Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread





Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 129

    Default Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Hi guys,

    I thought i would create a mods thread for the Commander as i know there is one for the Companion but nothing specific for the Commander.

    So let me start

    1. First Mod i did was a simple one, installed 2 cargo nets into the side panels as you enter the door, was a quick R200 mod and i use it to keep my kesy and wallet etc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17f4e1a8-5f30-4769-bc7c-fb1241a45d7f.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	484506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dffdfc6a-5c8b-4ff6-a94e-421f3070f7ef.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	484507

    2. Second one was a TV for my kids for the Winter Camps, we actually camp a lot in Winter and need an option to keep them entertained if it buckets down. The TV was just over R1000 and the bracket was R750 as its completely removable and swivels on 3 axis. While installing the TV, we added a 220V multiplug into the cupboard where it is sotred when not in use next to the bracket, all told just over R2000 invested....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc1b7e7d-55b5-40dc-8002-9704e30b4e6a.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	484508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deff9d32-493c-46a2-8258-0b5435b7f5d0.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	484509

    3. Third mod was my most expensive and ambitious, installed a Roof Mounted Dometic Aircon, which meant i needed to mod the roof to open Horizontally as the AirCon cant operate at an angle. All work was done by Conquer WC and cost was close on a lot , however worth every cent in my eyes, as it keeps us cool in the ridiculous summer heat during the Cederberg nights, while keeping the kids warm in the caravan during those cold mid winter nights. We now do not have a camping season, we camp comfortably all year around.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof1.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	484510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof2.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	484511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	484512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon2.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	484513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon3.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	484514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon4.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	484515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon5.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	484516


    These mods are outside the normal ones that you can do via the dealership like stabiliser legs etc.

    Let us know what you have done to your Commander, we know all campers love to steal with our eyes
    Last edited by Acydebyte; 2018/04/09 at 12:06 PM.
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 129

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Oh yes, also had an adjustable pole made, which i use when i put on the nose cone side kitchen wall, i use the pole to adjust the tension on the 2 poles that keep the wall upright, dont have a photo of it though.
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    131
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    2015 Ford 3.2 4x4 Auto
    2012 Conqueror Companion

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 129

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    Nope, just 220V running it off 12V would need an inverter and extra batteries
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Edenvale, 1610
    Age
    66
    Posts
    196
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post
    Nope, just 220V running it off 12V would need an inverter and extra batteries
    I am sure 12V TV's are available.
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 4 Litre
    Conquerer Courage
    KTM 690 Enduro R

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 129

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Yip, i believe you can get them but at R1000 this TV was at the right price, i imagine a 12V TV would be much more expensive and honestly its only used in the very middle of winter when the kids really cant play outside.....
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    181
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Some mods on my 2007 Commander:
    Bought with:
    1. 9000 BTU Inverter Aircon - considering moving the indoor unit to the middle in front of the back cabinet. Weight will be a huge issue.
    2.

    Mods I made:
    1. Spare wheel bracket
    2. Tap for washing
    3. Upgraded shocks & coils
    4. Dish drying rack
    5. Removable Ewiks
    6. Replaced the table under the rear bed with a flat Aluminium build thing so that table can stay outside and still can use the double bed.
    7. Alububble under front bed and in scullery door (next will be on the roof)

    Have some more ideas up my sleeve, need to get time to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	484654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kraan 2.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	484655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rak_1.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	484656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spaar wiel 1.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	484657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	484658  

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaco_n For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 129

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jaco_n View Post
    Some mods on my 2007 Commander:
    Bought with:
    1. 9000 BTU Inverter Aircon - considering moving the indoor unit to the middle in front of the back cabinet. Weight will be a huge issue.
    2.

    Mods I made:
    1. Spare wheel bracket
    2. Tap for washing
    3. Upgraded shocks & coils
    4. Dish drying rack
    5. Removable Ewiks
    6. Replaced the table under the rear bed with a flat Aluminium build thing so that table can stay outside and still can use the double bed.
    7. Alububble under front bed and in scullery door (next will be on the roof)

    Have some more ideas up my sleeve, need to get time to do it.
    4. I need to do the Dish Drying Rack as well, looks like a great mod
    7. I did something similar but i just bought an extra outside table so now i have 2 and can keep the double bed and use the other one outside, your idea is great though
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Langebaan
    Age
    46
    Posts
    154
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Graag deel ek my mods met julle.

    1. Ek het die mat vervang met n rubbermat, maak baie maklik skoon en kan uit gehaal word.
    2. Ek het handvatsels weerskante agter op wa se hoeke gemonteer om met rondskuif te help.
    3. Die geyser het ek van sy uitrek laai verwyder en hom hang plek teen die nosecone se deur gegee. Hy word los geberg in n ripstopseil cover en as ek hom gebruik word hy uit cover gehaal aan deur gehang. Die deur word groot oop of kleiner toe te gemaak om wind te keer.
    4. Die gasbottels het ek teen die teenoor gestelde kant geskuif en net genoeg plek gelos sodat die geyser tussen hulle en die deur as hy toe is geberg kan word in sy cover.
    Dit gee my nou baie berg plek vir ander goed soos opvou tafels stoele 3 pootpot ens.
    5. Het ook die inhaam in die dubbelbed “verwyder” met n invoegsel van plywood sodat n man se voete nie afhang nie......ook natuurlik die matras opgegradeer. Dis nou n volwaardige “king size bed” wat vrek lekker slaap.
    6. Het n werkslig agter bo die spaarwiel gemonteer. Die wa het van dieselfde ligte reg rondom wat ek so laat monteer het toe ek hom gekoop het.
    7. Het ook leesligte 12 volt aan beide kante van die agterste kas gemonteer met n plug onder elkeen.

    Hoop dit maak sin.

    Groetnis!😉
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C204F75-5C29-411F-A7EE-0D92D9506D41.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	485633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C969857-4CC0-452F-8E1E-1D739F17C123.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	485634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C5B56008-DF79-49AF-B35C-0E8A6BB8983E.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	485635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3265CD34-FA67-4B0B-8547-B4B3E89F711F.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	485636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF875DC1-2861-49EC-AC9C-1D8E86CABBBF.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	485637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	991DE2DB-10B3-42BB-8E0F-2AE9303A96C8.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	485638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BFDDCB0A-957F-4A69-B78D-202CF017345F.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	485639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1CA43114-789D-4B46-A9E0-144AB6981EF6.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	485640  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DB1E1E0-38B6-4579-8C84-30909BE2E0C8.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	485641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16227CEC-533A-4451-8CC3-4547FB969854.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	485642  
    Carel Pieterse

    2015 Toyota Hilux Legend 45 D/C 4x4 D4D
    2015 Toyota Prado VX D4D
    2016 Sprite Tourer SP
    2019 Conqueror Comfort Platinum

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    centurion
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 3

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Ek hou van die geyser wat jy geskuif het maak baie sin.
    Marius
    Toyota Prado 3.0 D4D
    Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D(sold)
    Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D(sold)
    Conqueror Commander
    Conqueror Supra(sold)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to msdip For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,344
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,344
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:
    Extended the nosecone. This made a huge difference on our trip to Namibia:


    Install filtration on the breather pipes:


    Extra Spare-wheel on the nose for over borders. Still have one at the back.

    Novilon floors and table:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    42
    Posts
    140
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:
    Where exactly did you fit the extra batteries?
    Hennie Grobler

    1985 FJ45 Land Cruiser
    2008Prado 4Lt V6 (120 series)
    2015 Nissan NV200 Combi
    2007 Conqueor Commander

    FJ45 project; http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...52#post2888052

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,344
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Groblehh View Post
    Where exactly did you fit the extra batteries?
    Just behind the two wheel arches:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    65
    Posts
    72
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    I have Conqueror Commander 2007 totally upgraded.
    I am not getting younger but intend to use the commander for a few more years.
    Sometimes it is a battle when you have to set up or break down on your own.
    This is what I intend to do:
    1. Fit 360 square back and front awning from Bush Teck .
    - This will make setting up easy especially over front double bed where you must climb up to set the fly sheet.
    2. Use a pop up shower cubicle.
    3. Fit ewics caravan movers.
    4. Fit fixed shower head with fixed pipes.
    5. Fit fixed tap at wash basins.
    6. Fix taps at rear with wash up table.
    7. Now the one that I just dont know how to do.
    - Setting up the front double bed and breaking it down is heavy lifting when you get older.
    - I am looking at some or other system with either gas lifts or a winch
    has any body done this.
    We never take a wrong decision on purpose - at the time we think it is the right one.
    - 2004 Disco 2 TD 5
    - Conqueror Commander 2007
    - 2011 Fortuner d4d auto 4x4 - Sold
    - 1996 Defender 300tdi hardtop on genuine 97000 km - Sold
    - 1990 Syncro V6 3.4 with Dictator management - Sold
    - 2001 Toyota 2.7 4 x 4 now 0n 435000 engine redone on 430000 ( Now my sons)
    - 2003 MB 180 Kompressor now on 196000 (Donated to scrap yard)
    - Echo 5 (Sold)
    - LML

  24. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Germiston
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post
    Hi guys,

    I thought i would create a mods thread for the Commander as i know there is one for the Companion but nothing specific for the Commander.

    So let me start

    1. First Mod i did was a simple one, installed 2 cargo nets into the side panels as you enter the door, was a quick R200 mod and i use it to keep my kesy and wallet etc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17f4e1a8-5f30-4769-bc7c-fb1241a45d7f.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	484506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dffdfc6a-5c8b-4ff6-a94e-421f3070f7ef.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	484507

    2. Second one was a TV for my kids for the Winter Camps, we actually camp a lot in Winter and need an option to keep them entertained if it buckets down. The TV was just over R1000 and the bracket was R750 as its completely removable and swivels on 3 axis. While installing the TV, we added a 220V multiplug into the cupboard where it is sotred when not in use next to the bracket, all told just over R2000 invested....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc1b7e7d-55b5-40dc-8002-9704e30b4e6a.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	484508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deff9d32-493c-46a2-8258-0b5435b7f5d0.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	484509

    3. Third mod was my most expensive and ambitious, installed a Roof Mounted Dometic Aircon, which meant i needed to mod the roof to open Horizontally as the AirCon cant operate at an angle. All work was done by Conquer WC and cost was close on a lot , however worth every cent in my eyes, as it keeps us cool in the ridiculous summer heat during the Cederberg nights, while keeping the kids warm in the caravan during those cold mid winter nights. We now do not have a camping season, we camp comfortably all year around.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof1.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	484510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof2.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	484511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	484512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon2.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	484513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon3.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	484514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon4.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	484515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon5.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	484516


    These mods are outside the normal ones that you can do via the dealership like stabiliser legs etc.

    Let us know what you have done to your Commander, we know all campers love to steal with our eyes
    How much weight did the aircon add to the roof?

  25. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanked: 1494

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Ek het 'n groot stoornis (issue) met die Commander se balgewig en het die jockey na agter geskuif.

    Sal later meer inligting en modifikasies wys om die balgewig te verminder.
    Last edited by JohanMaree; 2019/05/21 at 01:51 PM.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  26. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Himeville
    Age
    42
    Posts
    74
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    I bought a 2009 Commander that was missing a few things from a "standard van". The Van is at Conqueror West rand now being made "whole again" but no major mods like you guys have done.

    1 thing I am having done is removing the older style battery charger and installing a smarter charger and also adding a solar regulator for when I eventually add solar panels.

    Being from KZN and there not being a dealer or agent down there, it made sense to me to have these things done now while in Jhb.

    Cant wait to take the van out again.
    2004 Td5 Defender 110
    2006 V8 Discovery 3

  27. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 115

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Dagse mense.
    Nuut in die Conqueror familie so ek wil graag meer hoor oor mods.
    Enige nuwe mods wat aangebring is? Deel bietjie.
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  28. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    57
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 38

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Dagse mense.
    Nuut in die Conqueror familie so ek wil graag meer hoor oor mods.
    Enige nuwe mods wat aangebring is? Deel bietjie.
    Hi Wildkyker, welkom man. Ek het self na 10 jaar se droom so maande terug eers die Conqueror familie ge join en 'n Commander gekoop. Wat vir my gewerk het tov jou vraag is die volgende. Ek het al die Conqueror posts op die forum deurgelees en al die fotos van verbeteringe wat ek van hou op my rekenaar afgelaai.
    Sterkte daar.
    I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •