The Jimny Wave

Thread: The Jimny Wave

Lightbulb The Jimny Wave

Just a note to all the new shape Jimny owners. There's an unwritten rule that you have to wave/greet/thumbs up/acknowledge another Jimny/SJ. We've been doing it for years, now that you've finally joined our club we kindly ask that you reciprocate the gesture. Be lekker.

GV's sometimes return the wave, and the box shape Vitara's of yester year usually also do. Tannie's never do, but the Oom always does. (he bought the car for himself anyway, whether he says it's is wife's car or not.)
    Last edited by Professional_Weekender; 2020/06/03 at 10:34 AM.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Professional_Weekender For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The Jimny Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Professional_Weekender View Post
    Just a note to all the new shape Jimny owners. There's an unwritten rule that you have to wave/greet/thumbs up/acknowledge another Jimny/SJ. We've been doing it for years, now that you've finally joined our club we kindly ask that you reciprocate the gesture. Be lekker.

GV's sometimes return the wave, and the box shape Vitara's of yester year usually also do. Tannie's never do, but the Oom always does. (he bought the car for himself anyway, whether he says it's is wife's car or not.)
    New jimny drivers look at you funny when you wave at them.. Here and there some get it.
    I have had Landrover owners wave at me.. Dunno if they where just happy cause there is something else on the road they can also overtake with a very long down hill with wind at their backs...

I wave to some jimnys and Gvs.
    But very little wave back.
    2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6, Still Stock. Only upgraded the headlights and fog lights. Osram CBI d2s bulbs, clear lens. With the fog's I retrofitted BMW X5 Led Fogs into the std Suzuki fog lights.

SOLD
    2010 Suzuki Jimny with 215/75 R15 Maxxis Mud's, GIZ fiberglass snorkel, GIZ brake line extenders, GIZ 3" Suspension Kit, Bonnet,Light and Window guard, Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights, Custom Bumper, Front Diff Protector, T-Case Protector, Radial arm cup protectors, Steering Damper and smash and grab.

Haha Sounds like my dad. He has the new Jimny and is a Landy man so he spends a lot of time waving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearl3SS View Post
    New jimny drivers look at you funny when you wave at them.. Here and there some get it.
    I have had Landrover owners wave at me.. Dunno if they where just happy cause there is something else on the road they can also overtake with a very long down hill with wind at their backs...

Hi, I am the dad and do wave but don't get as much reply wave as i do when in my Defender.

Also noticed a lot of the new gen don't wave, I guess some of us take more out of owning a vehicle than others.

My girlfriend was driving the SX4, and got a funny look when she waved at a Jimny, it took her a little while to figure out why.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts