Default A shout out to good service

So very often we hear about bad service here on the forum that I have to highlight some excellent service I experienced in the last week or so.

I am in the market for various things for my Patrol as we are in the process of giving it a bit of a facelift.

First off was a front diff lock for which I contacted Mike Swann of Nizani (or Difflocks4Africa). I did business with Mike about 13 years ago for the first time and found him extremely helpful and knowledeable at the time. Well nothing has changed. It is such a pleasure doing business with someone who not only knows his field of business very well, but is also an enthusiast. He is a kindered spirit and supplied me with up to three e-mails a day to keep me up to date with availability, price and delivery times. Even over weekends. Just alround great service!

The next bunch I contacted was Don Kyatt Spare parts, Terrain Tamer agents. What an absolute bunch of legends! Sent an e-mail via there website, got a reply on the same day. Replied again, they sent me prices and then an invoice after my confirmation. I transferred the money immediately and parts were delivered to my place of choice a day later. I think they dispatched the parts before the money was in their account! Really impressed and very happy.

Sadly I have been in touch with other supplier for other stuff and the response was not on the same level

But I can really recommend the two parties mentioned.
    Last edited by Francois Theron; 2020/06/17 at 10:28 AM.
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Default Re: A shout out to good service

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    So very often we hear about bad service here on the forum that I have to highlight some excellent service I experienced in the last week or so.

I am in the market for various things for my Patrol as we are in the process of giving it a bit of a facelift.

First off was a front diff lock for which I contacted Mike Swann of Nizani (or Difflocks4Africa). I did business with Mike about 13 years ago for the first time and found him extremely helpful and knowledeable at the time. Well nothing has changed. It is such a pleasure doing business with someone who not only knows his field of business very well, but is also an enthusiast. He is a kindered spirit and supplied me with up to three e-mails a day to keep me up to date with availability, price and delivery times. Even over weekends. Just alround great service!

The next bunch I contacted was Don Kyatt Spare parts, Terrain Tamer agents. What an absolute bunch of legends! Sent an e-mail via there website, got a reply on the same day. Replied again, they sent me prices and then an invoice after my confirmation. I transferred the money immediately and parts were delivered to my place of choice a day later. I think they dispatched the parts before the money was in their account! Really impressed and very happy.

Sadly I have been in touch with other supplier for other stuff and the response was not on the same level

But I can really recommend the two parties mentioned.
    Tell us what you are doing..
    Danie Gerryts

2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX A/T
    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2TDCi 4x4 A/T Supercab
    Gypsey 5
    Jurgens Xplorer

Quote Originally Posted by DanieG View Post
    Tell us what you are doing..
    1998 Patrol 4.5 GL

Fitting front locker, lifting suspension 50mm, fitting rocksliders, canvas seat covers, snorkel and finally rear spare wheel carrier. Later will Raptorcote as well
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

I dont want to steal your thread... but the title is "A shout out to good service"

I would like to thank Mark from 4x4 Assist for his outstanding friendly service.

I saw a thread on the forum about dash covers on Saterday night and I was like a kid that saw a new toy I had to have... so on SUNDAY I whatsapped him and he replied very quick. I gave him the info of my Prado and with in an hour he sent me the pics of the dash cover and tranny cover for the Prado and this was all on a Sunday.
    He also told me it usually takes 4/5 days to manufacture which I was ok with.

I did payment Monday and he said he will keep me posted on when it will be ready to collect.

Tuesday (holiday) late afternoon I got a msg from him to say dash and tranny covers are finished I can collect...

Collected my covers this morning and am very happy... will be ordering a few more want to have's very soon😁😁😁

Good to meet you Mark and thank you so much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bushbuk For This Useful Post:

No worries BB.

There seem to be pockets of suppliers who are really worth dealing with. I think we owe it to them to give them some exposure on forums like this.

I mean the bad ones get enough exposure!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

1998 Patrol 4.5 GL

Fitting front locker, lifting suspension 50mm, fitting rocksliders, canvas seat covers, snorkel and finally rear spare wheel carrier. Later will Raptorcote as well
    Show pics when you're done.
    Danie Gerryts

2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX A/T
    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2TDCi 4x4 A/T Supercab
    Gypsey 5
    Jurgens Xplorer

Quote Originally Posted by DanieG View Post
    Show pics when you're done.
    Will do

My 2 cents worth

My KZTE (Ouboet) started to give problems. The previous owner misused it a lot and I had to replace the turbo and the head. After that follows a sorry sad story. Turbo making a loud noise, got is replaced, no joy. Then the head started to go and cracked. Got a new head and then picked up a piston slab.

Did a recon and within 400 km the head gasket went again. This the guys fixed under protest as according to them the engine overheated (Strange what happen if the head gasket went and blow the radiator). Within 10 000 km I picked up that pressure is again building up in the engine.

I was so fed-up with this bakkie that I was on the point of throwing a match in the diesel tank. Near me is Wapadrand Car Service City and Nico and his team took the bakkie and did a pressure test. In the end the head gasket was starting to blow on all the cylinders. The skim marks on the head was still the manufacturer's marks so the engineering shop never skimmed it and according to Nico the condition of the head gasket was as such that it was definitely older than 10 0000km.

They also replaced the turbo again (I still had another new one as spare to give them) and got the places where it leaked and silenced it. The workmanship and effort these guys put in are rare. They are genuine motor mechanics and not just re-placers and for the first time since this started to happen, I have confidence in using Ouboet again.
    Hilux 3.0 KZTE Legend 35
    Mahindra XUV 500
    Hyundai Getz

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtheron For This Useful Post:

Well, once again happy to report another SA company reacting very quickly.

I posted an enquiry via the website of Flexy Tank Systems in Midrand regarding their fuel bladders. I got back a very comprehensive answer in less than 1 minute from Willem!

You cannot ask for more! And they are 1/3 the price of the US equivalent!

They will get my business!
    https://flexitanksystems.com/

I am in the process of importing some re-gear parts through Mike and can confirm all your sentiments - great guy to work with !
    UZJ 42 LX: Olive (Sold and bought her Back !)
    HDJ 75 RV Troopy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheoM For This Useful Post:

Great Thread thanks
    "Yes, I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three".........Mick Jagger

Great Thread thanks
    "Yes, I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three".........Mick Jagger