Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16V Td Poor Acceleration - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16V Td Poor Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by LR Disco 2 View Post
    I've had the turbo overhauled. There is oil in my intake manifold. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there
    There should not be oil in your intake/boost pipes, oil sweat is ok, but if you find it wet with oil, thats a problem. Not saying that is your problem for power loss but especially after you re-conned the turbo, no oil should be in intake/boost pipes. Oil seals are leaking, I believe you spoke about white smoke somewhere on idle.....oil seals of the turbo.

Default Re: Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16V Td Poor Acceleration

Howzit going guys. I thought I'd give you all an update. I cleaned out the intake side of things as well as the egr. Both weren't dirty at all. So all the little things are done. Boost pipes replaced, catalytic converter done, egr cleaned, intake cleaned, standard service done.

I then gave Graham, from G-Tech, a call and the best advice he could give me was to take my bakkie to Dastek so that they can run diagnostics on the dyno and then we take it from there. He also said that these engines give a world of problems once passing 175 000km. So it might end up being a costly repair.

Once again, thanks for all the input. I really do appreciate it. I'll give you guys an update after I get her diagnosed on the dyno.
    2001 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 +/- 253 000km
    2004 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16V Td +/- 244 000km

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2