Install ARB or not?

Default Install ARB or not?

So i'm going to upgrade to the ARB single piston compressor.

Initially i was going to keep it in the box, but watching YT tonight, many seem to have installed them.

But then the question is, in my 2006 V6 Tuna, do i put it in the back or the engine bay.

Any views?

Default Re: Install ARB or not?

If you can find the space to fit it inside, I would rather do that. Perhaps under one of the seats?

Although these units can be installed in the engine bay, I would much rather have it in an as friendly as possible environment.

I'd rather keep it mobile before I install it inside the vehicle. Your passengers will not like you when you start that thing up in a confined space with them...
    I know of plenty ARBís thatís installed in the engine bay, but it will most probably last longer if you donít mount it there.

On FJ 1 I installed it in the right rear compartment in boot.

FJ 2 it is installed in engine bay, facing car, left back close to firewall high up.

on both I have the coupling next to towball for easy connection and switch on dash panel.
    Last edited by BruceHun; 2020/06/21 at 09:17 AM.
    2020 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), 2019 FJ Cruiser, Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Default Install ARB or not?

I installed mine in engine bay, just behind the battery. I have a 4.2 land cruiser and it gets hot and dusty underneath the bonnet. It has been there for about 9 years now without any problems. The place to install it would rather be because of space limitations or ease of use, but not about making it last longer as I think it will last for n long time even if installed in engine bay
    Last edited by Bassfisher; 2020/06/21 at 08:55 AM.

Just seen that the double unit is not much more (relatively!!!) than the single unit and can be purchased on its own which i like.

I do fancy keeping it inside though and not in the engine bay now.