2015 GWM steed 5 VGT 2.0 diesel d/c 4x4 front axle actuator/lock

Default 2015 GWM steed 5 VGT 2.0 diesel d/c 4x4 front axle actuator/lock

Hi guys

I am hoping some one can help me. I have a 2015 steed 5 2.0 VGT 4x4 and i posted before that i got stuck and my 4x4 could not get us out.

Now only found that my front axle does not engage. I dont know what you call this thing but some call it a front axle 4wd actuater or a fork shifter. Now this thing locks the tw fornt wheel for 4wd.

Tested mine its faulty and does not shift, also noticed it was opened and tampered with before🤬

Mpd does not stock this also does not know what it is called. Our scrapyards dont have the 4x4 version in stock for spares.

Is there maybe anyone out there that has one or knows where to get one that wont cost me an arm and a leg.

If so, you can let me know via whatsapp on 0609800499 and we can speak from there.

Attached are photos of the "actuator"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200525_155513.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	572999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200525_155506.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	573000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200525_155510.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	573001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200525_160021.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	573002  

Default Re: 2015 GWM steed 5 VGT 2.0 diesel d/c 4x4 front axle actuator/lock

Maybe start with the agents then you will have the name and work from there
    Willie

2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2020 Nissan NP300 2.5TDi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by Steed5lh View Post
    Hi guys

I am hoping some one can help me. I have a 2015 steed 5 2.0 VGT 4x4 and i posted before that i got stuck and my 4x4 could not get us out.

Now only found that my front axle does not engage. I dont know what you call this thing but some call it a front axle 4wd actuater or a fork shifter. Now this thing locks the tw fornt wheel for 4wd.

Tested mine its faulty and does not shift, also noticed it was opened and tampered with before🤬

Mpd does not stock this also does not know what it is called. Our scrapyards dont have the 4x4 version in stock for spares.

Is there maybe anyone out there that has one or knows where to get one that wont cost me an arm and a leg.

If so, you can let me know via whatsapp on 0609800499 and we can speak from there.

Attached are photos of the "actuator"

I would first take it to a very reputable auto electrician or even an electronics expert to open it and check if there is not a loose wire or something else wrong with the "servo' motor that engages the fork.

Maybe just dirty, or something is loose?
    '13 Toyota Hilux 4x4 XCab

I opened it up myself, there is no "timing marks" on how to put the two gears in and i think that is what the guys who tamperd wirh it could not get sorted. I was at the agents already 4 days ago asked for a quote, not even they know what it is called. On ali express they call at an electronic fork shifter.

It will engange but then it goes to far it traps the plastic from the one gear between the twe other gears nk matter how you place them, causing it to lock up and not being able to disengage again.

Had to send through pics to the dealer so they could forward it to another branch for identification and a quote.

Still waiting🤬

Still trying to source one from scrapyards or people stripping a 2.0 VGT but no luck till now still

Ok guys so an update onde this problem of mine.

Took off the actuatir motor, cleaned, bench tested, works fine.

Put it back, it engages 4x4 but does not disengage again, the rear disengages but the front stays locked thus keeping the green 4wd light flashing on the dash and the front fork in 4wd position.

Ok, so tested the wiring, when engagung 4x4 it gives 12v to the motor, no, if and when disengaging its suppose to reverse the polarity on the wiring to reverse the motor, no when trying to disengage, there is no voltage to the motor.

So i traced everything to the front clutch motor "relay box"

Relaced the two relays on the pc board, still the same problem.

So i bought a new relay box, plugged it in today, still the same thing....engaging 4wd but not disengaging on the front axle

When i put direct 12v to the motort it "engages" and when i put negative to the positive point and positive to the negative point (reverse polarity) the motor reverses and disengages perfect.

So now i only have one last thought left that can probably cause this problem, i am now going to replace the speed sensor on the gearbox.

Is there maybe anyone out there that experieced the same problem with their steed 4x4 and can maybe give me some ideas of what else to check?

Ou Gwm does noe even have a computor system to check parts etc nevermind a diagnostics.

I have a delphi diagnostics myself and intermittantly it gives a "speed sensor intermittant" error

So thats whats got me thinking that may be the thing causing my wd to act up.

Any help will be appreciatted and is welcome
    Last edited by Steed5lh; 2020/06/07 at 07:34 PM.