Three new bakkies that could unsettle the cart when they arrive in SA - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Three new bakkies that could unsettle the cart when they arrive in SA

[QUOTE=Bostokkelos;4393953]
    Quote Originally Posted by AZV View Post
    You can grow 100% but if its from a low base it doesn't mean you are shooting the lights out.[/QUO

Haters will hate.. thats true however
    Ok bud, time to move along. No hate my side for Mitsu, I said as much.

Default Re: Three new bakkies that could unsettle the cart when they arrive in SA

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Don’t argue with science. It is a proven scientific fact that sales figures is 100% positively correlated to quality
    Jy stir darem nou lekker en party ouens val daarvoor.

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    The only bakkie of the 3 that will have an impact on future bakkie sales will be the Isuzu. By the look of it Isuzu is returning to its mid 90`s popularity. If not dealer neglected as in the past under the GM banner Isuzu is going to get it a big slice of the cake.

I had 3 Izusu's DC in a row the past till GM took over, was quit satisfied with the vehicle, yes each service there were some small issues but I could lived that. Took me a year to rid of the last Iz, and eventually a Toy dealer traded it in on a hilux. Till now I found no reason the change manufacturer again.
    Last edited by JLK; 2020/05/20 at 12:07 PM.
    Johan Kriel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

The 1.9 tdi is coming yes they boost them hecticly and seen one make 380kws i think mazda will get a boosted version of the 3l since it still makes less than the 3.2tdci before i can see isuzu running the 4jj1 3l for years to come they know what it is capable of in terms power thanx to thailand
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    The jeep looks like the Mahindra......
    I was about to post the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    The problem is that bakkies in ZA are no longer work horses, they're fashion statements, penis extenders or boob enhancers.
    Except a Land Cruiser 70 series. Then this article suggests that pimped up gladiator will compete in that space? Good luck.

I've read about new contenders for years now, but in the end it will be toyota and ford way ahead of the rest. Not that the isuzu or triton is bad bakkies, they are actually very nice.
    Jeep will be hardly be noticed, it will be a status simbole to the same people that like the Mbenz bakkie and the AMG gelade wagon, and it will be priced over a million rand by then.
    So nothing exiting.

Quote Originally Posted by rob wilson View Post
    Except a Land Cruiser 70 series. Then this article suggests that pimped up gladiator will compete in that space? Good luck.
    Yep. A Jeep Gladiator is just as much a fashion statement, it can hardly be considered very practical and certainly not cheap.

I would also just buy an LC70 and be done.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Jelo you are prone to post a lot of ### very often! I bought a Hiux double cab in January. A rather fancy one as double cabs go. It was bought to serve a certain purpose,as all my other vehicles do. But for the life of me, I cannot understand how a double cab bakkie can ever be seen as a fashion statement or to make up for some personal short coming!

I can understand that some people can see a two door sports car or a high peformance hatch back perhaps as a fashion statement, but a double cab? Please! You are just posting nonsense!
    Last edited by Francois Theron; 2020/05/25 at 07:06 PM.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Sweis, it doesn't apply to all. Go tell me a Raptor clone as a daily drive isn't a fashion statement. And methinks you feel the arrow is close to home.
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Jelo you are prone to post a lot of ### very often! I bought a Hiux double cab in January. A rather fancy one as double cabs go. It was bought to serve a certain purpose,as all my other vehicles do. But for the life of me, I cannot understand how a double cab bakkie can ever be seen as a fashion statement or to make up for some personal short coming!

I can understand that some people can see a two door sports car or a high peformance hatch back perhaps as a fashion statement, but a double cab? Please! You are just posting nonsense!
    Maybe he experienced a rare moment of self-reflection

Actually these bakkies can be fashion statements.

Here it's common for young rich guys to pimp a Ranger, Hilux, Navara ,D-max etc with shiny alloys, low profile tyres, silly sound system etc.

Then park them by the 'in vogue' night club.

Much more so than sports cars , since roads here are crap and speed bumps kill low hot hatches .

Also some of them are popular with the 'mums that lunch' for school/gym runs etc...never will they see dirt/work.
    Last edited by tashtego9; 2020/05/26 at 08:35 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tashtego9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tashtego9 View Post
    Actually these bakkies can be fashion statements.

Here it's common for young rich guys to pimp a Ranger, Hilux, Navara ,D-max etc with shiny alloys, low profile tyres, silly sound system etc.

Then park them by the 'in vogue' night club.

Much more so than sports cars , since roads here are crap and speed bumps kill low hot hatches .

Also some of them are popular with the 'mums that lunch' for school/gym runs etc...never will they see dirt/work.

Well, maybe not the "rich" guys, but rather the crowd with different spending priorities, on shiny mags, decals, bonnet scoops, etc. ?

Or otherwise, people "pimping" with roof racks, spades, sand tracks, gas bottles, etc. all day and every day of the year

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Well, maybe not the "rich" guys, but rather the crowd with different spending priorities, on shiny mags, decals, bonnet scoops, etc. ?

Or otherwise, people "pimping" with roof racks, spades, sand tracks, gas bottles, etc. all day and every day of the year
    Yep, you get it.
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Yep, you get it.

Tiny Tôttie?

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Tiny Tôttie?
    Miniscule.
    Percivamus

Hi Guys and Girls.
    These new models will always be there as in the past. Its a war out there between the manufactures to up their sales. Competition has and always will be a good thing. In SA i think they will struggle to get to the Hilux an Ranger figures. Just my 2 cents on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisXander View Post
    Saffers doesn't like small motors, especially in trokkies.

It is apparently a very successful motor. But even in the diesel Duster i had, towing brought the diesel consumption of the 1.5dci down to 10km/l....

Ai lieffie dis Vee Uit.

If the 21st century's idea of a knight in shining armor is a Toyota with a snorkel, mankind is doomed.

Default uality Re: Three new bakkies that could unsettle the cart when they arrive in SA

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Define "QUALITY"
    About thirty four years ago there was an American company in Rivonia, who promoted a quality regime for companies. They were called The Quality College and sold their concept as an orientation course to a lot of major companies, from manufacturing to services.

They defined quality as "Conformance to Client Requirements". For example, a Rolls Royce conforming to its owner's requirements is a quality product, wheras a 60 year old Morris Minor conforming to its owner's requirements is also a quality product. In terms of their thinking quality is therefore not measured by comparing different brands objectively and placing a value or score on features or abilities, but rather by considering owner wants, needs, desires and what the product is required to do for them.

This goes hand in hand with the philosophy that clients buy products not for what they are, but for what they do.

In any event, heavens knows what the post Covid 19 exchange rate will do to the price of eg. the Jeep.
    Last edited by Poen; 2020/06/01 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    Youth is such a wonderful thing - what a pity it is being wasted on the young.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4