2nd Generation Grid Tied - solar or battery DC input

Default 2nd Generation Grid Tied - solar or battery DC input

I found this Grid Tied inverter with a few handy configurations. Priced at AUS $ 685.

1. DC input can be PV or battery in the range of 45-90V.
    Spare PV used during the day to charge batteries and using the battery power to save on grid use.
    2. MPPT from panels 50-90V
    3. Inverter has built in power limit to prevent exporting.
    4. Inverter also has a 2nd power limit external port.
    5. Protection/setting to prevent batteries from over discharge.
    6. Via the APP the level of power from batteries can be set in Amps.
    7. Level of power generated from PV or batteries can be set.
    8. Multiple units can be used in ||.
    9. Weight only 6kg.
    10. 2000W
    11. Warranty 2 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd-gener-grid-tied01.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	571247

Name:	2nd-gener-grid-tied02.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	571248

Name:	2nd-gener-grid-tied03.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	571249
    Bottom right will show the pure sine wave when under load.

Name:	2nd-gener-grid-tied04.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	571250
    Some of the settings for battery current and grid tied load.

Default Re: 2nd Generation Grid Tied - solar or battery DC input

I see the utilities in Aus is asking for intelligent inverters that they have control over remotely to switch it of should the solar contribution get too high and risk a whiteout.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    I found this Grid Tied inverter with a few handy configurations. Priced at AUS $ 685.
    What is new that caught your attention?

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    I see the utilities in Aus is asking for intelligent inverters that they have control over remotely to switch it of should the solar contribution get too high and risk a whiteout.
    Eish ... hope SA does not see that!

To sort it is simple though, how they switch off geysers in the past, put that device between inverter and DB board, to disconnect inverter from DB.
    Let the rest it powers continue as per norm, nothing can then be fed back to the grid, yet the grid DB still continues.
    Sorted.

Because I would not want access to my system by the Munic ... just no!
    For if the inverter must be accessed remotely, whole new set of software and probably firmware and parts = you have to buy a new inverter.
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    What is new that caught your attention?

Eish ... hope SA does not see that!

To sort it is simple though, how they switch off geysers in the past, put that device between inverter and DB board, to disconnect inverter from DB.
    Let the rest it powers continue as per norm, nothing can then be fed back to the grid, yet the grid DB still continues.
    Sorted.

Because I would not want access to my system by the Munic ... just no!
    For if the inverter must be accessed remotely, whole new set of software and probably firmware and parts = you have to buy a new inverter.

This one of the reasons Pta has a limit to the amount of grid tied units they will allow per neighbourhood. Apparently first come first serve, when they get around to issue permits (and pay you 10c/kWh)

This one of the reasons Pta has a limit to the amount of grid tied units they will allow per neighbourhood. Apparently first come first serve, when they get around to issue permits (and pay you 10c/kWh)
    Cape Town chose to limit each house to a max wattage per inverter, based on the DB's main breaker. Like on a 60amp breaker, the max inverter size is 3.5kw.
    It is in the SANS/NRS regulations already, the limits.

That allegedly is to allow more homes, whom are all fed off the same transformer, to be allowed to get grid tied setups.
    Reason to limit is because the local networks are 1) old and 2) not designed for grid tied application in the first instance.

And we don't sell back to CoCT ... YET!

Also, at one time CoCT said they would buy back at Eskom Rates, excl VAT.
    BUT no-one is allowed to sell electricity other than Eskom, and no-one is allowed ot buy electricity from anyone other than Eskom.
    And the costs of the bi-directional meter and daily charge (to maintain the network) ... they can go and jump ... as the sums makes no sense.
    And the Net Usage over 12 months is a nightmare to manage.

So, CoCt has been at Gov's neck to have the law changed. Once they have sorted out with Gov that they can buy AND the court case has run it's course in their favour, then maybe we will sell back.
    The law needs to change permanently, and not change when a minister gets a new idea. So the Constitution needs to change.

I have been at them for over 2 years now ... have a direct email ... pushing them to consider:
    1) We are paying the connection fee of R150 excl already, so no daily charge.
    2) Pay a bit less than Eskom rate but give the bi-directional meter for free.
    Reason being a LOT of homes have solar, that has a lot of spare during the day when people are at work, buy it from the home users and use that power for the less fortunate.

So, once the court case has been heard and CoCT won, they can buy from anyone, then it will be a time to consider selling back
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    Cape Town chose to limit each house to a max wattage per inverter, based on the DB's main breaker. Like on a 60amp breaker, the max inverter size is 3.5kw.
    It is in the SANS/NRS regulations already, the limits.

That allegedly is to allow more homes, whom are all fed off the same transformer, to be allowed to get grid tied setups.
    Reason to limit is because the local networks are 1) old and 2) not designed for grid tied application in the first instance.

And we don't sell back to CoCT ... YET!

Also, at one time CoCT said they would buy back at Eskom Rates, excl VAT.
    BUT no-one is allowed to sell electricity other than Eskom, and no-one is allowed ot buy electricity from anyone other than Eskom.
    And the costs of the bi-directional meter and daily charge (to maintain the network) ... they can go and jump ... as the sums makes no sense.
    And the Net Usage over 12 months is a nightmare to manage.

So, CoCt has been at Gov's neck to have the law changed. Once they have sorted out with Gov that they can buy AND the court case has run it's course in their favour, then maybe we will sell back.
    The law needs to change permanently, and not change when a minister gets a new idea. So the Constitution needs to change.

I have been at them for over 2 years now ... have a direct email ... pushing them to consider:
    1) We are paying the connection fee of R150 excl already, so no daily charge.
    2) Pay a bit less than Eskom rate but give the bi-directional meter for free.
    Reason being a LOT of homes have solar, that has a lot of spare during the day when people are at work, buy it from the home users and use that power for the less fortunate.

So, once the court case has been heard and CoCT won, they can buy from anyone, then it will be a time to consider selling back

I'm just thinking aloud, but what will happen when Pretoria gets its act together one day, go to a current grid tied household and bill you for the difference between the 10c rule and what you scored for a few years previously? With greedy politicians anything is possible
    Last edited by faniedup; 2020/05/13 at 01:15 PM.

I'm just thinking aloud, but what will happen when Pretoria gets its act together one day, go to a current grid tied household and bill you for the difference between the 10c rule and what you scored for a few years previously? With greedy politicians anything is possible
    Don't think they will backdate anything ... that is IF they even can, legally and doing the sums.

to legally grid tie, you have to follow a process, as in CoCT, and you sign papers to the effect.
    Political Correctness

Thought I put it here c.. recharging a Tesla at 22.08kW

Political Correctness