Kicking the smoking habit and weight gain - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Kicking the smoking habit and weight gain

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Put him on a fasting diet. Monday, Wednesday, Friday he does a 16hr fast diet ie eat a healthy breakfast and supper on these days, no carbs, no sweets. Then Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday he doe the 24hr fasting ie only eat supper. He can drink as much water, tea, coffee as he likes but no sugars. I went from 130kg in March down to 109kg till now. It is easy to do. I eat plenty of veggies and meat.

But like all help offered, diets etc if the receiver is not willing to put effort into the diet, then you wasting your time.
    You do know he is actually an adult

son: "listen here dad - I am your son, and i am now putting you on a diet by taking your food away for a couple of days"

Dad: "I brought you into this world - I can take you out. Now get lost before I show you why animals eat their young"
    ZS1ETphonehome

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EHoffmann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slow_joe View Post
    I quit in April. Went from 85kg to 95kg. I put myself on a no carb or sugar diet and I am back to 90kg, still a way to go but I am feeling better.
    Out of interest, regarding the 10kg weight gain, did you find you started eating more which resulted in this?
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2020/08/12 at 08:15 AM.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    Out of interest, regarding the 10kg weight gain, did you find you started eating more which resulted in this?
    Maybe a bit more, but I have also been less active due to lockdown and working from home.
    Not getting up from my desk every half an hour to go outside for a smoke doesn't help.

I think the main issue has been more snacks and sweets (sugar), initially I wanted larger portions of everything, but I think that is back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    Moenie eers gevang word aanhaal nie, die skade aan jou en herstel tyd gaan dieselfde wees.
    Ek is bang vir olifante Kola, vir haar nie

Quote Originally Posted by slow_joe View Post
    Maybe a bit more, but I have also been less active due to lockdown and working from home.
    Not getting up from my desk every half an hour to go outside for a smoke doesn't help.

I think the main issue has been more snacks and sweets (sugar), initially I wanted larger portions of everything, but I think that is back to normal.
    Which makes sense, snacking on sugars tends to make on gain weight. We don't have the luxury of snacks and sweets so that it aint, I suspect Estee was perhaps right, there is an age thing involved here, compounded by the no more nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    Ek is bang vir olifante Kola, vir haar nie
    Jy is nog jonk, jy sal leer om bang te word.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kola For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EHoffmann View Post
    You do know he is actually an adult

son: "listen here dad - I am your son, and i am now putting you on a diet by taking your food away for a couple of days"

Dad: "I brought you into this world - I can take you out. Now get lost before I show you why animals eat their young"
    Well, I came back from the Dr with good news for family that blood tests for prostrate cancer was negative, cholesterol and sugar was low but weight was high. Daughter is studying EMC at varsity and discussed my glycoma and weight with class and lecture during one of the studies... Mmmhh. Short version, my happy mood changed when daughter gave me the full lecture on health disorders and diseases, then the tears that I won't be around etc etc. Damit she was right and being stuck at home during lock down, I couldn't go to the toilet without being asked where am I going. The two brats even found my chocolate stash, which they happily chowed.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Well, I came back from the Dr with good news for family that blood tests for prostrate cancer was negative, cholesterol and sugar was low but weight was high. Daughter is studying EMC at varsity and discussed my glycoma and weight with class and lecture during one of the studies... Mmmhh. Short version, my happy mood changed when daughter gave me the full lecture on health disorders and diseases, then the tears that I won't be around etc etc. Damit she was right and being stuck at home during lock down, I couldn't go to the toilet without being asked where am I going. The two brats even found my chocolate stash, which they happily chowed.
    For kids to care about us, is special, and the power of it should never be underestimated. There are respectful ways to show it - but "putting your parent on a diet" isn't one of them. Intermittent fasting works very well for some, but it isn't for everyone. Fasting and banting works even better - but also isn't for everyone.
    I hope you find a better place to hide your sweeties
    ZS1ETphonehome

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EHoffmann For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3