Ford & Mazda Suspension upgrade

Question Suspension upgrade

Hi,
    I have a double cab ranger 2.2 with 133000 km. We recently travelled through the extremely bumpy deep sandy tracks of Khadum NP in Namibia... about 300 km. I knew the front suspension became a bit weak after installing a steel bumper with a winch. Now it definitely needs upgrade. At the back I have air balloons above the springs and that is great. As a photographer I like to be able to go anywhere but I don't play with my car. I have a budget but not too big. Also, I live in windhoek but could eventually buy in SA if better option and price. What can you recommend?
    Paul

Default Re: Suspension upgrade

I fitted a Bilstein B8 kit from goldwagen was around R14k 6 months ago. So far they have been great.

I got several quotes from local supplier in Windhoek but I am still hesitating...

1. Supaquick - Gabriel HDP Safari shocks only $7300
    2. SupaQuick - IronMan front coils & shocks $13890
    3. Stephan's 4x4 & more - IronMan front coils & shocks $14744
    4. Cymot - OME front coils & shocks $14746
    5. Xterra - Rough Dod front coils, shocks & transmission spacer $16207
    6. Off Road Centre - OME front coils & shocks $17952 (no wheel alignment)

all incl vat, labour & wheel alignment

Iron Man or OME?

I have the OME on my gen2 Pajero, should I change the vehicle the first thing I would get is a new OME system even before the first tank of juice. Went playing with a friend who has the std long wb but with the rear diff lock, mine has the ls diff, mine out performed due to better articulation. Jen regularly has a "dice" with other suvs and klaps them in the corners, the 4l Ford has more power but when it comes to cornering and handling they tap off to the OME. it just keeps the rubber on the road.

The bonus with OME is that they cater for heavier accessories like your bumper by making springs and shocks that can deal with the higher load and still drive on the right height. Mine was done by 4X4 mega as they were/are the importers. My final heights was measured and stored on their computer and I have been back a couple of times to see if there was any notable sag, luckily not so far, that is 16 years of bliss so far
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

I would vote for Tough Dog But I am biased.

I have no experience with Ironman, but general opinion is that it is a harder suspension. Between Ironman and OME I would go for OME.

Before you do anything - have a look at Pedders. 0118033373

Like Tough Dog, they provide foam cell shocks as standard. They've got a good warranty and great performance. They're also cheaper than OME, Tough Dog and IronMan.
    Gavin