Default 21000 Ranger and Everest Bi-Turbo 10spd Autos Recalled

Honestly hope Ford SA handle this better than the Kuga saga.

Seams like a half day software upgrade to prevent potential failure of fluid pump gears that could leave these vehicles stranded.

Ford Australia spokesman.
    "We are immediately recalling all affected vehicles with customers to update the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software which will address the issue,” said a Ford spokesman.
    “The service required should only take half a day, and customers will be offered courtesy vehicles as part of this recall.
    “Among the customers who have reported this issue with vehicles in service, we are not aware of any related accidents or injuries.”

In the article, link below, there is a list where Australia owners can check out the vin numbers of the effected vehicles.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ecalled-124567
    -Tobie-
    -----------------------------------------------
    '18 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited 4x4 Auto
    '17 Ford Kuga 1.5T Trend Auto
    '18 Jurgens XT65B

Default Re: 21000 Ranger and Everest Bi-Turbo 10spd Autos Recalled

10 speed biturbos in 2017

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    10 speed biturbos in 2017
    Looks like production started late 2017. I talk under correction but I have read somewhere that Rangers/Everest sold in Australia are being built in Thailand.

*quote from article* The recall affects 15,924 MY2017-2019 Ford Ranger vehicles built between December 19, 2017 and October 15, 2019 (check if your VIN is listed here) and 5044 MY2018-2019 Everest vehicles built between May 30, 2018 and October 16, 2019.

I've seen a few issues being reported here on forum by 10spd auto owners, so the fact that the problem have been identified is great.

The way it will be handled by Ford Australia seems great, but we know Ford SA have got a tendency to sit back and wait for these problems to go away.
    Last edited by TJWM; 2020/06/06 at 05:23 AM.
    -Tobie-
    '18 Jurgens XT65B

This happened to a friend of mine 3 weeks ago, his Ranger had 9000km on the clock, Ford replaced the gearbox under warranty
    George Moustakis
    Disco 4 XS

This is correct, mine is going this week for software upgrade.
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Sold
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    This is correct, mine is going this week for software upgrade.
    Mine also went for a software upgrade - now waiting on new gearbox replacemwnt- 6000km
    DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY NEW THINGS - AFTERALL THE TITANIC WAS BUILT BY PROFESSIONALS, THE ARK BY AMATEURS

2011 DEFENDER 130 2.4 PUMA
    2012 DEFENDER 90 2.2 PUMA

Quote Originally Posted by TJWM View Post
    Honestly hope Ford SA handle this better than the Kuga saga.

Seams like a half day software upgrade to prevent potential failure of fluid pump gears that could leave these vehicles stranded.

Ford Australia spokesman.
    "We are immediately recalling all affected vehicles with customers to update the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software which will address the issue,” said a Ford spokesman.
    “The service required should only take half a day, and customers will be offered courtesy vehicles as part of this recall.
    “Among the customers who have reported this issue with vehicles in service, we are not aware of any related accidents or injuries.”

In the article, link below, there is a list where Australia owners can check out the vin numbers of the effected vehicles.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ecalled-124567

We are at the Kuga saga already. I bought Ford Ranger Wildtrak in November 2019, currently at 50000km on the clock. I experienced mechanical breakdown on Saturday morning. The bakkie came to an immediate stop on N1 without giving any warning. It only displayed an orange spanner with a notification for overheating transmission. It referred me to check on the manual for what the problem could be and there was nothing on the manual with such a warning sign. The car could engage on gears but couldn't move. I called Ford Road Assist and they towed the car to the nearest dealer. I was not issued with a courtesy car and Ford said it was not responsible as to how I get home at the time.

My main concern here is the fact that my car displayed the same symptoms as those that led to Australia recalling all its Ranger and Everest Bi-Turbo.
    My million dollar question is why did Ford RSA not recalled these cars and replace the parts like Australia did? Why do they wait for their clients to be so inconvenienced before they could act? I find the behaviour of Ford to be consistent with how they behaved with the Kuga debacle. They really don't care about their clients and their wellbeing.

They claim that they have done the software update for the Transmission Control Module (TMC) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM). However the issue is not with the software update, but with a defective continental pump.

I have never in my entire driving life experienced a mechanical breakdown with a 'new' car. I am a very disappointed ford client

Very bad by Ford motor company SA.

I love the Ford vehicles on offer, but just hate the way they respond to these type of issues.
    -Tobie-
    '18 Jurgens XT65B