi Bots guys, has the situation changed at all? I just heard that the fuel shortage is actually becoming a real concern?

  15. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Yesterday afternoon it was still a problem. Filling stations had either a long queue or nothing at all.

    I pulled into one of the empty stations and was able to fill up with diesel. The attendand said they were out of petrol for more than a day already. They were waiting for delivery.

    Fuel tankers driving all over the city.
    Kobus

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to KobusDJ For This Useful Post:

    dph

  17. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ghanzi, Botswana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,910
    Thanked: 1014

    Default Re: (Fake) Fuel Shortage

    Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    Yesterday afternoon it was still a problem. Filling stations had either a long queue or nothing at all.

    I pulled into one of the empty stations and was able to fill up with diesel. The attendand said they were out of petrol for more than a day already. They were waiting for delivery.

    Fuel tankers driving all over the city.
    You city guys are living a very difficult life. I was by the pump alone in Rakops today. Diesel and petrol we fine. It was only on Wednesday when it was out for few hours and situation back to normal.

    _______________________________
    2011
    VW Amarok BIturbo TDI 4Motion
    2019 Land Cruiser 79 4.2 S/C
    _______________________________

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to PAT n WOLF For This Useful Post:

    dph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •