Ford Ranger Tyres





Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 2

    Default Ford Ranger Tyres

    Hey all,

    So this morning found my tire completely flat, on inspection the tire is chipped very badly.
    Now i dont know if this is due to age as there is still a lot of thread left on the tires, and got them with the bakkie when i bought it.

    Now i am looking at getting new tires, what are good tires for the ranger ?
    Would prefer AT and if the tires are not to expensive maybe even a MT.

    Lastly i am also considering changing the mags, to maybe a black rhino mags or a A-Line Hazzard mags, anyone with some
    experience on these or know of someone that would like to sell ?

    Regards
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanked: 987

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    I don't see any chipping?
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Will take some photos tomorrow of the chipping.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,302
    Thanked: 162

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    I am experiencing the same with my coopers in the first time after buying them in 7 years.
    After bringing the matter to there attention I was advised as per below. So it will be my last set of Coopers. Typical from the Manufacturer.
    The Tyre has experienced turn up ply separation. This is caused by one or more of the following: Excessive load, underinflation, impact damage, improper bead seating / mounting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_114416_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	574534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_114318_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	574535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_114333_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	574536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200518_141439_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	574537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_114347_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	574538  

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Below are some photos of the chips, some of them i can stick my entire finger in.

    I have ordered a set of A-Line Hazard rims (some of the best customer service i have received).
    And a set of ACHILLES, DESERT HAWK X-MT, 285/70 R17, this should all arive in next week.


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire 1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	494.1 KB 
ID:	574539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire 2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	413.9 KB 
ID:	574540  

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanked: 987

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewpit View Post
    Below are some photos of the chips, some of them i can stick my entire finger in.

    I have ordered a set of A-Line Hazard rims (some of the best customer service i have received).
    And a set of ACHILLES, DESERT HAWK X-MT, 285/70 R17, this should all arive in next week.


    If you do rocky trails, that kind of damage is par for the course. I would not even be concerned. My tires look FAR worse than that.
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanked: 987

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    I am experiencing the same with my coopers in the first time after buying them in 7 years.
    After bringing the matter to there attention I was advised as per below. So it will be my last set of Coopers. Typical from the Manufacturer.
    The Tyre has experienced turn up ply separation. This is caused by one or more of the following: Excessive load, underinflation, impact damage, improper bead seating / mounting.
    After 7 years, tires have done their bit. In some parts of the world, running on tires older than that is illegal.
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,302
    Thanked: 162

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post
    After 7 years, tires have done their bit. In some parts of the world, running on tires older than that is illegal.
    Hi Peter
    The 7years I am refering to is supporting the brand these set are only a year and 8 month old.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post
    If you do rocky trails, that kind of damage is par for the course. I would not even be concerned. My tires look FAR worse than that.
    That is just from normal driving, no rocky trails.
    Will keep these as a spare in any case.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewpit For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Ford Ranger Tyres

    So this is what the bakkie is looking like now, lift kit will also be fitted this week.
    Very happy with the outcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakkie 1.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	653.4 KB 
ID:	575011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bakkie 2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	636.6 KB 
ID:	575012  

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewpit For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •