GD6 DC front and rear clearance

Default GD6 DC front and rear clearance

Hi all,

I'm in Namibia running a 2008 Hilux 3.0 DC, nothing special just a decent bash plate, bilstein 5100s and some new front springs from supreme springs. Gets me everywhere so far.

I'm eyeing a few 2016/2017 2.4 GD6's on the market. I do mostly tar with bits of gravel, and maybe a harder trip every 3-4 months, nothing pro technical, messing around in Damaraland valleys, Khaudum, but not gentle on the bakkie either (though I'm not taking my own vehicle to Marienfluss again).

I drive a GD6 for work sometimes and its great on tar and gravel. However a friend told me the front and rear clearance have not been good for him off-road, prompting him to blast N$30,000 or so on front and rear bush bumpers. I don't want to do that.

Would appreciate any views for people who've done riverbeds and rocky stuff in a GD6.

Cheers,
    Ben

Default Re: GD6 DC front and rear clearance

Not me but my son. He have done a few trips with his GD6. I do not think clearance is a problem. Good set of sliders will take you far.
    The steps on the GD6 are easily damaged

https://www.facebook.com/pierrebugge...78162200/?t=10
    Last edited by grips; 2020/06/20 at 07:48 AM.
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grips For This Useful Post:

Clearance on the 2.4 Gd6 dc not really a problem.Rear bumper is flimsy.Running boards’ clips holding the plastic covers are often damaged BUT the cheapest and most affordable mod for me is front coilspring spacers and rear extended shackles. Can be done for less than N$ 5000.
    Swakopmunder

Clearance is fine on a standard GD6.Just watch your towbar when exiting a steep gully. I normally remove the detachable part - would probably be an issue on any standard double cab. I fitted rocksliders as the standard sidesteps will not protect your vehicle. I have done Kaokoland including van Zyls and the riverbeds with stock suspension without any damage. Suspension travel could be improved as mentioned.
    Riaan

2.8 GD6 AT 4x4 DC
    BL 466

Thanks for your replies guys, thats helpful to know and good news.