I need your honest opinion - Pajero Sport

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default I need your honest opinion - Pajero Sport

Hi Guys.

I am currently looking to buy a 2019 PS 4X2 with around 20 000Km on the clock.

I am most likely to buy before Friday if everything goes according to plan.

NOW. I don't require a 4x4 hence I am buying a 4x2. I have been yearning to have a SUV (for my family of 4) for years and I have been looking at all of them.

When it comes to a complete package that includes: 1)value for money, 2)resale value, 3)fuel efficiency, 4)space and versatility, I personally think between the PS, Fortuner and Everest, the PS offers the most. I drove it twice and I love it.

I want to ask you guys an honest question.. Am I making a mistake by buying this vehicle? Should I rather look at Everest or Fortuner or maye even ? Is my excitement clouding my judgement or am I making the right choice by going for the PS?

My worry is that I don't see many of them, I don't see many people talking (nor forums) about them. Why are they not as popular as the other two?
    André Jordaan

2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

I've just done something, and I DON'T KNOW what it was!!!

Default Re: I need your honest opinion - Pajero Sport

I personally like pajero Sport. Good choice.

Stay away from the Everest if you’re looking for reliability.
    Heike Pinto,

- 2014 Mazda BT-50 3.2TD 4x4 AT
    3" Exhaust | iDrive | HDi Intercooler Upgrade | Forefront Industries Alloy Boost pipes | Hybrid Turbo | 30% Nozzles | K&N Air Filter
    Fuel Injection Technology ECU Tune

-2009 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 TD 4x4 MT

Maputo, Mozambique

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heikeedwin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by heikeedwin View Post
    I personally like pajero Sport. Good choice.

Stay away from the Everest if you’re looking for reliability.
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am on my third 2.2 T6 from work. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Ranger! BUT, I've seen and heard waaay too many horror stories of the Fords to consider one. Also had TERRIBLE costumer...ummm... 'not-service' from Ford. Both dealerships I dealt with in the past are useless. U S E L E S S
    Last edited by Clouder; 2020/06/16 at 12:48 PM.
    André Jordaan

Quote Originally Posted by Clouder View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am on my third 2.2 T6 from work. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Ranger! BUT, I've seen and heard waaay too many horror stories of the Fords to consider one.
    Yes I understand, I own a 3.2 Bt50 so same here. I love it but I get stressed every time I need to take a long trip, haha

If I’d buy a SUV would definitely be the pajero Sport, 4x4 tho as I’m from Mozambique and I enjoy exploring new places here.
    Heike Pinto,

- 2014 Mazda BT-50 3.2TD 4x4 AT
    3" Exhaust | iDrive | HDi Intercooler Upgrade | Forefront Industries Alloy Boost pipes | Hybrid Turbo | 30% Nozzles | K&N Air Filter
    Fuel Injection Technology ECU Tune

-2009 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 TD 4x4 MT

Maputo, Mozambique

I don't think the PS resale will ever be as good as the Fortuner. Resale on 4x2 in general is poor compared to a 4x4. Most people who buy 4x2's regret not getting the 4x2 at some stage.

Personally I prefer the PS to the Fortuner. Look at service cost difference between the two as well. Mitsubishi parts more difficult to source than Toyota due to dealer network and sales volume.
    2020 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), 2019 FJ Cruiser, Bush Lapa ?, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    I don't think the PS resale will ever be as good as the Fortuner. Resale on 4x2 in general is poor compared to a 4x4. Most people who buy 4x2's regret not getting the 4x2 at some stage.

Personally I prefer the PS to the Fortuner. Look at service cost difference between the two as well. Mitsubishi parts more difficult to source than Toyota due to dealer network and sales volume.
    Thanks!

Yes, but compared to the Everest, the PS wins on resale again. And yes, jeeeez those Fortuners has epic resale! Also, ja, I hear you, but honestly I don't see any reason why I would ever need a 4x4. Also, servicing shouldn't be an issue as I will still have service plan with the vehicle. I hear you on parts though!
    Last edited by Clouder; 2020/06/16 at 12:54 PM.
    André Jordaan

I think Mitsubishi build excellent vehicle and no problems with their designs but the problems with parts and back up from the distributors in SA I think is killing them. Ihad a client with one that was in an accident and the tailgate was supplied to the panelbeaters more than 4 months later and he was without a vehicle because the rental unit's time ran out. He even told me it was the panelbeaters fault and he will arrange it through his contact at the dealer within a week. No such luck

2016 Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4 Dc
    2010 Conqueror Compact 2

The PS was our second choice after the Wrangler. Nuff said.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Hi,
    I have also been yearning for the New Pajero...most YouTube clips , especially the guys from Ozz have a comparison breakdown... most times the Paj wins !!
    From my experience with my 2.5 PJS Mitsubishi came to the party when I had trouble( full engine replacement and had wiring done as well - all free)
    Mitsubishi SA are bringing in a few new models so I reckon the sales/service will also be notched up.
    The resale on ANY car is no good... so don't pay the premium price so to "save" on resale later ...

I have enjoyed my PJS and will be upgrading to the 2.4 later...

One thing... with the new 2020 model coming soon, the dealer has reduced the NEW price quite a lot....R554,000 brand new ( Cardeals SA )

also looked at the everest and the fortuner...would still go for the PAJ

Enjoy

Regards
    Mikealan

Quote Originally Posted by Clouder View Post
    Hi Guys.

I am currently looking to buy a 2019 PS 4X2 with around 20 000Km on the clock.

I am most likely to buy before Friday if everything goes according to plan.

NOW. I don't require a 4x4 hence I am buying a 4x2. I have been yearning to have a SUV (for my family of 4) for years and I have been looking at all of them.

When it comes to a complete package that includes: 1)value for money, 2)resale value, 3)fuel efficiency, 4)space and versatility, I personally think between the PS, Fortuner and Everest, the PS offers the most. I drove it twice and I love it.

I want to ask you guys an honest question.. Am I making a mistake by buying this vehicle? Should I rather look at Everest or Fortuner or maye even ? Is my excitement clouding my judgement or am I making the right choice by going for the PS?

My worry is that I don't see many of them, I don't see many people talking (nor forums) about them. Why are they not as popular as the other two?
    The reason why they're not mentioned on the forum is because they never break!
    Go look at the KIA forum, same story...They don't give problems....

Unfortunately one never goes to a forum to tell everybody how happy one is with a car, only when there's problems.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewLandy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    The reason why they're not mentioned on the forum is because they never break!
    Go look at the KIA forum, same story...They don't give problems....

Unfortunately one never goes to a forum to tell everybody how happy one is with a car, only when there's problems.
    True, that
    André Jordaan

Quote Originally Posted by mikealan View Post
    Hi,
    I have also been yearning for the New Pajero...most YouTube clips , especially the guys from Ozz have a comparison breakdown... most times the Paj wins !!
    From my experience with my 2.5 PJS Mitsubishi came to the party when I had trouble( full engine replacement and had wiring done as well - all free)
    Mitsubishi SA are bringing in a few new models so I reckon the sales/service will also be notched up.
    The resale on ANY car is no good... so don't pay the premium price so to "save" on resale later ...

I have enjoyed my PJS and will be upgrading to the 2.4 later...

One thing... with the new 2020 model coming soon, the dealer has reduced the NEW price quite a lot....R554,000 brand new ( Cardeals SA )

also looked at the everest and the fortuner...would still go for the PAJ

Enjoy

Regards
    Mikealan
    Thanks for your reply!

Ja, that 2.4 8 speed auto has me dreamin about it every night..... Yes, I'm not considering a new one at the moment as I don't want to be the one who has to absorb that initial knock in the resale.. If I can get a 2nd hand one with 25-ish 000 on the clock and save 100-ish K on the price, I'm a happy camper!
    André Jordaan

I see parts backup and dealer network are mentioned a lot when it comes to Mitsubishi.

I've been driving my Pajero for a couple if years now and never struggled to find parts for it in the past. We had a minor bumper bashing about 2 years ago and at the time I thought here it comes, months without a car to get the replacement bumper (because everybody says parts are a big problem).

Two weeks down the line the brand new bumper (imported from Japan) was at the panel beater ready for installation. Full lock set, same story, two weeks and I received the parts (panel beater broke the ignition). So yes if you sit there out in the sticks there might not be a dealer on your doorstep but there are still 52 dealers across South Africa.

To put that in perspective: there are 38 Honda, 44 Audi, 47 Mazda, 58 BMW and 55 Mercedes dealers in SA. Does that prevent people from buying these cars? No certainly not.

The only manufacturers with more than a 100 (but all less than 200) dealers are Ford, Hyundai, Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota and Volkswagen.
    Last edited by Tom13; 2020/06/16 at 02:35 PM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:

Ongelukkig breek hulle ook.
    En as hulle breek, is hul parte onkoopbaar duur. Maar die duur parte is nie die probleem. Ook nie die dealer network. Grootste probleem is dat niemand hul parte stock nie.

5 verskillende goed wat ek gesoek bet by dealers. Elke keer selfde antwoord. No stock. Ex Japan. 3-6 maande wagperiode.

Sorry, maar hulle sal hul partr backup moet verbeter. Hoe de phok vat dit 3 maande vir n part om hier te kom. En dit was pre lock down...
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    En as hulle breek, is hul parte onkoopbaar duur. Maar die duur parte is nie die probleem. Ook nie die dealer network. Grootste probleem is dat niemand hul parte stock nie.

5 verskillende goed wat ek gesoek bet by dealers. Elke keer selfde antwoord. No stock. Ex Japan. 3-6 maande wagperiode.

Sorry, maar hulle sal hul partr backup moet verbeter. Hoe de phok vat dit 3 maande vir n part om hier te kom. En dit was pre lock down...
    Wanneer was hierdie en op watter voertuig? Mitsu parte was 'n nagmerrie in die verlede, maar ekt ondervind dat dit baie verbeter het onlangs. Tans my oom se Triton met net onder R100k se skade in my shop, en zero issues met parte.
    Current: 2013 Honda Insight Hybrid CVT
    Ex:
    2005 Volvo XC70 2.5T Geartronic

SWAMBO: 2011 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Geartronic

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kix For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post

Dis hoekom ek bitter min die agente gebruik.

Voer in. DHL express. 7 dae. Goedkoper.

Bygese my 280'000km pajero het in laaste jaar net dienste, diesel, brieke, belde en SCV gekos. Kan nie daaroor kla nie.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    Wanneer was hierdie en op watter voertuig? Mitsu parte was 'n nagmerrie in die verlede, maar ekt ondervind dat dit baie verbeter het onlangs. Tans my oom se Triton met net onder R100k se skade in my shop, en zero issues met parte.
    Vanaf november 2019 tot einde mei 2020.
    3.2 did pajero gen 4

En sommer nou nogName:  IMG_1235.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  181.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post

Bygese my 280'000km pajero het in laaste jaar net dienste, diesel, brieke, belde en SCV gekos. Kan nie daaroor kla nie.
    Probleem is seker as jou voertuig onder waarborg is, gaan die Mitsu dealer dit nie waardeer as jy 'namens' hulle parte invoer nie.
    Current: 2013 Honda Insight Hybrid CVT
    Ex:
    2005 Volvo XC70 2.5T Geartronic

SWAMBO: 2011 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Geartronic

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post

Dit het ek ook agtergekom.

En jy bevestig nou eintlik net my probleem wat ek het met n Mitsibishi produk.
    Jy sit met parte wat onkoopbaar duur of onbekombaar is.

Of

Jy moet persoonlik jou eie parte van oorsee af invoer. Basies geen produk rugsteun in RSA.

Dit is die probleem van n Pajero/Triton koop.

Nie baie mense het lus om die dag as iets breek, dit self te moet invoer nie.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast