Tracks4Africa Navigator App

Default Tracks4Africa Navigator App

Good day,

Maybe this question has been asked before...but how do you clear the Track log on the Navigation app and how do you edit the information?
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
    2015 Jeep Renegade Limited
    2010 Conqueror Courage

Default Re: Tracks4Africa Navigator App

Hallo BikerMice,

Did you come right with this - apologies I only see your post now, I have stopped getting notifications for new posts, trying to sort it out!

In the app, click on the three lines on the bottom right of the screen, then click on "useful information - trip monitor". On the bottom right click on the up arrow, and then click on edit. A list of your trips will come up, you can click on one trip and delete it, then click on the next and delete, etc. If you want to delete them all, when you see the list of your trips, in the bottom right click on the up arrow again, and select "delete all". This is a permanent action, so you won't be able to recover your data once you have deleted it.

You cannot edit the trips on the phone - under "useful information" you will see an option to export the trips. If you have enough memory on your phone, you can select "export all", if you don't have enough space on the phone, you will have to export them one by one. Once exported, you can connect your phone to the computer, and look for the tracks (on an Android phone) under "my files - internal storage - android - data - za.co.tracks4africa.nng.africa - tracks - 01". (shortcut: search the phone for tracks4africa or nng). All your exported trips will sit in this location, and you can now copy it to your PC and edit it with Basecamp or Mapsource on your PC. Unfortunately you cannot send the edited tracks back to the phone.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you come right - you can email me too on the address below.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Sorry to jump onto this thread, but I canít find anywhere else. I have a garmin drive 60lm. Iíve got the maps loaded, thatís not an issue. However, I canít get the Africa guide to work. It has an old version loaded, comes up when I use the Where to function. But Iíd like the new one, which Iíve received the link to. No matter what I try, it doesnít show up. Am I doing something wrong? I transferred it from a MacBook, to the garmin poi folder, as advised?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizette Swart View Post
    Hallo BikerMice,

Did you come right with this - apologies I only see your post now, I have stopped getting notifications for new posts, trying to sort it out!

In the app, click on the three lines on the bottom right of the screen, then click on "useful information - trip monitor". On the bottom right click on the up arrow, and then click on edit. A list of your trips will come up, you can click on one trip and delete it, then click on the next and delete, etc. If you want to delete them all, when you see the list of your trips, in the bottom right click on the up arrow again, and select "delete all". This is a permanent action, so you won't be able to recover your data once you have deleted it.

You cannot edit the trips on the phone - under "useful information" you will see an option to export the trips. If you have enough memory on your phone, you can select "export all", if you don't have enough space on the phone, you will have to export them one by one. Once exported, you can connect your phone to the computer, and look for the tracks (on an Android phone) under "my files - internal storage - android - data - za.co.tracks4africa.nng.africa - tracks - 01". (shortcut: search the phone for tracks4africa or nng). All your exported trips will sit in this location, and you can now copy it to your PC and edit it with Basecamp or Mapsource on your PC. Unfortunately you cannot send the edited tracks back to the phone.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you come right - you can email me too on the address below.

Regards

Lizette
    are you referring to the apps on Ipad, as I do not have 3 lines at the bottom right, or anything on trip info?

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinSherren View Post
    Sorry to jump onto this thread, but I canít find anywhere else. I have a garmin drive 60lm. Iíve got the maps loaded, thatís not an issue. However, I canít get the Africa guide to work. It has an old version loaded, comes up when I use the Where to function. But Iíd like the new one, which Iíve received the link to. No matter what I try, it doesnít show up. Am I doing something wrong? I transferred it from a MacBook, to the garmin poi folder, as advised?
    Thanks.
    Hi Calvin,

Did you first unzip the folder and then used the extracted file to copy to the poi folder? If you already did that and it still does not work, please can you contact our support team on [email protected] or give them a call on (021) 880-8660 - the ladies will sort the problem out quick-quick.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizette Swart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Waals View Post
    are you referring to the apps on Ipad, as I do not have 3 lines at the bottom right, or anything on trip info?
    Hallo Waals,

We have two applications, one is the T4A guide app, and the other is the T4A Navigator App. The three lines at the bottom, as well as the trip info, appears in the Navigator App, you will not see it in the Guide App. I have an Android phone and for me it appears at the bottom right, on the iOS it might be in a different position, and it may be a small arrow to click on that will give you a list of options e.g. create a new route, multipoint route, useful information, settings, etc.)

Please can you confirm which app you have? If it is the Navigator App, but you cannot find this setting, please could you email me on [email protected] and I will put you in contact with someone that uses an iPad.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za