Fishing allowed for those who love it on level 3 lockdown! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fishing allowed for those who love it on level 3 lockdown!

post office just your fishing licience

NATIONAL NEWS - Hunting, self-drive visits to private or public game reserves and national parks, as well as recreational fishing in estuaries (not beaches) are among the activities the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries has included in the directions under the Covid-19 Lockdown Level 3.
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

were you seing you cant fish off the beach ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    I have a 3 small dam close to my house which only gets used by residents around our area, no fences type of place and I want to go fishing there this Saturday. Am I allowed now or must I wait upon a government to mention "fishing allowed again" before I can venture there? Its going to be hard to police this especially since exercise is basically open and these dams are very hidden.
    Yes you can, but you need your fresh water license (i think that is the "permit" they are referring to), post office sommer. Everyone is happy as crap, however you're still not allowed to travel inter-provincial for recreation purposes. So for us Vaalies, who like to fish the vaaldam in the States, it's still out of the question. Only inter provincial.

Same with hunting, you're allowed to hunt, but how do you cross provincial borders? It's still up in the air me thinks, if they grant permits for recreational sports, then the entire country will get them and move as normal again. I think best is to wait for the gazette.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Yes you can, but you need your fresh water license (i think that is the "permit" they are referring to), post office sommer. Everyone is happy as crap, however you're still not allowed to travel inter-provincial for recreation purposes. So for us Vaalies, who like to fish the vaaldam in the States, it's still out of the question. Only inter provincial.

Same with hunting, you're allowed to hunt, but how do you cross provincial borders? It's still up in the air me thinks, if they grant permits for recreational sports, then the entire country will get them and move as normal again. I think best is to wait for the gazette.
    So I don't expect that we'll be allowed to hunt or fish across borders.
    The question remains, are we allowed to hunt/fish across metro/district borders?? The regulations don't specify at all. It's all up in the air right now
    2018 Ranger DC 2.2 XLS Auto 4x4

Canon 5DMkIV with L-goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtber View Post
    So I don't expect that we'll be allowed to hunt or fish across borders.
    The question remains, are we allowed to hunt/fish across metro/district borders?? The regulations don't specify at all. It's all up in the air right now
    The rule is quite simple.... You are allowed to do anything with the required permits. So we know that you are allowed to hunt, but if you want to hunt in Namaqua Land, but you stay in Nelspruit, you will need to get a travel permit.

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    The rule is quite simple.... You are allowed to do anything with the required permits. So we know that you are allowed to hunt, but if you want to hunt in Namaqua Land, but you stay in Nelspruit, you will need to get a travel permit.
    We'd have to await the gazette on that in my opinion - the current one says no cross-travel except for (the list is specified in the gazette). Sport and Hunting/fishing is not in that list.
    2018 Ranger DC 2.2 XLS Auto 4x4

Canon 5DMkIV with L-goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtber View Post
    We'd have to await the gazette on that in my opinion - the current one says no cross-travel except for (the list is specified in the gazette). Sport and Hunting/fishing is not in that list.
    correct, only travel permits currently is for work, funeral, relocation (moving) and kids going to parents if I recall?

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    correct, only travel permits currently is for work, funeral, relocation (moving) and kids going to parents if I recall?
    And essential services and maintenance.. Like fish tagging and population research... Population control of fish species... Farm stock control and species management, grazing preservation and management, by managing farm stock to limit overgrazing.....

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Quote Originally Posted by reebok View Post
    Volgens Munisipale Bestuurder, Mosselbaai, is toegang tot strande verbode.
    Rekreasie-vissers word nie op strande toegelaat.
    Ek gaan Donderdag hengel,of Blombos of Vermaaklikheid maar ek sal beslis gaan
    2017 Hilux 2.4 SRX D/C 4x4 2012 Cross Polo [mamma s'n]

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558867451ncpSPZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2